So... Powerplay...

So you pledge to a power, have to wait 3-4 weeks before you can get the benefits you signed up for, and then to get the benefits you have to deliver stuff from one place to another... and you can only deliver 10 at a time, and no more than 10 every 30 mins without paying through the nose... and you get 1 point per item... and you need 750 points to get prismatic shields.

Really?

I tried BH in a RES in a contested system some of the ships I destroyed said "Enemy". Nil points.

Really?

So you pledge to a power, have to wait 3-4 weeks before you can get the benefits you signed up for, and then to get the benefits you have to deliver stuff from one place to another... and you can only deliver 10 at a time, and no more than 10 every 30 mins without paying through the nose... and you get 1 point per item... and you need 750 points to get prismatic shields.

Really?

I tried BH in a RES in a contested system some of the ships I destroyed said "Enemy". Nil points.

Really?

If you undermine its 30 merits per kill and about 30 minutes work- BH won't count.

Please define "undermine"?
Only mine bauxite? Don't fill my hold?

In Powerplay you have a few jobs:

Deliver preparation cargo
Deliver fortification supplies
Combat in CZ like expansions (if combat power) or haul to expand (if hauling Power)
Undermine other powers (i.e. attack other Powers).

Undermining is when you go to a rivals control systems (look on a rivals Powerplay fortification tab and see the systems listed) and shoot down their PP NPC ships. They appear at Navs and in SC.

Undermining expansion:
  1. Pledged to Li Yong-Rui (Packhound missiles are the goal)
  2. Found opposing system in expansion using galactic power screen (4): Felicia Winters-Akuntsu system
  3. This screen also states what types of ships to destroy: Fed-Aid vessels
  4. Take combat ship to Akuntsu
  5. SC toward Nav Beacon
  6. Throttle zero when in the blue and go past beacon, jump out of SC
  7. Kill Fed-Aid Vessels. Note: I got credit for killing any ship pledged to Felicia Winters (do not kill wanted ships)
  8. Repeat steps 5-7
  9. Under Transactions/Claims should see "XX power play with Felicia Winters" in yellow font //edit: 30 points per kill
  10. Turn in for merits at pledged power's HQ e.g. Lembava //edit: any controlled system of your pledged power will convert points to merits
  11. In the 4th week of loyalty, purchase new toy at any station.
Step 8:

Last edited:
Undermining expansion:
  2. Found opposing system in expansion using galactic power screen (4): Felicia Winters-Akuntsu system
  5. SC toward Nav Beacon
  7. Kill Fed-Aid Vessels. Note: I got credit for killing any ship pledged to Felicia Winters (do not kill wanted ships)
  8. Repeat steps 5-7
  9. Under Transactions/Claims should see "XX power play with Felicia Winters" in yellow font //edit: 30 points per kill
  10. Turn in for merits at pledged power's HQ e.g. Lembava //edit: any controlled system of your pledged power will convert points to merits
Step 8:
That's what I'm doing in 4 weeks. Yesterday I bought my APA.

Undermining expansion:
  5. SC toward Nav Beacon
  8. Repeat steps 5-7
Step 8:
Can you do that without incurring a bounty? It's just such a hassle.

Can you do that without incurring a bounty? It's just such a hassle.
Bounties can't be avoided since we're killing clean ships here. There is no notoriety with powerplay kills. Find the nearest Interstellar Factors which is one jump from the Expansion system. Base your ops from the I.F. system.

Serious PP is about role play (some like to be Imperial Scum, others prefer the corrupt Federation) and you should only do it as a member of a player group as large as possible to decrease the individual grind and work together on a plan.

Serious PP is about role play (some like to be Imperial Scum, others prefer the corrupt Federation) and you should only do it as a member of a player group as large as possible to decrease the individual grind and work together on a plan.
Id agree with that, except the RP stands for Realpolitik :)

Deleted member 192138

D
Except nobody cares because some of the best modules are grindlocked behind power play pledges, ranks and merits which is why the majority of people pledge to a power.

Agreed with @Krash
Been an imperial scum.. i mean imperial pilot for many moons and only recently decided i should get those special shields. Why not.
Went out and started undermining the closet power. Being really excited when the target flew in wings. each ship in a wing counts, 3 in a win 90 points.
Problem is when you pop two wingmen really quick the remaining buddy wants to run away.. "hey don't go, you will like indentured servitude. honest"
got the 750 points needed in less then two days of limited play.

Signing up, forgetting about it for three weeks, flying circles around a nav beacon for IDK an hour, two hours tops, and waiting for the tick to get them green shields. I've done this with two CMDRs now and I can confidently state it is the best roleplay experience ... IN THE WORLD.

jeremy-clarkson-i-ll-do-one-last-lap-of-top-gear-track-before-f-b-sack-me-93484_1.jpg

Maybe -- just maybe -- if it made a bit of observable difference but it's noise at best, just like every other context in the game. Star system security levels? LOL. Thargoids? Probed me once but that's about it. Galactic powers? All friendly towards me. Powerplay? Kinda like engineers but instead of grinding mats for toys, it's just waiting for toys (which was nice, I'm pretty good at doing other stuff).

Yeah yeah Pilots Federation and all that, we're the privateers or whatevs. Everybody loves us, and the Thargoids want to make sweet love to us. But still. Inconsequential. All of it.

I give this game seven out of five and I'm sure this time around BAFTA will acknowledge the genius. GG (y)

Top Bottom