So these bugs you're hoping will now get fixed - what actually are they?

A great many voices continually talk about all the bugs in the game, so much so that Frontier have now switched priorities to focus on these rather than on Fleet Carriers.

So what I'm really curious to know is ... what specifically are they?
Here's what I'd like people to do by way of answering this question.

Post here your top three bugs ... ah, but wait! ... it's not quite as simple as that.

Could you also link the fault tracker issue where the bug has been reported.

Not reported? Then go and report it!
... no, I'm serious ... if you think someone else must surely have reported the issue (or worse, you think Frontier will just somehow notice and fix it) then think again. Like it or not the issue tracker is the system we have and if you don't report the issue, or add your contribution to an existing report so it gets confirmed/acknowledged, or vote on an acknowledged issue so it gets properly investigated (and hopefully fixed) ... then it's kinda irrelevant (no much how annoying you may personally find it).

So, here are my three (and yup ... they're pretty trivial really but they just happen to be things I encounter regularly and would love to see fixed).

1) Planet surface has floating rocks and SRV and other items sink partially through surface. (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/336)

2) The target-cursor indicating an unresolved planetary salvage location is incorrectly rendered (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/107)

3) Exiting the Game just hangs, need to force terminate (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/791)

1. Fix the circular homing marker for ground based salvage missions. The animation hasn't triggered in about a year and it looks stupid just moving along the ground without it.
2. Fix all the codex paging prompt labels being truncated. Not sure if this is done, haven't checked it in a while.
3. Fix the text stub labels from displaying in the mission board text. These really irritate me for some reason. From having done things like that at as a programmer myself its nothing but extreme carelessness that leaves stuff like that in the game.

Yeah that's about it for me too really.

Also there's navigation bugs in the arx store, lol.

Last edited:
Well...
I have 1 bug reported by me: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/862

Sadly, the only other one I confirmed was orbit lines in VR and will have to find that one!

Amazingly, the September update:
broke engineers - they fixed that
Issues in Wing mining - I think they fixed that
Pre-September Update - CZ's spawning empty - I think that still happens?

Otherwise I don't see serious bugs in my everyday play - therein lies the rub - so for me another 6 months of delay for content I was looking forward to playing makes me ask the question "What have I missed?" because the game has never been 'Broke!' for me :)

It goes deeper than this. A simple decal was able to cause disconnection in the CG. The 'mere' introduction of ARX into the game broke many interactions with game features. It's about how FD test their new features, not so much about existing bugs.

But I am puzzled how the ARX update managed to wreck so much of the Witch Head Sector 'new Colonia' that we worked so hard to repair and develop. How is it possible to have a planetary base (Jade's Pride) vanish and for so long after the event? 🤷‍♂️

And yes, a bug report about it was submitted.

- Orbit lines not showing in VR
- Floating rocks’n’stuff
- Smoke sprites rotating with head movement, unfortunately bug report marked as “Invalid” though cockpit smoke sprite rotation had at one stage been fixed.

Okay, here's my top 3:
Keyboard becomes unresponsive
But sometimes I just have the escape key stop working. waiting for this fix before in case it's all one thingy.

Core fragments get stuck in rock fragements
Becuase... money, it's mine. give it me.

Chat deletes unsent messages between jump transitions
just annoying, but does add a little mini game of can you finishing typing before the count down finsihes.

Bonus?
Chat says there is a message when there isn't one:
minor, but annoying.

Must admit, on the whole I don't think the games too bad, btu I am sure mileage varies. Also I would say playing in Open is pretty janky, but I rarely do, so can't say much on that front.

Also, love the thread idea @Alec Turner, hopefully gets anyone whos got issues to actually and check and reprot them if they haven't. +1 to you!

- Any bugs network code related (wings, multicrew, instancing)

But those are the exact problems that can't be addressed with a simple bug fix: you're looking at a fundamental change there that would cascade through the game (again) and which would have to be designed and implemented by people who are probably working on the 2020 update.

I'm not saying those things shouldn't be fixed. But it doesn't seem realistic to expect them in the bug-fixing months we've been told to expect.

