So..uhh, Developer Update Stream this month??

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
With 5 days left of this month and a developer update (seperate from an update announcement) promised. Has the timetable slipped again? Totally understand if it has.. would rather a playable, working game than empty promises and superflous streams. But you did promise a monthly update stream that would keep us abreast of progress. If that has been changed in the timetable, don't you think as part of your improved communication we should have been told by now?

With 5 days left of this month and a developer update (seperate from an update announcement) promised. Has the timetable slipped again? Totally understand if it has.. would rather a playable, working game than empty promises and superflous streams. But you did promise a monthly update stream that would keep us abreast of progress. If that has been changed in the timetable, don't you think as part of your improved communication we should have been told by now?
It will be in the form of a monthly post here on the forums.

We will continue to give open monthly development updates where we discuss WIP content, challenges, the issue tracker and more. We know that the previous levels of detail for the roadmap and developer update have not met expectations
They recognise the last update post wasn't sufficient, I hope we get more this time but I'm more interested in if it's coming at all!

Hard to believe it's only 5 days left in this month. Feels like it was forever waiting for some up to date news on the progress. Excitment is runing high, and expectations are even higher. All or nothing!

Tbh I care very little for a talking head video on what they have or have not managed, It's been almost 4 weeks since patch 5 and i would like to see some progress. Patch 6 needs to drop soon, which is most likely gonna be the only thing they will talk about in any stream anyway.

We were told to judge them on there actions and not just on what they say, so any stream that happens is pointless unless it's accompanied by Patch 6. We know what they need to fix as we play the game and see the issues every time.

I don't wanna hear what's been fixed, I wanna see it by playing the game. The only reason I will watch the Dev stream is if there is a dialog that openly talks about what new features are being added.

They don't have to leave it to the last minute! but if that's the status quo they should at least know by now if it's being worked on or not. If it's slipped already now is the time to tell us in the spirit of 'open and honest' communication y'know!

We were told to judge them on there actions and not just on what they say, so any stream that happens is pointless unless it's accompanied by Patch 6. We know what they need to fix as we play the game and see the issues every time.

I don't wanna hear what's been fixed, I wanna see it by playing the game. The only reason I will watch the Dev stream is if there is a dialog that openly talks about what new features are being added.
This is a good point too and I don't want to take away from that outlook. But they have made a promise and a commitment to better communication and seeing as Braben in his 3RD apology admitted the last update wasn't up to scratch there's a duty there to make this one better or else his post gets revealed as being even more hollow.

They don't have to leave it to the last minute! but if that's the status quo they should at least know by now if it's being worked on or not. If it's slipped already now is the time to tell us in the spirit of 'open and honest' communication y'know!

They can though, best to just be patient. Looking forward to seeing what they have to say, looking forward to finding out what's going on & what's likely to happen in the near future and further down the line.

d2bc320cb76eac28a4e2b1c11d3ff746.jpg

Hard to believe it's only 5 days left in this month. Feels like it was forever waiting for some up to date news on the progress. Excitment is runing high, and expectations are even higher. All or nothing!
I see my advice about expectations earlier fell on deaf ears. Oh well, just make sure you remember when posting about your crushing sense of disappointment later this week that Frontier didn't create these high expectations - you did.

Edit:

No spoilers please .. i want to have suprised picachu face as i read it.
Yeah well it seems that is certainly likely.

Yeah but as per Braben's post, these monthly updates were meant to keep us in the loop about what's coming, why things are slow, what issues we can hope to have fixed soon etc. So far, noooooothing. It's been media black out and the CM's are clearly gagged too.
If the monthly update doesn't come this week, then you may have a point. But as we don't know yet, it seems a bit far fetched to call it a media blackout. They know what the issues are, we have been told they are working in them. Helpfully this week we will get an update in when update 6 will drop and what's in it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom