Horizons Some sort of interdiction bug?

I had a mission to take out a pirate in a system. I've successfully done many of these missions in Elite Dangerous, but this was the first time in Horizons that I took a mission that required me to interdict a target.

So I found a target (an NPC, of course) and began chasing him down, although he was way out of range. Somewhere along the way - while he was still out of range, BTW, I accidentally hit my FSD Interdictor trigger and it began the interdiction process.
The bad guy in question was flying an Eagle, and somehow he was able to continue turning back against me like you would in regular combat, which I thought was really unusual, since when I'm being interdicted I don't have anywhere near such freedom of flight, but although that's strange, it's not the strangest part. The strangest part is that although I was clearly losing the interdiction attempt due to his inexplicable ability to fly his ship however he saw fit, my Interdict-ometer had him clearly at the point where it should have ended in his favor, but it didn't end, and I just flew on for a few minutes.
It's like the game had half-crashed, as nothing changed for several minutes, and the only way I could get out of it was to quit to the desktop.

I've never had such a thing happen before, and I'm just wondering if this is some kind of known bug or just some random occurrence... whatever it was, it was certainly not working as it was meant to work.

Last edited:
similar thing happend to me last night, done many interdictions but never seen this before. i thought it was just bec i came in very fast and near a body i somehow triggered it. had to exit to menu to get passed it

Top Bottom