Some coaster recs not to scale

I downloaded a few coaster recreations to help me build a park recreation more accurately, but the coasters are too short and I screwed up part of the park. Now I have to redo part of it and make the coaster longer. I noticed that two of the flat rides I placed down were too close to each other. The park is Valleyfair. I was just looking at a satellite map to see the layout of the park and try to make it in PC. Trying to make the weird path layout is hard. You can't make large paved areas with the grid off. With the grid on, it is hard to make large sections of path off the grid to line up with the gridded area. There is the Z shortcut to make wide angled junctions. And there is a trick to make large paved areas off the grid, shyguy's site explains how to do it on a forum thread.

I downloaded a few coaster recreations to help me build a park recreation more accurately, but the coasters are too short and I screwed up part of the park. Now I have to redo part of it and make the coaster longer. I noticed that two of the flat rides I placed down were too close to each other. The park is Valleyfair. I was just looking at a satellite map to see the layout of the park and try to make it in PC. Trying to make the weird path layout is hard. You can't make large paved areas with the grid off. With the grid on, it is hard to make large sections of path off the grid to line up with the gridded area. There is the Z shortcut to make wide angled junctions. And there is a trick to make large paved areas off the grid, shyguy's site explains how to do it on a forum thread.

All Blueprints on the Workshop are based on guesses. They are as good as they get. Some are more accurate than others. But since there are no real official Blueprints of of Manufacturers of those Rides, all measurements are guesses.
Also, no you can't pour concrete flooring, like Six Flags likes to do. You still can fake those ugly concrete Floors with Concrete Roofs.

I hope i answered some of your Questions.

Coasters on the Steam Workshop are made players of the game and thus are not guaranteed to be to scale. You can upload your own recreations or even completely new ideas from the in game blueprint function.

I saw a park made in No Limits 2 and it looks way better than PC due to the fact that paths can be made any way in that game and custom content can be added like RCT3. PC should have been like that. Also, looks like NL2 park sizes can be way bigger than PC. But, PC is being expanded and the rides look good. I still play RCT3 too because of all the custom content. Theme Park Studio looked good but heard it sucks like RCTW. But it has drivable bumper cars and go karts. PC's are not drivable. Each game has pluses and minuses. There is not a single perfect amusement park game out there, except maybe NL2 which can make lifelike parks. PC we're dependent on Frontier to make more content for the game, in most others users can import user made content. RCT2, 3, RCTW (scenery only), Parkitect, NL2, TPS all allow importation of custom content. PC does not so we have to work with what we have.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I saw a park made in No Limits 2 and it looks way better than PC due to the fact that paths can be made any way in that game and custom content can be added like RCT3. PC should have been like that. Also, looks like NL2 park sizes can be way bigger than PC. But, PC is being expanded and the rides look good. I still play RCT3 too because of all the custom content. Theme Park Studio looked good but heard it sucks like RCTW. But it has drivable bumper cars and go karts. PC's are not drivable. Each game has pluses and minuses. There is not a single perfect amusement park game out there, except maybe NL2 which can make lifelike parks. PC we're dependent on Frontier to make more content for the game, in most others users can import user made content. RCT2, 3, RCTW (scenery only), Parkitect, NL2, TPS all allow importation of custom content. PC does not so we have to work with what we have.

Regarding custom content for Planet Coaster;

Frontier has already expressed their intention to support custom content / UGC for Planet Coaster in the future. It is not yet known when Frontier plans to release the support for custom content / UGC to players, but the intention is there.

Please keep the discussion in the Planet Coaster Discussions forum on topic of Planet Coaster. You are welcome to talk about other games in the Off Topic forum.

Thanks!

Theme Park Studio [...] has drivable bumper cars and go karts.
thats really cool I wish they could add that into PC! visiting parks in multiplayer would be amazing [up]

NL2 which can make lifelike parks.
Isnt NL2 just coasters? I didnt realize it had other rides, shops, or management

As Joël said, a UGC Editor is in the works, and it will probably send PC leaps and bounds beyond the competition, but we might have to wait a while before they release it. Theres still a lot more content coming (I hope) something like RCT3 had with expansions

It is, but you can import your own models and scripts so you could build a theme park. It will be completely dead however.

@OP

If the coasters on the workshop are not to your liking you could always try to build them yourself.

Top Bottom