Engineers So you've run out of inventory space...

Updated for 2.3

N.B. This is based on the data that we have so far about engineers. I'll try to keep it up-to-date as the data for more engineers becomes available. If you see any erroneous information here please let me know. E&OE.

You will sooner or later reach the point where you need to discard some of your inventory. The question is: what do you throw out? Here is some information that might help you make your decisions.

Materials

These are the materials that have no known use by engineers:

• Basic Conductors
  • Chemical Storage Units
  • Compact Composites
  • Crystal Shards
  • Heat Resistant Ceramics
  • Tempered Alloys

Materials with limited uses are:

• Antimony - only required for Heavy Duty Shield Booster grade 5
  • Biotech Conductors - only required for Short Range and Long Range Weapon grade 5
  • Chemical Distillery - only required for Charge Enhanced Power Distributor grade 3 and FSD Long Range grade 4
  • Improvised Components - only required for Reinforced Shield Generator grade 5
  • Pharmaceutical Isolators - only required for Dirty Drive Tuning grade 5
  • Zirconium - only required for Explosive Hull Reinforcement grade 3 and Overcharged Weapon grade 5

Unknown Fragments are required to meet Professor Palin, but not in any known blueprints.

Data

The data that have no known use are:

• Peculiar Shield Frequency Data
  • Unidentified Scan Archives

Data with limited uses are:

• Anomalous FSD Telemetry - only required for FSD Interdictor Long Range grade 3
  • Datamined Wake Exceptions - only required for FSD Long Range grade 5
  • Eccentric Hyperspace Trajectories - only required for FSD Long Range grade 4
  • Exceptional Scrambled Emission Data - only required for Efficient Weapon grade 3
  • Modified Embedded Firmware - only required for Double Shot Weapon grade 5 and Overcharged Weapon grade 5
  • Security Firmware Patch - only required for Double Shot Weapon grade 4
  • Strange Wake Solutions - only required for FSD Interdictor Expanded Arc grade 4 and FSD Long Range grade 3
  • Tagged Encryption Codes - only required for FSD Interdictor Long Range grade 2 and Expanded Arc grade 3
  • Unusual Encrypted Files - only required for FSD Interdictor Long Range grade 1 and Expanded Arc grade 2

Last edited:
Awesome thread, thanks so much for sharing. Bookmarked and +rep!

I still wish we had station storage though.... even if it's just at a specific station that we choose like ship storage...it sure would help!

Good man this is exactly the sort of list we need, seeing what everything is used for is useful, but seeing what has no use is awesome too! Can clear out a chunk of space :)

Yeah knowing what you want to mod and what materials you should just dump helps with inventory management quite a bit. If you look at the sticky that lists the uses of every material you will be able to decide if you want that potential inventory clogging stuff or not.

But.... do you have access to all the engeneers? What if you are throwing away stuff you just dont have acces to the mods for YET.

No, the information is for the engineers we know of to date (as per the first sentence of the OP). As we obtain the data for the rest of the engineers I'll try to keep this up to date.

No, the information is for the engineers we know of to date (as per the first sentence of the OP). As we obtain the data for the rest of the engineers I'll try to keep this up to date.

Yes, and we need the material space for the known engineers now. Thanks for doing this. It'll save me from pulling out my hair. My wife thanks you. :)

Top Bottom