So there’s currently a Cmdr stuck in the slot, station defences having no affect, assumed he’s proving a point about cheats...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So, let's see if I've got this right - a cmdr has wedged a beluga in the slot at JM and is cheating to resist station guns, in order to protest cheating? With his name out there on a live stream for everyone to see. Protest or not, don't care why he's cheating. Ban him.

I would assume this is being done on an alt account. At least whoever is doing it will find out whether Frontier just ban the offending account, or all accounts traceable to the same player.

The point is that it is dead-easy to enable godmode in a supposed MMO. Which means that either FD fixes it, or their entire game is a joke as far as multiplayer is concerned. I hope that answers your question.
I still don't get it to be honest. How does this proof that it's dead easy?

I still don't get it to be honest. How does this proof that it's dead easy?

While it is true that this action itself doesn't prove it, everyone who is in any way interested in PvP knows that literally any of us on pc can have godmode shields within a few minutes if you know your way around the arcane source of knowledge called Google. He isn't proving it, he is simply using a publicly available, openly discussed cheat program FD has been aware of for a very long time. But rather than using it in a sneaky way and griefing people with it he does it in a way that gets him nothing at all while maximizing exposure to this thing.

I dont like cheating. But at some point FD needs to step up from blanket "we're on the case use the report function we're doing everything we can blablablabla' because everyone interested in this knows its a load of bovine feces. Either fix this, which quite possible requires a complete overhaul of the network infrastructure, or just go on public and say:"PvP is a joke, has always been a joke and will continue to be a joke. We do not care, we will not fix it. If you want this, be advised that beyond 'agreed upon duels' it is just a mindless cheatfest and we aren't gonna bother doing anything about it.'

I'm on PS4 so I imagine it would be quite easy to trace my details on an alt account since I'd have to create a gamer ID which would include some personal information. I take it from your comment this is impossible on PC.
I don't think so, but I forgot about console.

Edit: Cheers Skippy. (y)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom