Some MUCH NEEDED PlanCo Update - Features Request

** Features **
1) Indoor/Outdoor Auditoriums for 4D Experiences, Stunt Shows, and other entertainment.
- These should have at least 2 variants

2) Multi-Station Rides (Coasters, Track rides, and Flat Rides, esp. the Horror Heights)
  • Multiple rides can be treated and advertised as the same attraction or at least allow for multiple stations for all track rides
  • Additionally the queues could start as one queue then split into two (THIS WOULD BE GREAT!)
** Note: We now have coaster chain for track rides and this is great. Would be nice to see this with flat rides as well but no biggy

3) More Queue Options
  • Be able to toggle the staff member and queue entrance on/off
  • (As mentioned already) be able to create a single queue for multi-station attractions that can be split into multiple queues to each station like in real life
  • This may be asking for too much but here it goes anyways... Section off queues so that only a fixed number of guests can occupy a certain queue areas for the purpose of
creating preshows and show rooms before the main attraction

Can somebody fix this broken record?
Why? It's the truth. We only have multiple stations for a very few selection of transport-, i mean track-rides while in other games (RCT1, RCT2, RCT3) you could have multiple stations on everything.

It is quite obvious that the reason for this is that if you have alot of transportation rides the guest A.I. becomes an even bigger mess because they will constantly calculate which ride to take where as this is something they advertised the game with. The whole "Guest-brain" if I remember correctly.

Or what other reason would they have to limit this?

I think i've already suggested a few times to have an option to turn off smart AI and let guests just walk around randomly in the park choosing ride entrances that they pass. That's a price I would pay in a heartbeat if that means less AI calculations so more performance and options for multiple stations.

Unfortunately as they advertised this game as "smart AI thinking they will calculate which transport ride to use and where to go etc" this might be something that doesn't get added which is a shame because I feel that this would improve the overal experience significantly.

I am not saying he is telling lies.
Im only saying the responses are quite repetitive.

To get back on topic, great idea for the stadium style shows!

I have asked for that for quite a while. Perhaps with sliders where you can manually adjust duration of ride, as well as excitement, nausea, etc.
You could set up the stadium indoor (Hall of Presidents) or outdoor (Stunt Show). The sliders could be set differently for each ride, while using the same ride.

It's just silly to create a beautiful facade for an indoor attraction, and then be forced to put a tilt-a-whirl inside it.

Just like every comment from you.

Thanks for the feedback, nice story, real short, but I won't do anything with it.

At least I'm not on the "boohoo, this game isn't what I want it to be 😭" tour all the time.

Loads of the stuff you guys suggest is absolutely great and I wouldn't be against it getting into the game (Although I never liked waterpark expansions).

But the "It should have been there in the first place" or "not happening with this engine" comments are just ... taken out of thin air.
And the constant complaining about how great RCT3 was and how bad PlanCo apparantly in comparison is, is kind of exhausting.

RCT3 was in terms of performance for it's time just as much a nightmare as Planco can be with framedrops.
And compared to Planco, RCT3 today looks and feels like trash to be honest.

But I'll leave you guys to it. Enjoy your round table meetings and keep going in circles.

Last edited:
To add on what Luuknoord said, a load of people on this forum are constantly comparing Planet Coaster to RCT3.
'Oooh but RCT3 had a water park expansion'
'RCT3 had a Gravitron'
Just to name a few...

RCT3 had a load of great stuff, but you can tell straight away that the developers were able to put a lot more care into Planet Coaster thanks to newer technology. But this means that new features can take a lot longer to develop. I remember Sam Denney talking about how much longer the rides take to develop compared to older games, due to the amount of care they put into each and every one of them. And in my opinion, the guest A.I. is absolutely fantastic in Planet Coaster, and is a massive improvement over past games. Though it does mean that past features from RCT3 are harder to develop, which is understandable.

