Some data that me and a friend collected

If you are going to throw "data" out there then I suggest providing some sources. I have a really hard time believing the results for the mammals. Did your "poll" only give people those three options? I know manatee is not the number one most requested animal. And I guarantee you there are far more people who don't even know the rock hyrax exists than requested one. Mammals I have seen frequently requested include otter, moose, arctic fox, black or white rhino, leopard, cougar.

Last edited:
I have a hard time agreeing with some of these choices as well. Not that there bad or anything but like the above poster stated there’s so many highly requested animals not mentioned. I guess I can only go with what I’ve seen requested from here and Reddit. I would say Vet Girl mentioned a lot of animals I’ve heard very commonly mentioned. As for birds for example the most highly requested I’ve seen and perhaps most requested in the entire game is penguins.

If you are going to throw "data" out there then I suggest providing some sources. I have a really hard time believing the results for the mammals. Did your "poll" only give people those three options? I know manatee is not the number one most requested animal. And I guarantee you there are far more people who don't even know the rock hyrax exists than requested one. Mammals I have seen frequently requested include otter, moose, arctic fox, black or white rhino, leopard, cougar.

See the problem here is your zoological knowledge is limited. I recommend reading more

I have a hard time agreeing with some of these choices as well. Not that there bad or anything but like the above poster stated there’s so many highly requested animals not mentioned. I guess I can only go with what I’ve seen requested from here and Reddit. I would say Vet Girl mentioned a lot of animals I’ve heard very commonly mentioned. As for birds for example the most highly requested I’ve seen and perhaps most requested in the entire game is penguins.

They are there, you are simply seeing the first subcategory in the preview. Move your cursor over the category squeres and there should appear an arrow which you can press to see other subcategories (for example bears, cats, dogs etc. in the mammals category).

I thought that too at first sight but the animals are grouped by categories.

So manatee is the top in afrotherians, not all mammals.

It isn’t clearly stated unfortunately but you have to click to the right to see further categories of mammals in the box.

Ahhh - thanks for telling. I was confused, too. It wouldn't occur to me that you had to click on the picture (because my mouse is usually at the right side of the screen, scrolling).

Hi, I made the poll where the results came from. I can explain how this poll got its results.

Back in around May, Zha had set up a poll that had well over 1,000 animals, with new ones being constantly being added. After a while, that poll got less and less results coming in, capping at about 100. With a strategy like this, it's very easy to see how results could be skewed, so please don't take the results of the poll as 100% objective.

Later, I took the animals that scored half or more of all votes from the original and made a new poll. This one scored about 30 more votes compared to the first one (which is still a small sample size, admittedly).

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

^ Yea what he said. We were curious as to what animals people really wanted and thus, set up a poll.

Last edited:
See the problem here is your zoological knowledge is limited. I recommend reading more
Are you kidding with this... condescending response? What Vetgirl said wasn't "people couldn't possibly want this animal, because I didn't know about it." What she DID say, was: "I guarantee you there are far more people who don't even know the rock hyrax exists than requested one."

She is pointing out how unreliable this poll is, when it comes to the most desired species among PZ players. There's no WAY hyrax is such a highly requested species, because most people requesting animals for Planet Zoo don't even acknowledge the existence of this species.

I, for instance, knew about the hyrax. But I've also literally never met another person who knew what I was talking about, when I mention them. Nor have I seen anyone in this forum put one on their wishlist.

^ Yea what he said. We were curious as to what animals people really wanted and thus, set up a poll.

So they could only choose from a limited amount of choices?
Which makes it less valuable, as they might have been forced to choose something, which they didn't want to pick in the first place, but because their choice wasn't among the options, they had to pick one, even though it wasn't their favorite.

So, is it correct for me to observe there where only 3 categories to choose from per poll?

edit: I see the answer was given, 3 choices max. Pointless poll is my conclusion, and that is my honest opinion.
edit: I also see I am a bit late to the party.

Last edited:
Top Bottom