So what's in the QoL update2?

Just grind more ;)
The only way to grind more would be during my commute and working hours. While the first option is still doable, it would add only 1 hour more to the grind, and regarding the second option I don't believe that my employer would appreciate my dedication. #nolife #nonotebook
I have already tried the girlfriend option, but she responds badly to blackmails and prefers to play Neverwinter.

The only other option I can think of is making more kids, but ROI is pretty bad.

Because of all that, adding support for ship builds has my vote.

As mentioned previously, the modules list needs to have better sorting features. For example, The modules at my current station sort to the top (like it does now) but be sorted on Hard points, Core, Optional, and Utility. The other half obviously for modules scattered about the galaxy should be sorted the same way including possibly sort on location. Or give us options to sort on value, or alphabetical. I know that can be done since the Commodities list is fairly well sorted out and has been from the beginning afaik.

... and I agree with lots of other things here. GL HF and I hope we get some good QoL additions.

I'd like to have sections for the friends list, or notes you can add to a particular friend. I have tonnes of people in there I just do not remember the reason for adding them, but I only add people for a reason...

Also, bookmark tabs.

Also, let use use the FSS without zeroing the throttle so it can be used in multicrew!!!

Hula Girl Bobbleheads! Hula Girl Bobbleheads! Hula Girl Bobbleheads!

The last proposal for Powerplay is all maths based- its about six formula tweaks, a few altered menus (plus the bombshell Open Only / weighted merits part...which might get left out / done some other time / push the button and dewit). Its an ideal fit with no extra assets required. Its been over three years since something substantial was updated in it, its way overdue (it was introduced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back in 1.3.
It does seem like one of those ideas that got started on but because they took on so much they've never got round to finishing it. When you've got people like me who just play for module shopping every 4 weeks you know there's a problem. If there some tweaks that will make a difference, hopefully they'll look at this.

I'd like to see open only if just to see how all the 1000% fortification systems get on when the underminers can find people.

Anyone mention bookmarks yet? A better way to manage bookmarks would be grand.

Bookmarkable Planetary co-ordinates would be nice too.

Better mission system.

Please, do one step more and implement highlighting of any targeted item in the first panel the same way it is done for mission targets. It is a really convenient visual clue and much more useful and handy than that small orange cone. This should be easy to implement, so this is my main proposal for the next patch :)

As for the rest, just some items from the endless list of wishes: :)

First and foremost - bug fixes. This should be the first priority item over all QoL changes.

Starport
  • Modules sorting in the storage - by size, by price, by type, etc.
  • Ability to save and quick change ship configurations.
  • Ability to swap modules between ships in storage directly
  • External commodity storage.
  • Ability to store a ship with cargo (but no ability to send it to another station, obviously)
  • Ability to send ships and modules to any visited starport from your current location or even to order such transfer from any location.

Galmap
  • Bookmarks. More of them, sorting, folders, coloring.
  • Manual route plotting. Save\load of plotted routes.

General
  • Friend list and communications on the main screen as it was before, not buried in submenu.
  • Indication of which exactly private group is used by your friend (and you) instead of generic "Private group".

Flight
  • Bindings to switch on\off docking computer and supercruise assist, binding for docking request.
  • Always display exclusion zones while orbit lines mode switched on. As for now, they are disappear when speed is reduced or even just because, as in the case of white dwarves and neutron stars.

FSS
  • Reduce the time of showing useless information messages like "Zoom failed" in FSS. There is no reason to keep them for that long, blocking useful information. They do not need to be this huge, btw, a small red text is enough.
  • Stop spamming each end every asteroid belt cluster found. At least they should not be displayed over current scan information.
  • Inverse the sorting order in mineral composition of the planet, rare elements should be on the first page. Stop resetting this list to the first page after location scan. Or provide controls for this list for switching pages and stop autorotate it, keeping user selected page.
  • Move distance info from the left bottom corner to the object information window in the upper right. Or show it in both places.

to be continued... :)

What else could be done for New Commanders? They've got auto pilots and their own private playground. Maybe a new set of Starter Missions to help guide them through the various play styles you can have?

If the Starter Missions are available from the cockpit, I'd love CQC to be available from the cockpit. Imagine looking for a CQC Match while flying you're proper ship and then when a match starts, you can park your ship and jump into the CQC.

Otherwise, could we please have a decision on the Powerplay Open Only Debate.

I can't easily buy 3 G5 Dirty Drives.
Whilst I do not disagree [those damned Pharma-Isolators are increasingly hard to come by], for me it is all about flying a space ship and things to do in the game [grinding, if you prefer] is just a way to get out there in the black :)

What about placing all "consumable" modules info at the left side of HUD above of heat sinks and chaffs? I mean shield cell banks (number of banks left and recharge progress) and SLFs.
And improve bookmarks, of course =)

Top Bottom