I just wish that some people would understand that the developers have/had a different vision for Planet Coaster, and I'm sure they don't want to recreate absolutely everything that they done all them years ago. I'm glad they've gone a different direction, and in my opinion, its worked out well.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
To add on what Luuknoord said, a load of people on this forum are constantly comparing Planet Coaster to RCT3.
'Oooh but RCT3 had a water park expansion'
'RCT3 had a Gravitron'
Just to name a few...

RCT3 had a load of great stuff, but you can tell straight away that the developers were able to put a lot more care into Planet Coaster thanks to newer technology. But this means that new features can take a lot longer to develop. I remember Sam Denney talking about how much longer the rides take to develop compared to older games, due to the amount of care they put into each and every one of them. And in my opinion, the guest A.I. is absolutely fantastic in Planet Coaster, and is a massive improvement over past games. Though it does mean that past features from RCT3 are harder to develop, which is understandable.

I just wish that some people would understand that the developers have/had a different vision for Planet Coaster, and I'm sure they don't want to recreate absolutely everything that they done all them years ago. I'm glad they've gone a different direction, and in my opinion, its worked out well.
Well said, TheWetDolphin. Thanks! :)

There are some players who would love to have a water park expansion for Planet Coaster. I can see why players want that and I personally agree that it would be great to have water parks in Planet Coaster. Don't get me wrong, it really would be great. :)

That having said, the fact is that water parks are not within the vision of development for Planet Coaster as determined by the developers. The developers have confirmed that this is not going to change. Everyone is free to continue to request water parks, but at this point it is not going to be added to Planet Coaster.

There is a possibility that Frontier will consider water parks for a future game "Planet Coaster 2" if they choose to develop such a successor for the current game. Time will tell if that is going to happen.

As it stands right now, chances are slim that any major gameplay features are going to be changed/added to the current iteration of Planet Coaster. I personally think that the development team has done all they could within the limits of the version of the Cobra engine used for Planet Coaster. Any 'groundbreaking' changes to the base game might cause incompatibility with existing saved parks/blueprints/creations, and that is not something you would want to happen.

Tl;dr, I think it would be great to have new features and updates for existing features for Planet Coaster, but I personally think that is not going to happen due to the reasons mentioned above in this post.

Oh are we still talking about water parks? I thought Citytrader attempted to get this thread back on topic, but since Luuknord and Wetdolphin want to keep bringing up rct3 and water parks, I'll point out that people have made water parks in Planco

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG-yPwOJ30

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZGxk0v3ME

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPta_qPuDM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMEz4c1OUw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSQfWDFSJI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqNNFTBpfZA

You should try the water slide pieces, they look realistic although they are fake. A dinghy slide like RCT1-3 would probably work for Planet Coaster, though since it is like a coaster with a complete circuit. That way, we could provide slides for people to ride in a fake waterpark. The existing bobsled ride might work as well for working slides. I wonder if we could have the track go into water near the end? Better than nothing. I think what it is, is that the game is more advanced than RCT3 with better graphics and that water parks would require a rewrite of the AI and peep behavior. Which Frontier does not want to do. Or, how about using the toolkit water slide pieces with a coaster, to bury the track with? Then you could have working water slides and you could probably even have the station high up instead of on the ground, but the peeps would return to that station on a chain lift. Put food stands, restrooms, etc. in your waterpark area to give peeps a reason to visit the waterpark area. For a lazy river, use the rapids ride.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Oh are we still talking about water parks? I thought Citytrader attempted to get this thread back on topic, but since Luuknord and Wetdolphin want to keep bringing up rct3 and water parks, I'll point out that people have made water parks in Planco

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG-yPwOJ30

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZGxk0v3ME

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPta_qPuDM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMEz4c1OUw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSQfWDFSJI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqNNFTBpfZA
Everyone is well aware that some players have made brilliant recreations of (fake) water parks in Planet Coaster. That doesn't change anything to the fact that water parks won't be added to Planet Coaster as a gameplay feature.

