So what are your favorite deep space explorer ships?

The Krait Phantom I'm currently flying is nice but I think I preferred my Clipper and I'll always have a soft spot for the Mk III

I've been flying the AspX a little bit on my alt account, and it makes me really miss that ship. I was never thrilled with it from a style perspective, but I love that cockpit view, and it handles nicely in supercruise.

On my main account, I haven't used it as my main exploration ship in quite some time. Since then I've mainly used Kraits (MkII, Phantom), Python, Type-6 Type-7, Type-9, Imperial Courier, Imperial Clipper, Orca, and Beluga (not in that order). I briefly toyed with a few others too. I loved them all for completely different reasons. But it doesn't take me long to find nit-picky problems with all of them too. ;)

My exploration builds are here: https://orvidius.com/ships/

And I have sample exploration templates for all ships here: https://edastro.com/exploration/#shiplist

I've been in the Krait Phantom for quite some time now and it's a great ship, but honestly I miss my Asp Explorer. Sure the Phantom can jump a bit farther, but I miss the view out the window of the AspX. I'll be switching back to the AspX the next time I'm in the bubble.

Ideally I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE a T7 which could jump like an Anaconda. I'd pay billions of credits for just such a ship, and I'd grind the credits any way imaginable just to own it.

Loved my old Asp, except that darn Piper Cub engine nose. That said I've been flying the Krait MkII and it is a dream machine. The Phantom is nice, but my MkII is a great ride into the black. Your mileage may vary depending on your playstyle but she is tough, fast, maneuverable. One little plus for me are those two windows near my feet.

Always cool to see so much variety! I wish I had VR I think the aspx would be even better :) The krait's view isnt the best, but it is a lot of fun for combat with the lasers hanging down right beside you!

I think my lack of VR is the main reason why I don't really mind the cramped cockpit view of Anaconda like many people seem to. If there's something to see outside, I look from the external cam, otherwise it's mainly stars and instrument flight after all.

Started with Cobra mk III, switched to Asp Explorer and that's it.
Oh, used Anaconda when I needed the exta LY for a few places.
But AspX it is. Might try one or both versions of Krait at some point.

after making some miles with an Adder (42 LJ Jumprange) via the Perseus Reach Expedition and travelling to my home at Colonia after a while I love my ASP X even more than my Phantom.

The ASP needs less fuel than the Phantom by the way. Good to know, when travelling thru "fuelless" star systems for a while.

Top Bottom