SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

It's so not an issue, that this has been a persistent thread since last summer. No problem there. Players are clearly not unhappy. Nothing to see!

It's so not an issue, that this has been a persistent thread since last summer. No problem there. Players are clearly not unhappy. Nothing to see!

The grinders will always complain they've been going at it since 2014, its just a side effect of how they approach gaming. Sort this for them and they'll go do something else incredibly repetitively until they've worn all the fun off it.

Sort this for them and they'll go do something else incredibly repetitively until they've worn all the fun off it.

They are asking for a way to avoid having to do incredibly repetitive things to play the game the way the like gaming. But only your way of gaming is real gaming, obviously.

If this was the way you had to gather all G5 mats, it would be one story. But it's not, it's two mats that don't pop up as they should due to PP mechanics being jacked. PI's should spawn in Outbreak systems, as they used to. No one is asking for free/easy mats, they want broken stuff fixed. Fortunately, FD has been fixing bugs recently, so hopefully PP will follow soon. Whiteknighting for game design choices is one thing, whiteknighting for something that everyone knows is a mechanic not working as intended is quite incredible.

They are asking for a way to avoid having to do incredibly repetitive things to play the game the way the like gaming. But only your way of gaming is real gaming, obviously.

People have been repeatedly making alternate suggestions throughout this thread, including me. They are choosing to do it in a way they dislike.

If this was the way you had to gather all G5 mats, it would be one story. But it's not, it's two mats that don't pop up as they should due to PP mechanics being jacked. PI's should spawn in Outbreak systems, as they used to. No one is asking for free/easy mats, they want broken stuff fixed. Fortunately, FD has been fixing bugs recently, so hopefully PP will follow soon. Whiteknighting for game design choices is one thing, whiteknighting for something that everyone knows is a mechanic not working as intended is quite incredible.

Trade for them. I mostly get mine as drops from high level pirates.

In this forum whiteknight just means :

stop.jpg

In this forum whiteknight just means :

Yes, this one forum standouts from the tens of thousands in others in changing the definitions of a specific term to mean something you disagree with. That is the probable conclusion.

In regards to the pic, you are the undeniably the person going out of your way to point out people playing in a way you don't like in a thread revolving entirely around people playing in a way you dislike.

I can't remember the original poster (I copied and pasted the content from the post) but credit to him for it:

A guide was posted to finding G5 mats - and has worked for me so far:

Core Dynamics should appear in a HGE generated by a FED aligned faction with NO State
Similarly, Imperial Shielding appear in a HGE generated by an Imp aligned faction with NO State
Proto Radiolic Alloys and Proto Heat Radiators appear in Boom/Investment HGE
Military SuperCapacitors and Military Grade Alloys appear from War / Civil War State
Improvised Components in Civil Unrest
Pharmaceutical Isolators in Outbreak

But, all this above is valid for ONLY for Independent and Imperial Factions (Alliance too, i think)

I'm quite happy to do missions for mats and trade too, or even blow up those tasty mission spawned annies for my material requirements - I even got 3 PI's from an annie in a Haz Res a few days ago...

To each of us our own way though :)

... drops from high level pirates ...
This.

Get allied, get a delivery mission which will pay you 5 biotech conductors, dawdle in the destination system on the way to the station, submit to interdiction and blow up the pirate, launch collector limpets to collect a cloud of G3s and G4s, with usually one or two pharmaceutical isolators or Core Dynamics'. There can be up to 4 such interdictions per mission (and you can stack the missions). Why are so many determined to overlook this?

This.

Get allied, get a delivery mission which will pay you 5 biotech conductors, dawdle in the destination system on the way to the station, submit to interdiction and blow up the pirate, launch collector limpets to collect a cloud of G3s and G4s, with usually one or two pharmaceutical isolators or Core Dynamics'. There can be up to 4 such interdictions per mission (and you can stack the missions). Why are so many determined to overlook this?

Nice bounties as well.

Haven't tested this, anyone comments on whether this is working as intended?

This stopped working last summer. It would be nice if it were fixed.

If PP was working correctly, these threads would have vanished last year.
All were working correctly in the last few weeks... Sorry :)
(Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted time posting, would I?)

I read the OP several times. I'm pretty sure the OP is saying collecting mats is just too hard. He specifically asks for a nerf (in caps).

Intentional misinterpretation is a key rhetorical strategy of sycophants and sock-puppets.

What is being discussed here is the imbalance of USS drops which make particular collections exceedingly difficult. This is implicitly acknowledged by said sychophants and sock-puppets when asserting material traders solves the problem.

Nope. That is not what the Original Post says. Nowhere does the OP talk about imbalance of USS drops. Later discussion might but this is what the OP says:

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind.....

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s?

This is from your post, not from the OP at all.
The balance of USS materials is atrocious

Ahh, I think you are confusing your own statements with the OP's. It is your posts that first introduce the discussion of imbalance.

The Original Post is clearly talking about undesirable grind and asking for NERF. Nothing about imbalance of drops etc.

Edit: I just carefully read the first 6 pages of this thread. The Original Poster never discuses material drop imbalances. Only stuff about how grinding for mats sucks. I can only find posts from you on the imbalance topic. It appears it is you that have taken an interpretation of choice and run with it. Sorry, I can't be bothered with reading the rest of the thread.

Not saying you are right or wrong about balance of the drops, but you are adding stuff to the OP that isn't originally there. And then criticizing posts for addressing the actual OP. I realize discussion threads can move on from the OP, but my post and several others clearly and directly reference the OP with no ambiguity or interpretation required.

Last edited:
This.
Why are so many determined to overlook this?

coz the first time I tried they had an SLF bugging me all through the fight and then when they were at 3% hull I blew up....didn't get chance to ask them if they got the mats they needed unfortunately....still trying

Haven't tested this, anyone comments on whether this is working as intended?

This stopped working last summer. It would be nice if it were fixed.

If PP was working correctly, these threads would have vanished last year.

MGAs & MSCs Ive had both in last 24 hrs from Civil War HGE. Still haven't seen a PI in the wild though....not enough Condas killed yet still hoping that will work Have given up and used the trader but just feels dirty scrabbling round for 6-1 instead of just finding them through other activities like everything else.

Yes, this one forum standouts from the tens of thousands in others in changing the definitions of a specific term to mean something you disagree with. That is the probable conclusion.

Reading tens of thousands of forums sounds a bit grindy to me.

In regards to the pic, you are the undeniably the person going out of your way to point out people playing in a way you don't like in a thread revolving entirely around people playing in a way you dislike.

I don't dislike grind as I don't do it. I don't even dislike people moaning about the trivial problems they've chosen to inflict on themselves, I find it funny since video games are fun.

As for the pic as soon as you start calling people whiteknights you might as well post "I want to disagree but cannot articulate a good reason why".

This is from your post, not from the OP at all.

Ahh, I think you are confusing your own statements with the OP's. It is your posts that first introduce the discussion of imbalance.

The Original Post is clearly talking about undesirable grind and asking for NERF. Nothing about imbalance of drops etc.

Edit: I just carefully read the first 6 pages of this thread. The Original Poster never discuses material drop imbalances. Only stuff about how grinding for mats sucks. I can only find posts from you on the imbalance topic. It appears it is you that have taken an interpretation of choice and run with it. Sorry, I can't be bothered with reading the rest of the thread.

Not saying you are right or wrong about balance of the drops, but you are adding stuff to the OP that isn't originally there. And then criticizing posts for addressing the actual OP. I realize discussion threads can move on from the OP, but my post and several others clearly and directly reference the OP with no ambiguity or interpretation required.

This is an irrelevant point. Discussions on these matters have direct and indirect elements that are relevant to the subject at hand.

Top Bottom