Like I said, it would be great to have them and a lot of players agree with that, but it is not going to happen in Planet Coaster.

it is not going to happen in Planet Coaster.
I know thats why I originally said in my first reply "wont happen in the current Planco engine, maybe in Planco2" lol

But if you think about it, we dont really need a full "water park" expansion, all we need are slides and swimming guests

The existing bobsled ride might work as well for working slides. I wonder if we could have the track go into water near the end? Better than nothing.
thats basically what the GaleForce creator did in the last video I posted

would require a rewrite of the AI and peep behavior.
Right, the GuestAI or "Guest Brain" has caused tons of issues with this game since day 1 :(

Last edited:
Almost everything I had wanted when base came out made it in the game! Like... I couldn't be happier with the DLCs, I love the new PC story modes are and I super hope they release a pack of those next DLC :D

The biggest thing that's missing for me is the ability to track guests and get pop ups of their thoughts rides and activities.
They are SO active! I love the conversations they have with each other, and itt would be a fun side thing and actually helpful and useful to see where guests are going, what they are eating, and how they are moving around the park while you tend to other things.

Also a way to mark guests as "CelebriGuests"... where they ignore things like costs and lines. this would greatly enhaince tegidcam for me lol... I absolutely am addicted to it, buuuut i don't love 3d virtual line waiting as much lol

on the rides side of things there are a few I've been thinking would make it, but a bit surprised aren't in yet...

Roller Coasters:

Block brakes for the inverted launch please? pleeeeeeease? XD in memory of Volcano <3

Steel Wild Mouse with switches and reverse sections if they can be done... would love to do a scooby doo coaster

Tilt coasters (45 degree & 90 degree options would be amazing)

Theatrical coasters like the Mummy and... the other Mummy XD

and finally thrill and family multi launch coasters like Soaring Dragon, Star Trek, and the others XD and family ones such as Dollywoood's Firechaser express, and pegasus in toolazytoolook, Europe

and 4d flipspin coasters of any kind like the Joker ones or the intamin ones

Tracked rides:

a retro monoril would be great for making time specific parks

a themed raceway like Stunt track style

and a kiddie rail for theming : like Moose on the loose at Darien lake

For rides... there are a fewe and one I would buy a DLC if that was the only thing on it XD

for me this would be the biggest want for a new DLC pack..

A hurricane
34EE921A-3DB8-4C35-9A39-6212601C5E82.43003.9096643519-G.jpg
Top Scan
Mondial_Top_Spin1.jpg

Skydiver
Skydiver.jpg

a large flying carpet ride <3
maxresdefault.jpg

and a trabant
1571502266758.png

and more merch stores for the guests... things like apearrel, shades, maybe glow toys for night parks...

and most important to me of all <3

Freefall towers! omg please give us Freefall towers XD
Demon_Left1.jpg

You forgot the ufo flying saucer ride that begins with a G. I wanted that since day 1. I guess I could live without working water slides, or working fun slides, or working swimming pools, but RCT3 had more things than P.C. does now. We’re close to closing that gap, well no soaked or wild type things will ever be in P.C. except for fake things, but I’m sure other types of flat rides are possible, like the flying carpet, Thunder Bobs, sky swing, slingshot, and trabant/wipeout which are rides in RCT3 that are missing in P.C.

You forgot the ufo flying saucer ride that begins with a G. I wanted that since day 1. I guess I could live without working water slides, or working fun slides, or working swimming pools, but RCT3 had more things than P.C. does now. We’re close to closing that gap, well no soaked or wild type things will ever be in P.C. except for fake things, but I’m sure other types of flat rides are possible, like the flying carpet, Thunder Bobs, sky swing, slingshot, and trabant/wipeout which are rides in RCT3 that are missing in P.C.
Sorry but do you really feel the need to request this (in what feels like) every single thread? I've seen you post about this ride you want countless times! I'm 99.9% sure someone at Frontier has acknowledged your request at some point, so please just leave it now. :)

Well, we are getting another DLC soon as confirmed by the recent steam activity, the game data is definitely being updated, last update was a day ago.

Top Bottom