Software used to create the rides

Hi, does anyone know what software is used to make the rides on Planet Coaster e.g. 3ds max, etc, just wondering if anyone knows because I do computer game design and for my project I am creating a fair ride, probably the Superbowl ride.

Hi, does anyone know what software is used to make the rides on Planet Coaster e.g. 3ds max, etc, just wondering if anyone knows because I do computer game design and for my project I am creating a fair ride, probably the Superbowl ride.
Either that or Maya. I would have though. I think Maya was mentioned in one of the live streams, but not actually sure what the actually create in it. I find Maya's modifiers are not as intuitive as 3ds Max's. But rigging and animation are far superior/easier than Max. You can pretty much achieve the same results with Maya or 3ds Max though. Personally I prefer the layout of Maya more. Both are industry standard packages. I think studios tend to use Maya more though.

Last edited:
I have no idea what Frontier actually use, but generally 3DS Max is great for low poly modelling or modelling highly regular parts such as machinery and architectural bits. It's also very widely used in the videogames industry, so an absolute must to be familiar with if you want a career as a game dev. I would go for that.