Newcomer / Intro Solo play wings

In solo play I see massacre missions the require (recommend) wings. So I assume there is a way to form a wing with npcs? Or is this more an open play mish?

It depends. Wing missions can all be run solo, it just takes longer (except wing assassination missions where the target is seriously beefed up- doable but very difficult, and wartime wing massacre missions which have lower kill requirements than the standard ones so are actually easier 🙃). Just check the mission details to make sure it's something you want to sign up to.

The mission board does not discriminate between solo, private and open players. we all see the same thing.
Solo sessions do lose the ability to form a wing, and multi-crew with the trade off of not having to deal with other players.
Private sessions can form wings and multi-crew with friends while still retaining the solo session feel. so best of both worlds if you want to tackle the wing missions uninterrupted by others.

Edit: Or you can come into open and see if someone here wants to wing up with you on a mission. Also we have cookies in open.

In solo play I see massacre missions the require (recommend) wings. So I assume there is a way to form a wing with npcs? Or is this more an open play mish?

This below is the answer

The mission board does not discriminate between solo, private and open players. we all see the same thing.

The game generally does not discriminate between modes (solo/pg/open). The modes are only a player filter.
In a solo session the game will not allow you to meet other commanders, in PG you will meet only the other members of the PG, in open you will meet anyone that is not on your block list (with some exceptions)

But irrespective of mode, you can still communicate system wide with anyone else present in that system.

For example Borann is pretty chatty :)
Mostly with the usual banter open/pg/solo, but not only :)

You can do those missions on your own. In fact you get more money for killing fewer ships than you do with the solo missions, so it's better to do the wing missions than the solo ones when on your own.

Top Bottom