SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

I've been following in your comments throughout this thread and I am seriously impressed by your ability to make snarky remarks, pick on people for a particular choice of wording and even throw insults, all without actually saying anything meaningful or carrying the conversation forward.

To the topic at hand, I hate grinding as much as any other guy. I understand and appreciate hard work for high rewards, but menial and repetitive tasks is not the way to do it. Having said all that, I think we are missing the point. Yes, engineering takes some effort and is pretty high end, so I assume it's time consuming by design. But I don't believe that is the end goal, it's just not that kind of game.

Frankly I don't understand the complaining at all. There's this 'end game' content and it's very grindy. It's entirely your choice if you do it or not and you know the 'costs' before you start. So...?
For me it's just feeling pushed to do it (poopineering) in order to overcome overly buff NPC that spawn randomly on me and in CZs. I never asked for that.

Yes, the BGS changes messed up outbreak/PI, and there are things that could use fixes or improvement, but the absolute ease of maxing out other materials for trading works as a great work around/insurance policy against circumstances that make specific materials difficult to reliably acquire on demand.

In a little over 2.5k hours of (unfocused) game play I've done 4k G5 rolls over ~50 ships, probably half of which are max engineered. That isn't even 1 single G5 material an hour, which virtually any aspect of gameplay outside of deep exploration will easily provide. I totally get, when one is first getting into engineering, of wanting it all now, but from my own experiences I can say without doubt if one is willing to take it as it comes (and trade stuff you don't need for stuff you do), engineering can be a great, grind-free addition to your game play.

The first ship I engineered was a Python (before engineering changes), and I spent hours hunting HGE's and grinding (would have been way easier now). I made a decision that I would not do that again. Instead, I just played the game and gathered mats when they were available/convenient until I had an abundance and could go do some engineering on a whim with little to no focused material hunting required. Ever since, it has been a breeze.

Of course you're not missing my point. Except you are.
I'm not missing your point, your point is missing me!

iu

Yes, the BGS changes messed up outbreak/PI...
Yes. A state of affairs presuppositional to the OP's concerns and something Frontier should address. There is no shame in admitting that the OP has a valid point, even while sharing other means of gaining G5 mats.
Wrong.

Outbreak functions and occurs exactly the same as it did pre-3.3, and it's frequency is no less or more. Famine is what changed, as this used to function the same as Outbreak but is now instead a state on the economic slider.

Outbreak and Famine used to function the same way, that is:
  • Certain actions cause famine or outbreak directly, (e.g skimmer missions caused famine for the target, while outbreak is caused by missions to deliver biowaste); and
  • Both had a regular "uptick" occurring behind the scenes to ensure they'd happen as a matter of course across the galaxy. This effect could be countered with a small amount of player effort.

Now, Famine is an economic state, and is reliant on activities which would previously have caused Economic Bust, and must transition through economic states to occur, while Outbreak continues to function as it used to.

When saying the BGS changes messed up outbreak/PI, I meant in the sense you used to be able to filter by outbreak, fly to a system, and have a decent chance of finding PIs. This has not been the case since the BGS changes. I did not understand it in detail as you explained though, and I do appreciate the explanation.

Wrong.

Outbreak functions and occurs exactly the same as it did pre-3.3, and it's frequency is no less or more. Famine is what changed, as this used to function the same as Outbreak but is now instead a state on the economic slider.

Outbreak and Famine used to function the same way, that is:
  • Certain actions cause famine or outbreak directly, (e.g skimmer missions caused famine for the target, while outbreak is caused by missions to deliver biowaste); and
  • Both had a regular "uptick" occurring behind the scenes to ensure they'd happen as a matter of course across the galaxy. This effect could be countered with a small amount of player effort.

Now, Famine is an economic state, and is reliant on activities which would previously have caused Economic Bust, and must transition through economic states to occur, while Outbreak continues to function as it used to.

So... Vedmo is not wrong, but did not go into the detail you did. 🙄

When saying the BGS changes messed up outbreak/PI, I meant in the sense you used to be able to filter by outbreak, fly to a system, and have a decent chance of finding PIs. This has not been the case since the BGS changes. I did not understand it in detail as you explained though, and I do appreciate the explanation.
What changes are you talking about? This is still the case...

• You can filter by outbreak
  • You can fly to that system
  • You can enter relevant USS/State-based POI and get PIs

What changes are you talking about? This is still the case...

• You can filter by outbreak
  • You can fly to that system
  • You can enter relevant USS/State-based POI and get PIs

I have been assuming the multiple states in a system change is what made them (seemingly) way less likely to pop, but in all honesty I have not hunted specific HGE drops in quite some time and am mostly assuming they are difficult to acquire now due to forum complaints.

I have been assuming the multiple states in a system change is what made them (seemingly) way less likely to pop, but in all honesty I have not hunted specific HGE drops in quite some time and am mostly assuming they are difficult to acquire now due to forum complaints.
That could be a thing, but since they're specifically marked, the time-to-decision is quick. But likewise, i don't specifically hunt them, owing to the fact I've never had any issue getting PIs as mission rewards or as salvage from pirates.

That is exactly what is the case. This makes it harder to obtain them. I've done a lot of HGE farming. I shared my experience with it. I think the complaint is a valid one. There are ways to work around it by down trading other common G5 materials or only running a list of the systems that have the most odds of dropping the mats you want. It's saddening that every time someone makes a valid complaint they get pretty much scoffed at by those that don't like farming HGE's and obviously have no clue how much things have changed regarding material drops in HGE's.

Last edited:
Hey FDev! Wake Up! Listen to the music! While I can't speak for everyone (as I'm sure some wit will point out) many pilots I've talked with are tired of searching for these Grade 5 Manufactured Mats. First, finding a system in Outbreak is difficult, then once you find one, the chance of finding a HGE from the Faction in Outbreak is nigh impossible!!!

Are you TRYING to get rid of pilots? Tired of all these people finding bugs and other boring things that cause you to actually work? Hey, no customers? No Bugs!

Some may say pouring salt here is not advantageous. However this has been a problem since the HGE NERF. Just ask Down To Earth Astronomy.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

Is this really the kind of GRIND you want us to go through? REALLY? I can only assume you want your player count to drop because otherwise you would fix this. But NOOOOOOOO!

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind. I'm sure you underpay someone to monitor these forums, and they have to tippy-toe around making unpopular suggestions like "Hey, people are leaving the game because we aren't providing access to the mats they need" (How dare you make a suggestion! YOU'RE FIRED!)

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s? At least the ones that are near impossible to find. (you can do that ya know... via programming) OR add more Mil SuperCaps and Pharm Isolators to each HGE. Maybe 10 (Times 3 = 30 each HGE) white squares per HGE? SOMETHING!

Back to the search... this will take days and days to complete. Yay.

Ignore those who say “Material Trader”, while they can be handy they have always been a cheesy fix for broken mechanics!
In an items description it points to where you can get materials, but in reality it’s like being told you will find grass in the desert!
The in game descriptions should be changed to “find any old crap and trade it” or “use google to find a well known farm spot and trade it”. I admit the original ways of collecting mats could be frustrating but when you finally got MEF to drop from scanning a bases data beacons, it actually felt rewarding.

I've been following in your comments throughout this thread and I am seriously impressed by your ability to make snarky remarks, pick on people for a particular choice of wording and even throw insults, all without actually saying anything meaningful or carrying the conversation forward.
[...]

That describes 97.2% of comments on this forum. 😅

Top Bottom