You should have asked this back when I was still playing on PS4 :p
For now my personal list is as follows (in no particular order):
  • FOV-pop / stutter bug introduced in September update
  • FSS POI long scan times (separate it from the main thread or just tell us existence of POI types rather than count)
  • Lights shining through the hull of my Dolphin into my cockpit (headlines, collector limpets, stars, station lights, etc)
  • HUD mode switching to Analysis when it shouldn't (start of game, exiting FSS when triggered from combat mode)
  • Terrible rubber-banding of NPCs in shared instances around stations (even with low player count)
  • Crashes to Desktop (I had three of these last night at CG)
  • Randomized navigation panel highlighter (this forced me to turn off systems in the filter)
  • Inability to turn off local NPC comms like we used to (wedding barges, 1% liners, etc)
  • Message popups in the center of the screen blocking important information (FSS) or generally being a distracting mess - these should just stay in info panel
  • Add ability to turn off "Press Joy 4 + Joy 76 + Axis 1242 to do something trivial" messages
  • Planet data still does not always display for scanned planets in FSS
  • DSS should be usable regardless of HUD mode, just like FSS (and return to mode it was activated from)
  • CZs are utterly broken - have you not been paying attention?
  • Rumor is that things like multicrew are a bug-ridden, half-baked mess. Codex isn't much better. I don't even bother with these half-baked cakes. 🤷

Well, that's a start, anyway. Not all these things are bugs by the strictest definition, some are bad UI design that needs serious "tweaking". I'm sure to expand this list later.

But you know, you could just go to the oh so wonderful Issue Tracker if you're one of these climate change bug deniers. The science is there!

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
But those are the exact problems that can't be addressed with a simple bug fix: you're looking at a fundamental change there that would cascade through the game (again) and which would have to be designed and implemented by people who are probably working on the 2020 update.

I'm not saying those things shouldn't be fixed. But it doesn't seem realistic to expect them in the bug-fixing months we've been told to expect.
Yeah, I am aware there is probably a very real technical limitation there more than just bugs. Nevertheless I would imagine there is still plenty of room to minimise, alleviate or even hide some of the issues.

At the very least, and if these can not be fixed, it would be great to have FDEV explaining why or why not and what are the limits.

Last edited:
A great many voices continually talk about all the bugs in the game, so much so that Frontier have now switched priorities to focus on these rather than on Fleet Carriers.

Post here your top three bugs ... ah, but wait! ... it's not quite as simple as that.

... no, I'm serious ... if you think someone else must surely have reported the issue (or worse, you think Frontier will just somehow notice and fix it) then think again. Like it or not the issue tracker is the system we have and if you don't report the issue, or add your contribution to an existing report so it gets confirmed/acknowledged, or vote on an acknowledged issue so it gets properly investigated (and hopefully fixed) ... then it's kinda irrelevant (no much how annoying you may personally find it).

So, here are my three (and yup ... they're pretty trivial really but they just happen to be things I encounter regularly and would love to see fixed).

1) Planet surface has floating rocks and SRV and other items sink partially through surface. (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/336)

2) The target-cursor indicating an unresolved planetary salvage location is incorrectly rendered (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/107)

3) Exiting the Game just hangs, need to force terminate (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/791)

1/ Knowledge base guardian codex entries not playing.
2/ Right side 'internal' panel having all sorts of update and access issues.
3/ ... Sure I'll think of something. Is NPC pad blocking still a thing? Fixing that if it is.

My top three are

Planets and Moons orbit lines not visible in the FSS when in VR - Seeing what the orbital lines look can tell you a lot about the nature of a planet/moon or binary system. It's one of the things I should be able to use to look for the kinds of things I'm interested in when exploring. Not being able to see them in VR is extremely annoying.

FSS: Long delay when scanning planets with geological sites - I just want to know if there's any geological sites on the surface. I don't care about the number, just if they exist or not. While it's rare, I have encountered geologically active worlds without any sites. This huge delay is also extremely annoying.

Unmapped planets STILL appear as mapped - I can't believe this one's still an issue after it was allegedly fixed. :( Just one more extremely annoying bug in my exploration play flow. 💢

None of these are game braking, but when I encounter them, it's like a pebble that's somehow wormed its way into my sock. It shouldn't be there, and it takes longer to deal with than it should.

not any serious problem here since I started 1 year ago ,that's why I don't understand anything ...
if you allow me, the only problem I have had is the lack of information within the same game, and a bit lack of content , believe me those that have been from the beginning, that in one year you've seen almost everything of him ( not the entire galaxy)

I entered the forum only a month ago because of that ,I think a lot of people do it when they get bored a bit of playing, looking for new things or just comment, if I had much more to do in the game (or what I personally want to play) I wouldn't be here,in fact I never did it in another game ,I usually run away from forums ,then this game matters more to me than the others.

What comes in mind spontaniously:

1. Gear clipping through cockpit (VR)
2. Scanning-sound doesn't stop after succsessful scanning
3. Floating rocks / clipping SRV
4. Rubberbanding NPC
5. messed-up / unclean paints
6. low-res bobblehead-preview (main-menu livery-shop)
7. poor instancing

sollisb

Banned

I refuse to use a bug board that is based on a voting mechanism. I used to post all bugs as I found them. Since they introduced their vote-a-bug, they can stick it.

Top Bottom