So... Thanks for the game update, the UI changes are great....

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
They could just... you know, boot up the game, deploy an SRV anywhere and drive it for a few hundred meters. I'm sure that would yield some quality first-hand test samples.

(Let me preface this by saying I'm sure the issue does exist)

In my personal experience so far in Odyssey driving SRV's I actually haven't run into this yet, that I'm aware of. QA need to consistently reproduce things like this - and in a massive universe like Elite, narrowing down where to search helps dramatically.

In my personal experience so far in Odyssey driving SRV's I actually haven't run into this yet, that I'm aware of. QA need to consistently reproduce things like this - and in a massive universe like Elite, narrowing down where to search helps dramatically.
Thanks to the great work from the devs and the CM team. :)

Adding a bit more info on invisible rocks: In Update two, if I saw an invisible rock, relogging would often help and make the rock visible. Sometimes I'd have to relog two or three times. This means the rocks can sometimes appear and sometimes not, even for the same exact hardware and user account. :)

Well that's an unfortunate rock placement. Can you add something to the tracker for that?

As far as the invisi-rocks, you can contribute to that here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34099 - we're working on it.
Why don't FDEV add a simple "flatten" function to outposts?
In the old versions of Flight Simulator, when airports required flat surface to work properly, there was this simple function to flatten all terrain within a specific radius around the airport. Just add the same for all outposts... I'm quite sure in some case there will be some interesting and spectacular result..

For sure there might be hardware and driver interactions at play too. I run into them a lot when bio hunting. Next time I'll note planet and location and add it into issue.

Deleted member 182079

D

Consider yourself lucky in that case :)

I've come across this literally everywhere I landed and drove around in the SRV so far (to varying degrees, this morning was really bad though, outside a settlement in the system where the CG just finished), so to me it seems it's a universal issue that has gotten worse since the patch...

What Zac says! I’ve also encountered this bug only on 2 worlds (of 20+ I’ve driven the SRV on since Odyssey release) so far.

An approximate location + screenshot (not visible for us, I hope the issue tracker does not just ignore contribution attachments) have been posted yesterday here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/29605 — looks like a duplicate.

EDIT: Turns out I have a recording of that encounter. The exact location was Dryooe Prou GB-B c2-886 9 a, lat. 41.0094°, long. 1.5496°. (This was before today’s patch.)

Last edited:
Why don't FDEV add a simple "flatten" function to outposts?
In the old versions of Flight Simulator, when airports required flat surface to work properly, there was this simple function to flatten all terrain within a specific radius around the airport. Just add the same for all outposts... I'm quite sure in some case there will be some interesting and spectacular result..

From what's been said on the plantet-tech livestreams, the do have a 'flatten' function for the terrain mesh at bases. That's obviously a different kettle of virtual triangles to the rock spawning system. ;)

they have always "cropped" up, but as of today they seem to be everywhere

From what's been said on the plantet-tech livestreams, the do have a 'flatten' function for the terrain mesh at bases. That's obviously a different kettle of virtual triangles to the rock spawning system. ;)
Well the flatten function in Flight Simulator killed also any autogen building and trees generation of course... just to avoid trees and buildings in the middle of the runways.

Well the flatten function in Flight Simulator killed also any autogen building and trees generation of course... just to avoid trees and buildings in the middle of the runways.

So more than just 'flatten' then. :) Yeah, the game does need that (bangs ship's head on levitating rock in hangar in Horizons...)

Top Bottom