Solution for carrier "transfer money/rank exploit" & ensuring better trading with carriers

Hey there.

Its my first post here and i do it because i love Elite Dangerous!

If the carrier market would have a cooldown time for changing market prices (meaning a carrier owner can only change the buy/sell options of all goods every 24 hours),
this would hinder users from transfering money or goods in a negative (senseless) way and "real" traders could better rely on trade information from third party tools as inara, eddb, etc.
What do you think?

o7

Transferring money with the carrier market isn't really an exploit, and a 24-hour cooldown wouldn't really stop it - at the most it would mean more complex setups were needed to do the transfer.

It probably shouldn't earn rank, but then just making carrier transactions not count for trade rank (in the same way that they don't generate wing bonuses) would fix that.

Horrible suggestions in my mind.

Just remove the limits and stop worrying about players being able to share things.

open up outfitting and shipyard to allow you to sell engineered modules and trade materials (even sell modules/ships FOR materials)

this would hinder users from transfering money or goods in a negative (senseless) way

What do you have against player to player transfers? Our group has been experiencing a really fun resurgence since this became possible. Individual assets have a negligible impact on any of the game's competitive elements, such as they are.

Surely, as the game stands, dev time would be better spent improving NPC market interactions, bug fixing and generating new content than policing player interactions in a miserly fashion. Any reason to share with other players is a positive, in my book. It's a big, lonely galaxy with practically zero stakes, so let's not get weird about it.

Many of us have multiple accounts, and rely on a Carrier to transfer funds.
So very much this. I have a new alt that is currently in the process of unlocking bubble engineers and guardian modules. Once that is done, I am going to build a few ships, top off my mats and then have my main give my alt a ride to Colonia in the FC. I would still be grinding credits if I had not just given 2B to my alt.
I can see the argument that it should not count towards Elite trade as a reasonable one. Though it is making ship buying and outfitting m
much easier since my alt had instant access to Jameson Mem.

I don't agree on the OP's first point, but it would nice to know the prices and supply on fleet carriers reliably, while searching on 3rd party tools. Not sure what could make this happen.

Horrible suggestions in my mind.

Just remove the limits and stop worrying about players being able to share things.

open up outfitting and shipyard to allow you to sell engineered modules and trade materials (even sell modules/ships FOR materials)
i definitly like your capitalistic approach :)

What do you have against player to player transfers? Our group has been experiencing a really fun resurgence since this became possible. Individual assets have a negligible impact on any of the game's competitive elements, such as they are.

Surely, as the game stands, dev time would be better spent improving NPC market interactions, bug fixing and generating new content than policing player interactions in a miserly fashion. Any reason to share with other players is a positive, in my book. It's a big, lonely galaxy with practically zero stakes, so let's not get weird about it.
Good point and very true!

Thank you guys for the repley it was really eyeopenig for me seeing ppl actually enjoy this mechanic. you have a good point and i think we all agree on, that it shouldnt affect the trade rank.

Top Bottom