Some cool information

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Im spanish and my english bad... But if buy a hearly access + ahead access, wen game come out have 2 copies??
If you buy early access for 67€ and coaster head club edition for 60€ than you have got two copies.

Correctly you must buy Early Access for 67€ and Coaster Head Club for 34€

Do you already know more about early access and coaster head combi package. Í'm not buying this combination in March when all the info/ in game footage is out there.
I'm curious...

Buy the way, do we know already something about the spec for the pc?

There is no extra information about a combination of Early Access and CHC. I don't think they will make a combination. Just wait for a dev.

And the game is in an early state so there's no information about the system requirements. :) We have to wait until February or March for the specs. Early Access will start in March so they can give us the possible system requirements.

Last edited:
Nope. I think you dont understand ... this is NOT an alpha-test here.

Pre-Alpha (or Prototype) :
A pre-alpha is a first draft of the application. It is generally a version that is presented (a demo) to potential investors.
it's not even public. Never, never, never ... So useless to talk about it !
- Price : Nope

Alpha-Test :
Alpha-Test is a "serie of tests" of an incomplete basic form of the game, usually only used internally. At this stage, it's not even "a game", it's full of bugs, it's more a "work in progress" version for the developpers themselves. In case alpha is publicly available (very very unlikely, but that happens sometimes), it's always free (because it is really annoying to do bugs reporting) and that is private (a very small group of people, generally, people close to the development team).
- Price : No price / Private

Bêta-Test :
Bêta-test is a "serie of tests" of a 80% complete game : the external testing phase. The beta test allows to test the game (by professionals or volunteers/amateurs) to test all program features and to track down and refer to the team all remaining errors they can be corrected in the final version. These are always short-term (hours to weeks) and may be as much "open" than "closed" (according to developers).
- Price : 0 € (Volunteer work)

Early-Access
Early Access is a stage where consumers can pay to-have access to an unfinished release of a game, for a smaller amount than the normal price of the game, which allows players to play before the other (at the time of purchase until the release date) and in exchange, the developers receive feedbacks, suggestions and some bug reports.
- Price : Between 0 € (for indies games) and 60 € (for scammers big studios). Generally around 15-20€

Release :
The final game, after all testing phases, or after the Early Access.
- Price : Between 39€ and 59€ for any "Day-one AAA games" on PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) / Between 49€ and 69€ for any "Day-one AAA games" on Consoles

Furthermore : When you order a game on Steam, in Early Access, here is what is written :

http://i.imgur.com/ijxlfvb.png

I dont care if RCTW call it Bêta, or if PlanetCoaster call it Alpha, because it is neither one nor the other : it's an Early Access ! A totally overpriced Early Access, but still (at least, that is sold like this, and that's why I bought)

They REALLY must stop calling things by a name that does not represent the reality (I'm not talkign only about Frontier, but everyone).
Firstly because it's the best way to take a lawsuit in the face. Secondly because to do something "complicated" when one can do "simple" makes absolutly no sense. Third, because it's bad for business (when the target does not understand what we want to sell it). Fourth, because words have meaning, an etymological definition, and more importantly : a history.

Early means Early, Access means Access !
Simple, short, efficient !

For now, it's overpriced, but there is still time to make things simpler !

Oh and I dont care if i'm the horrible killjoy of the forum, spending his time yelling, because someone should say something. I'm not like an Apple fan, always saying "WOOOOW, Amazing, a $1000 new phone, TAKE MY MONEY". If something is wrong, I say it ! And here, many things are wrong : The way you names your products, the number of products, and the prices. Because yes, I'm sorry, but I dont want to pay 53,99 € for the next PlanetCoaster expansion, after paying more than 100,00 € for the Early Access, a t-shirt and a forum access.

I say this because you had the nerve to propose the last Elite Dangerous expansion at this price, something I found out by writing this message. And in Early Access to top it all (making it one of the most expensive expansion of video game history I think : you can check here !!!)
(http://store.steampowered.com/app/419270/)

Am I worried ? Yes, a lot !!!
And apparently I have good reason to be !

(sorry for the long post)
Long story short: Early Bird Access soooo Expensive [squeeeeee][squeeeeee]

Something I noticed with the prices too is that they dont convert properly either. An exchange between GBP and USD on any of the prices come up with decent difference. If items are bought in USD, the buyer is spending more money than if in GBP...
heck, the founders plaque/stone option is 500GBP, transfers over to 713USD, but the USD choice is 750. All the prices like this from what Ive een, some more off than others

Last edited:
This is the way I did it. First I just wanted the Early Access. which cost me £49.99 that is in British pounds.
I then decided to add a VIP Ticket which was £10 so total for both was £59.99 or £60 save a penny.

I then decided a week later, to buy the Coaster Head Club Package which can be bought separately. This was £25 and includes the T shirt and wrist band. So my total outlay was £79.99 (£80 to round it off).

If you want the Early Bird Access and Coaster Head Club access, this is the best way of doing it.

I will add these Tweets to this topic...

Question: "PLANET COASTER EARLY BIRD PASS contain the game. or do i need to buy the game it self when its out?...".

Answer by Frontier: "The pass does not include the game, no. The Early Bird Edition on the store right now does, though. ^DE".

Answer: "well thats called the Early bird pass..., and if i buy it. when will i be able to play?"

He is talking about the Early Bird Pass and Frontier said it doesn't include the game but the Early Bird Edition does. What's the difference?! We only see the Early Bird Pass.

@Frontier: Please be clear with the messages!

https://twitter.com/PlanetCoaster/status/691957781302231040

Last edited:
Excuse the pun, but all this seems to sound "Double Dutch" to me.

Nothing offensive; just an English term for describing something that doesn't make sense

I will add these Tweets to this topic...

Question: "PLANET COASTER EARLY BIRD PASS contain the game. or do i need to buy the game it self when its out?...".

Answer by Frontier: "The pass does not include the game, no. The Early Bird Edition on the store right now does, though. ^DE".

Answer: "well thats called the Early bird pass..., and if i buy it. when will i be able to play?"

He is talking about the Early Bird Pass and Frontier said it doesn't include the game but the Early Bird Edition does. What's the difference?! We only see the Early Bird Pass.

@Frontier: Please be clear with the messages!

https://twitter.com/PlanetCoaster/status/691957781302231040

Directly from the Frontier Store: "Your Early Bird Edition will grant you first access to Planet Coaster months before its official public release, and full access to the complete game upon release. The Early Bird Edition of Planet Coaster will be available to play March 2016."

I'm assuming they probably misspoke and meant that something else doesn't include the full game.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom