So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

Quick question people, I wonder if anyone could be so kind as to tell me the planet and co-ordinates of the area that breaks the game in the Formidine Rift please? I'm out in the system now, around planet D1, and I'd like to do some investigating.

I was crashing at around:

when travelling on an approx 180 degree bearing. Good luck!

I found 'PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2' in the galaxy map. That fits rather well.

Ninjaed by MrMarcusCZ. :D

Last edited:
I wonder whether 'The Hamsters' is a clue. EM-Transmission is used by Amateur Radio enthusiasts. The nickname for which is Ham Radio hence The Hamsters.

So perhaps the coding is something to do with that.

01 07 08 * 16 18 21 * 01 05 19 03 19 * 08 23 - 19 * 02 03 01 - 02 * 03 04 * 01 * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23
A G H * P R U * A E S C S * H W - S * B C A - B * C D * A * 8 0 Y S * G Q U W

Do you remember PRU AESCS DL-W C15-37 (CONFLUX)?
Good idea to use octal!
Perhaps this should be read as
AGH PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2 CD 1 followed by planetary co-ordinates? I'm not sure what the AGH (or 178?) refers to, though.

01 07 08 * 16 18 21 * 01 05 19 03 19 * 08 23 - 19 * 02 03 01 - 02 * 03 04 * 01 * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23
A G H * P R U * A E S C S * H W - S * B C A - B * C D * A * 8 0 Y S * G Q U W

Do you remember PRU AESCS DL-W C15-37 (CONFLUX)?

I think the last part, * 35 27 25 19 * 07 17 21 23 is planet coordinates. 35°.27.19 S(as in South = minus) and 07°.17.21W (as West = plus). I might have mixed the directions on east/west. :p

Summary - this was decoded from beacon in CONFLUX:
DYNASTY EXPEDITION BEACON
DNSTYS6ERP002 RALLY POINT CD 1
CONFLUX PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2 MODE STANDBY

And this is what we decoded from today message:
A/01 G/07 H/08 P R U A E S C S H W - S B 3 1 - 2 * C D * 1 * 8/35 0/27 Y/25 S/19 * G/07 Q/17 U/21 W/23

So I recognised the pattern in the code, after CMDR Redden Alt Mer converted it to alphabetical, as the place where I found a Conflux beacon at the start of the CG.

We're currently assuming the coordinates hidden in the code are [-7,1721 ; -35,2725]

Myself and 2 other Canonn members have actually been at this location shortly after finding the beacon (surface texture looked suspicious so I was checking it out)

THIS EXACT LOCATION GIVES A CRASH TO DESKTOP
PLEASE FDEV IF WE NEED TO FIND SOMETHING HERE, FIX THAT BUG

Last edited:
So I recognised the pattern in the code, after CMDR Redden Alt Mer converted it to alphabetical, as the place where I found a Conflux beacon at the start of the CG.

We're currently assuming the coordinates hidden in the code are [-7,1721 ; -35,2725]

Myself and 2 other Canonn members have actually been at this location shortly after finding the beacon (surface texture looked suspicious so I was checking it out)

DOH! That's both of them.

OH dear....

I went to that planet when we have found the probes 2 weeks ago, and i crashed. At the time i tought it was a general CTD and didn't try to reproduce.

Yeah I've filed a bug report, hopefully someone at FDev sees it Soon™ :p

Would be great if we had confirmation that these CTD locations actually contain something we should be finding and that they're aware of the issue and working on a solution :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sigh....

Top Bottom