SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

And yet another thread has dissolved into someone spouting a superior attitude and waving around 'big' concepts and words, only to have the superiority pointed out as false. Another thread where the OP was about one thing, which got answered, whereupon forum zombies rose from the dead to whine and name call..

Why? Why? Why, Delilah?

And yet another thread has dissolved into someone spouting a superior attitude and waving around 'big' concepts and words, only to have the superiority pointed out as false. Another thread where the OP was about one thing, which got answered, whereupon forum zombies rose from the dead to whine and name call..

Why? Why? Why, Delilah?

Misery loves company.

True, FDev may aswell just remove all G5 materials from HGEs except for Core Dynamic Composites and Imperial Shielding and have us use the material trader.

Hang on, isn't that already status quo?

Having stuff that is rarer than other stuff is not exactly new.... In Skyrim there is a lot more tundra cotton than nirnroot. And you can't trade trundra cotton for nirnroot!

Yes you can! With one extra step called money. Exchange rate is probably similarly bad as in Elite.

Hey FDev! Wake Up! Listen to the music! While I can't speak for everyone (as I'm sure some wit will point out) many pilots I've talked with are tired of searching for these Grade 5 Manufactured Mats. First, finding a system in Outbreak is difficult, then once you find one, the chance of finding a HGE from the Faction in Outbreak is nigh impossible!!!

Are you TRYING to get rid of pilots? Tired of all these people finding bugs and other boring things that cause you to actually work? Hey, no customers? No Bugs!

Some may say pouring salt here is not advantageous. However this has been a problem since the HGE NERF. Just ask Down To Earth Astronomy.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

Is this really the kind of GRIND you want us to go through? REALLY? I can only assume you want your player count to drop because otherwise you would fix this. But NOOOOOOOO!

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind. I'm sure you underpay someone to monitor these forums, and they have to tippy-toe around making unpopular suggestions like "Hey, people are leaving the game because we aren't providing access to the mats they need" (How dare you make a suggestion! YOU'RE FIRED!)

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s? At least the ones that are near impossible to find. (you can do that ya know... via programming) OR add more Mil SuperCaps and Pharm Isolators to each HGE. Maybe 10 (Times 3 = 30 each HGE) white squares per HGE? SOMETHING!

Back to the search... this will take days and days to complete. Yay.

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

giphy.gif

Making arbitrary claims about what is relevant to the OP is a 'nope'.

Making false claims about what the OP is saying is the 'nope'.

If you want to create your own thread with your own topic go ahead. In this thread the OP is quite clear what the topic is.

Your sidetracking topic isn't bad or unworthy of discussion, just not on topic to this thread. Don't expect everybody to drop discussion of an OP in favor of your own topic. Post your own thread.

Edit - Clarification - Two different topics:
OP Topic - grinding for engineering mats sucks and a nerf should be put in place.
Delilah Topic - G5 mats drop rate is unbalanced

Last edited:
I would like to know in which haz res is this and which ship that give this? does the rank of the ship matters?
Anywhere where you find Anacondas, T10s have a chance of dropping G5s (except Biotech Conductors). I'm not sure the rank matters. You are pretty much guaranteed 3 condas every time the pirate attack scenario occurs at an installation.

Having stuff that is rarer than other stuff is not exactly new.... In Skyrim there is a lot more tundra cotton than nirnroot. And you can't trade trundra cotton for nirnroot!
After a while you'll even figure out good places to look for "tundra" cotton. But it's a moot comparison. ED generates procedurally, Skyrim is hand-designed, which makes the whole experience more consistent.

Making false claims about what the OP is saying is the 'nope'.

If you want to create your own thread with your own topic go ahead. In this thread the OP is quite clear what the topic is.

Your sidetracking topic isn't bad or unworthy of discussion, just not on topic to this thread. Don't expect everybody to drop discussion of an OP in favor of your own topic. Post your own thread.

Edit - Clarification - Two different topics:
OP Topic - grinding for engineering mats sucks and a nerf should be put in place.
Delilah Topic - G5 mats drop rate is unbalanced

A good example of cognitive inflexibility.

That an imbalance of G5 mat drop rates may be a reason for the OPs frustration, and a rebalancing of those drop rates are one solution should be obvious.

Given Frontier's ongoing work to get engineers and materials right, it is a reasonable subject to discuss in light of the OPs concerns. Note too that some will see a rebalancing as a nerf.

The subject certainly made sense to the OP and others who found it relevant and on-point.

a rebalancing of those drop rates are one solution should be obvious.

Presenting an alternate solution to the OP sure it makes sense in the thread, no issue there. But it does not supersede the OP.

Criticizing posts for referencing the OP instead of your own side-topic is silly. Which is directly what you have done. And also confusing your ideas with the what was in the OP.

Example:
What is being discussed here is the imbalance of USS drops which make particular collections exceedingly difficult.

I recommend you make your own thread, it is worthy of its own discussion.

Last edited:
You are free to split hairs. I won't be joining you.
I've been following in your comments throughout this thread and I am seriously impressed by your ability to make snarky remarks, pick on people for a particular choice of wording and even throw insults, all without actually saying anything meaningful or carrying the conversation forward.

To the topic at hand, I hate grinding as much as any other guy. I understand and appreciate hard work for high rewards, but menial and repetitive tasks is not the way to do it. Having said all that, I think we are missing the point. Yes, engineering takes some effort and is pretty high end, so I assume it's time consuming by design. But I don't believe that is the end goal, it's just not that kind of game.

Frankly I don't understand the complaining at all. There's this 'end game' content and it's very grindy. It's entirely your choice if you do it or not and you know the 'costs' before you start. So...?

Top Bottom