So, let's talk about 3.3

How many "coming weeks" are we talking about then? :D

I don't think you needed to smiley that.

Their obsession with secrecy is well past a joke, and if they really were confident about the content of 3.3 they shouldn't need to hide it, it should be obvious to all that it would be an improvement to the game.

And though I wish it weren't so, the fact that they are still playing these games with us makes me afraid they know there are still holes in what they have planned that will become apparent when the beta drops, or shortly after.

the important thing to remember is that this is not a delay. FDev MEANT for this to drag on all along and drag out over weeks with no information.

Only 2.8% if players care about concrete facts anyway so it doesn't matter. The rest of the player base would be happy with whatever they "surprise" them with. Thus game has so many players that 2.8% can be discarded over and over again without any negative effect.

Last edited:
I don't think you needed to smiley that.

Their obsession with secrecy is well past a joke, and if they really were confident about the content of 3.3 they shouldn't need to hide it, it should be obvious to all that it would be an improvement to the game.

And though I wish it weren't so, the fact that they are still playing these games with us makes me afraid they know there are still holes in what they have planned that will become apparent when the beta drops, or shortly after.

Will did say in another thread that they already know when the release date will be (the planned one, force majeure & all that), the reason for not giving it out is Marketing driven, not because there is no plan.

So when Will says they 'can't' say, this is incorrect. They 'don't want to' say. I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't let us know as soon as it is known other than a lack of faith in their internal ability to meet a deadline. Normally there would be an approximate date (ie Q4) which is refined as the project nears completion (a date (subject to change), then a time).

It may not be announced voluntarily but there is a clear demand for the information from the customer base and no good reason not to supply it on demand.

Last edited:
Hello amadeus1171,

We can't announce the release date of the 3.3 update at the moment, but we will be sharing more details about the content in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on these forums for such announcements.

We certainly hope so!

"Weeks"

Well.

See ya next year.

Another contributor who can't recognize Sarcasm when it is presented on a plate??

Dear oh Dear oh Dear!

Maybe i should explain as you can't get it..... He said I have a feeling blah blah blah, meaning he feels that, so i said Source?? Eh get it now?

Still No?

In all fairness, sarcasm is much more easily detected in person as the tone on which it is said is very important plus facial expressions.

what's 2.8% of 42??

1.176 :D

Another contributor who can't recognize Sarcasm when it is presented on a plate??

Dear oh Dear oh Dear!

Maybe i should explain as you can't get it..... He said I have a feeling blah blah blah, meaning he feels that, so i said Source?? Eh get it now?

Still No?

Yea good for you trying to explain for us the "not as smart as you" but.. nice try for you to sell it as sarcasm, but i dont think thats the case. You were just in a hurry to blindly defend your precious, that you didnt see he mention it was a feeling of his.

Nice try though..

In all fairness, sarcasm is much more easily detected in person as the tone on which it is said is very important plus facial expressions.

1.176 :D

Agree, and usually I use the winky smiley ( ;) ) to indicate tongue in cheek/Sarcasm, but on this occasion of answering i was on mobile so not easy or quick to get to advanced...............!

Yea good for you trying to explain for us the "not as smart as you" but.. nice try for you to sell it as sarcasm, but i dont think thats the case. You were just in a hurry to blindly defend your precious, that you didnt see he mention it was a feeling of his.

Nice try though..

So you have professional qualifications to analyse other peoples actions/thoughts?

Nice one, i bow to your esteemed knowledge oh great one ;)

Agree, and usually I use the winky smiley ( ;) ) to indicate tongue in cheek/Sarcasm, but on this occasion of answering i was on mobile so not easy or quick to get to advanced...............!

So you have professional qualifications to analyse other peoples actions/thoughts?

Nice one, i bow to your esteemed knowledge oh great one ;)

Thats more like it, instead of treating us like idiots.
Ofc now your "sarcasm" is obvious, but knowing your case, i choose to take it seriously.

Thats more like it, instead of treating us like idiots.
Ofc now your "sarcasm" is obvious, but knowing your case, i choose to take it seriously.

Maybe that's your problem, you take things too seriously, (But hey what do i know i am not professional qualified), chill out and stop fighting that damn shark ;) ;) (Double sarcasm for you Cmdr :) )

It is an interesting observation, that Frontier’s consistent cloak of secrecy and non-committal to direct communication has become so outlandish as to have actually become a meme or joke material. Words like “soon” and “exciting” have become laughable now due to their over-use in place of actual information. Frontier’s own info updates often read more like political announcements rather than something from a video game company, and that is largely because of the plethora of words yet little information within them.

I truly wish they would just communicate with the community more. Not just talk, but actually inform and communicate and discuss things in detail. It would serve to kill so much rampant speculation and disinformation in the community which people resort to simple due to a lack of any tangible info. They were great at it back during the alpha days and even in the first year of the game, but after 2.0 something drastic changed in this regard with Frontier.

Some game companies manage communication very well, but it is one of the main aspects I wish Frontier could improve or change their policies on.

We can't announce the release date of the 3.3 update at the moment, but we will be sharing more details about the content in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on these forums for such announcements.
Is the "coming weeks" more than, equal to, or less than the "coming weeks" announcement six weeks ago?
Terrible communication FD, you can't even commit to a preview video release date? How about week? Month?
*Crickets*

It is an interesting observation, that Frontier’s consistent cloak of secrecy and non-committal to direct communication has become so outlandish as to have actually become a meme or joke material. Words like “soon” and “exciting” have become laughable now due to their over-use in place of actual information. Frontier’s own info updates often read more like political announcements rather than something from a video game company, and that is largely because of the plethora of words yet little information within them.

I truly wish they would just communicate with the community more. Not just talk, but actually inform and communicate and discuss things in detail. It would serve to kill so much rampant speculation and disinformation in the community which people resort to simple due to a lack of any tangible info. They were great at it back during the alpha days and even in the first year of the game, but after 2.0 something drastic changed in this regard with Frontier.

Some game companies manage communication very well, but it is one of the main aspects I wish Frontier could improve or change their policies on.

I agree. I think it's important to engage with the whole community, not just the fun stuff.

Maybe that's your problem, you take things too seriously, (But hey what do i know i am not professional qualified), chill out and stop fighting that damn shark ;) ;) (Double sarcasm for you Cmdr :) )

Again nice try to constantly pretending to be the chill guy, while i m the "too serious". Good tactic to cover up nonsense that cannot be taken back lol. See i 'm "chill" now, i loled.

- Oh by the way, i m waiting for that "welcome to my ignore list" thingie, and i m sooooo scared.

Again nice try to constantly pretending to be the chill guy, while i m the "too serious". Good tactic to cover up nonsense that cannot be taken back lol. See i 'm "chill" now, i loled.

- Oh by the way, i m waiting for that "welcome to my ignore list" thingie, and i m sooooo scared.
weP8U1u.gif

So true. The newsletters are a case in point. Non-information at it's finest.

They were much more exciting reads in the beginning.

I quite like to contrast them with stellaris dev diaries that are really cool and contain actual information about the coming updates.

Whatever!!

BTW i never use the banned list why would I? I would miss treasured replies from you ;) Move on old chap !

Top Bottom