SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

When fly hours from outbreak system to outbreak system to find a HGE in outbreak status, that's Elite...
When you find a HGE with outbreak status and fly over 50,000ls and get Core Dynamics Composites instead of Pharmaceutical Isolators, that's Elite...
When you give up and trade at the material trader instead, that's Elite...

Hey FDev! Wake Up! Listen to the music! While I can't speak for everyone (as I'm sure some wit will point out) many pilots I've talked with are tired of searching for these Grade 5 Manufactured Mats. First, finding a system in Outbreak is difficult, then once you find one, the chance of finding a HGE from the Faction in Outbreak is nigh impossible!!!

Are you TRYING to get rid of pilots? Tired of all these people finding bugs and other boring things that cause you to actually work? Hey, no customers? No Bugs!

Some may say pouring salt here is not advantageous. However this has been a problem since the HGE NERF. Just ask Down To Earth Astronomy.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

Is this really the kind of GRIND you want us to go through? REALLY? I can only assume you want your player count to drop because otherwise you would fix this. But NOOOOOOOO!

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind. I'm sure you underpay someone to monitor these forums, and they have to tippy-toe around making unpopular suggestions like "Hey, people are leaving the game because we aren't providing access to the mats they need" (How dare you make a suggestion! YOU'RE FIRED!)

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s? At least the ones that are near impossible to find. (you can do that ya know... via programming) OR add more Mil SuperCaps and Pharm Isolators to each HGE. Maybe 10 (Times 3 = 30 each HGE) white squares per HGE? SOMETHING!

Back to the search... this will take days and days to complete. Yay.
I was having the exact same problems a few weeks ago.

My advise is head to independent systems, and make sure the HGE is owned by an independent faction, with the correct state (still RNG, I know), but then you're more likely to find what you're looking for, and not the stupid major faction specific materials.

Then when you find one with the right materials (with several minutes on it), drop in, collect it all, then immediately quit to desktop, not main menu.
Load up the game, and same mode, jump to supercruise at zero throttle, and the signal source behind you is a carbon copy of the one you quit on. Loop round, drop in, collect, repeat until the time runs out.
It's an exploit, but considering the you've probably wasted a load of time already, I find it acceptable, until FD solve the spawning problem with major factions overriding the state of the HGE.

When fly hours from outbreak system to outbreak system to find a HGE in outbreak status, that's Elite...
When you find a HGE with outbreak status and fly over 50,000ls and get Core Dynamics Composites instead of Pharmaceutical Isolators, that's Elite...
When you give up and trade at the material trader instead, that's Elite...

I'm sorry, but when someone spends hours trying to find HGE with PI in outbreak status... that's plain stubborness.

Just go to HGE's in Boom systems, they're full of HGE's, each boasting from 6 to 18 G5 materials, take some collector limpets and in a single hour or 2 hopping between boom systems you'll get hundreds of G5s, then trade them for whatever you need.

I'm sorry, but when someone spends hours trying to find HGE with PI in outbreak status... that's plain stubborness.

Just go to HGE's in Boom systems, they're full of HGE's, each boasting from 6 to 18 G5 materials, take some collector limpets and in a single hour or 2 hopping between boom systems you'll get hundreds of G5s, then trade them for whatever you need.
True, FDev may aswell just remove all G5 materials from HGEs except for Core Dynamic Composites and Imperial Shielding and have us use the material trader.

Just fly around doing mindless tasks for 2 hours in order to trade for maybe 30 of a mat the game gives you no way to find directly, but also demands you find for certain things, what's not to love?!?

Frontier could add a new item where you hold must hold down a button and stare at a blank screen for 3 hours in order to earn it and there'd be people on the forum telling everyone how they're wrong for not having fun with it. King Arthur's recruitment skills are pathetic in light of FD's.

"Just cut a weighted cube in your garage that fits your keyboard to hold the button down for you and go do something else, how hard can it be? It's fun if you stop making it a grind, jeez!"

Just fly around doing mindless tasks for 2 hours in order to trade for maybe 30 of a mat the game gives you no way to find directly, but also demands you find for certain things, what's not to love?!?

2 hours to get hundreds of G5's. How many Pis do you really need at a time?

2 hours to get hundreds of G5's. How many Pis do you really need at a time?

Trade those hundreds at a rate of 1:6, mate. 200 turns into 33. If you could actually find certain mats, you could indeed find hundreds, as you claim.

Having stuff that is rarer than other stuff is not exactly new.... In Skyrim there is a lot more tundra cotton than nirnroot. And you can't trade trundra cotton for nirnroot!

Because two equally classified mats are exactly alike in comparison to a low level common plant and a long-running rare and collectible plant. What plant are you smoking?

If you find a HGE with outbreak status, is it too much to ask for the correct material to appear instead of RNG which usually results in Core Dynamic composites? It's RNG on RNG

Trade those hundreds at a rate of 1:6, mate. 200 turns into 33. If you could actually find certain mats, you could indeed find hundreds, as you claim.

Because two equally classified mats are exactly alike in comparison to a low level common plant and a long-running rare and collectible plant. What plant are you smoking?

What do you need 33 of them for ?.

What do you need 33 of them for ?.

Gonna have my family and I exiled to the Siberian wastes to starve to death for having too many mats, Comrade?

Shame on anyone who make criticize of most glorious FD for make game design of mysterious wisdom, all will like grind is good for citizens.

Gonna have my family and I exiled to the Siberian wastes to starve to death for having too many mats, Comrade?

No need, you seem to be effectively punishing yourself already.

Shame on anyone who make criticize of most glorious FD for make game design of mysterious wisdom, all will like grind is good for citizens.

Grind is in the mind.

No need, you seem to be effectively punishing yourself already.

As I've said before, I have no mat issues because I use so few ships. But the issue others complain about is obviously real. I don't have to be effected by a problem to see it is a real problem.

As I've said before, I have no mat issues because I use so few ships. But the issue others complain about is obviously real. I don't have to be effected by a problem to see it is a real problem.

Ah, so you don't need 33 of them at all you are just worried that other people might and if they go about getting them the grindy way might not like it very much.

I'd not worry about that if I were you, grindy people will always gravitate to finding a way to do everything the fun-free way. Then they'll complain about not liking it afterwards.

Its not the game its just pebcak and FDEV can't patch that.

Top Bottom