SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

I think you are missing the point. The material trader is frontiers response to these g5 materials that are too hard for novice pilots to find. you ranting and raving about something that the game easily provides for you if you just take the time to think isn't anyone's fault but your own. I don't mean to come off as rude but you've already started being rude to the people offering you helpful suggestions, even if they are a little condescending. got to keep in mind the people here from all parts of the world so maybe the way that they type something might sound a way different than they mean it when you read it to yourself with your own voice inflection
"Ranting and Raving"... you need to get out more. I'm voicing a very viable issue. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it "Ranting and Raving". "Something the game easily provides for you..." Did you EVEN READ MY POST? Jesus. Some people! You are coming off as rude. Someone suggested I jump to Robigo and get the mats there. So I did. Guess what. No missions with mats. None. I wrote my post EXACTLY the way I wanted it to sound. I'm ed. Do you get that? Good!

cough material trader cough
I guess you forgot to read the message:

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

"Ranting and Raving"... you need to get out more. I'm voicing a very viable issue. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it "Ranting and Raving". "Something the game easily provides for you..." Did you EVEN READ MY POST? Jesus. Some people! You are coming off as rude. Someone suggested I jump to Robigo and get the mats there. So I did. Guess what. No missions with mats. None. I wrote my post EXACTLY the way I wanted it to sound. I'm ed. Do you get that? Good!
40000 words complaining about something that already has been taken care of in game is imo ranting and raving. Be happy i didnt point out the frothing at the mouth that was also involved
🍿🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂

40000 words complaining about something that already has been taken care of in game is imo ranting and raving. Be happy i didnt point out the frothing at the mouth that was also involved
🍿🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂
Good Bye. You make no sense and offer no solutions. You just want to argue and prove you are the better animal. You failed. 40,000 words? Nice counting. No, don't bother that you are frothing at the mouth. We get it.

Do you think I want to hang out here donating cash until they decide I have enuf rep to get actual missions?

I think you are looking for a quick solution to a gameplay element that is intended to take time. There are a number of ways to obtain any given mat, but they are the currency of the horizons expansion & the Devs have specifically limited their availability, presumably to motivate players to try different things & find a solution that works for them.

I think you are looking for a quick solution to a gameplay element that is intended to take time. There are a number of ways to obtain any given mat, but they are the currency of the horizons expansion & the Devs have specifically limited their availability, presumably to motivate players to try different things & find a solution that works for them.
Like farming mats to trade at 6 to 1? Great “gameplay” elements especially when the mats you need are almost impossible to find. I don’t call that gameplay, nor is it fun. Do I have to specify a game should be fun? I’ve been playing this game for over a year. I know how it works.

Shooting big ships is a more entertaining way to get some mats.
pi.jpg

No ranting and raving here, clearly. CAPS IS SHOUTING AT PEOPLE. So glhf.
On the other hand, OP is right that these materials are supposed to spawn in the same way as other materials according to ingame tips, as the primary means of getting hold of them. And they rarely/ never spawn, meaning improvised or bandaid solutions have to be used. These involve grinding, instead of discerning searching. It should be part of bugfix season, clearly. Since matspawns have been a whackamole problem since they first appeared, best we can hope is a mirculous fix in the New Era rewrite (i think thats a thing thats happening?) otherwise itl just be another Spaghetti Incident, like every other ED patch I can recall at this time of the morning.

I actually used Robigo 3 days ago for Biotech Conductors, Exquisite Focus Crystals and that ... G5 firmware data. I got around 50 of each before they dried up, but it's not normal missions, it's Passenger missions to Serius Astrometrics that offered them, and I was allied to the local factions.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)
This is your problem - you don't actually know how many you need (no-one does, it's RNG based). Staring at numbers leads to grinding leads to rage posts.

I know this will cause you to rage more but .. you need to chill and play the game rather than grinding. Build some rep locally so they'll give you the good missions with the mat rewards, then go off do some assassination missions (for instance) that give mat rewards. They require you to scan nav beacons to find targets - which means you can see if there are any HGEs in the system, kinda nice for getting mats, and then you get to kill the mission targets - who (now you are allied) will probably be Elite and drop yet more mats. Mix it up with some planetary scans which also reward mats and give data mats from the scans. While you are heading to all these mission targets scan any local ships ... for mats.

And leave the grinding for DTEA ;)

I actually used Robigo 3 days ago for Biotech Conductors, Exquisite Focus Crystals and that ... G5 firmware data. I got around 50 of each before they dried up, but it's not normal missions, it's Passenger missions to Serius Astrometrics that offered them, and I was allied to the local factions.
Massive, massive emphasis on this.

tl;dr Higher rep = Higher credit rewards, and raw credit rewards affect the grade of materials offered, because a "standard value" for the materials is deducted from the credit rewards according to this (very rough) scale
= 100-250k reward for G1 mats
=~ 200-500k for G2 mats
=~ 500-800k for G3 mats
=~ 800k-1.25m for G4 mats
=~ 1.25-2m for G5 mats

CMDR Joe Bloggs who just wants mats is gonna go to a mission board and be neutral to everyone... and unless the mission is to transport 50t of Palladium or similar, don't expect rewards much higher than 750k at most, so of course you'll never see G5 mats on the boards.

Once you rep-up to Allied, your credit rewards will be somewhere between 1-2m for assassinations, salvage and source/delivery[1] missions which allows a trade-down for G5 mat rewards. This also applies to passenger missions.

I'll get some sample pics demonstrating this in a sec.

Edit:
Aliied, Assassination mission, 5 x Biotech conductors, knocking down credit reward value =~ 2m credits:
1581241267172.png

Unfriendly Massacre Mission (has higher rewards based on # of ships, 48 in this case), 3 x Biotech Conductors, knocking =~ 1.2m off the credit reward (i.e 400k per material)
Note: This mission proves that getting G5 mat rewards is tied to standard credit reward of the mission, not reputation.
1581241361217.png

Unfriendly Delivery mission, just 270k in rewards, or 5 x G1 materials, knocking just 250k off the credit reward (i.e 50k per material)
1581241433531.png

Friendly Assassination, 1.7m in rewards, or 5 x G4 mats, knocks =~ 1.35m off the credit reward (=~ 270k per G4 mat)
1581241515264.png

You need rep for bigger chances of high paid missions if you want to see G5 mats.

[1] Cargo dependent. Don't expect high rewards for sourcing biowaste (And therefore, only G2-3 mats)

EDIT: PS... not making a case for Military Supercaps here... I'm not going to bat for the current distribution of material availability to activities. But it's not a problem for me to trade across when this is the usual state of G5 manufactured materials for me.

1581241999589.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom