So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

Quick question people, I wonder if anyone could be so kind as to tell me the planet and co-ordinates of the area that breaks the game in the Formidine Rift please? I'm out in the system now, around planet D1, and I'd like to do some investigating.

Quick question people, I wonder if anyone could be so kind as to tell me the planet and co-ordinates of the area that breaks the game in the Formidine Rift please? I'm out in the system now, around planet D1, and I'd like to do some investigating.
I was crashing at around:

when travelling on an approx 180 degree bearing. Good luck!

I found 'PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2' in the galaxy map. That fits rather well.

Ninjaed by MrMarcusCZ. :D

Last edited:
I wonder whether 'The Hamsters' is a clue. EM-Transmission is used by Amateur Radio enthusiasts. The nickname for which is Ham Radio hence The Hamsters.

So perhaps the coding is something to do with that.

01 07 08 * 16 18 21 * 01 05 19 03 19 * 08 23 - 19 * 02 03 01 - 02 * 03 04 * 01 * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23
A G H * P R U * A E S C S * H W - S * B C A - B * C D * A * 8 0 Y S * G Q U W

Do you remember PRU AESCS DL-W C15-37 (CONFLUX)?
Good idea to use octal!
Perhaps this should be read as
AGH PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2 CD 1 followed by planetary co-ordinates? I'm not sure what the AGH (or 178?) refers to, though.

01 07 08 * 16 18 21 * 01 05 19 03 19 * 08 23 - 19 * 02 03 01 - 02 * 03 04 * 01 * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23
A G H * P R U * A E S C S * H W - S * B C A - B * C D * A * 8 0 Y S * G Q U W

Do you remember PRU AESCS DL-W C15-37 (CONFLUX)?
I think the last part, * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23 is planet coordinates. 35°.27.19 S(as in South = minus) and 07°.17.21W (as West = plus). I might have mixed the directions on east/west. :p

Summary - this was decoded from beacon in CONFLUX:
DYNASTY EXPEDITION BEACON
DNSTYS6ERP002 RALLY POINT CD 1
CONFLUX PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2 MODE STANDBY

And this is what we decoded from today message:
A/01 G/07 H/08 P R U A E S C S H W - S B 3 1 - 2 * C D * 1 * 8/35 0/27 Y/25 S/19 * G/07 Q/17 U/21 W/23

So I recognised the pattern in the code, after CMDR Redden Alt Mer converted it to alphabetical, as the place where I found a Conflux beacon at the start of the CG.

We're currently assuming the coordinates hidden in the code are [-7,1721 ; -35,2725]

Myself and 2 other Canonn members have actually been at this location shortly after finding the beacon (surface texture looked suspicious so I was checking it out)

THIS EXACT LOCATION GIVES A CRASH TO DESKTOP
PLEASE FDEV IF WE NEED TO FIND SOMETHING HERE, FIX THAT BUG

Last edited:
So I recognised the pattern in the code, after CMDR Redden Alt Mer converted it to alphabetical, as the place where I found a Conflux beacon at the start of the CG.

We're currently assuming the coordinates hidden in the code are [-7,1721 ; -35,2725]

Myself and 2 other Canonn members have actually been at this location shortly after finding the beacon (surface texture looked suspicious so I was checking it out)

DOH! That's both of them.

OH dear....

I went to that planet when we have found the probes 2 weeks ago, and i crashed. At the time i tought it was a general CTD and didn't try to reproduce.

Yeah I've filed a bug report, hopefully someone at FDev sees it Soon™ :p

Would be great if we had confirmation that these CTD locations actually contain something we should be finding and that they're aware of the issue and working on a solution :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom