Something wrong with Krait?

Well, I'm looking for a new favorite ship for my elite NPC crew after update. I couldn't risk her in Open Mode before update but I have a chance now so...

Here are my two favorite heavily engineered builds for Corvette and Krait.

Corvette : https://s.orbis.zone/5o_k
Krait : https://s.orbis.zone/5o_m

and these are maneuver values...

compare.png

Don't you think Krait is too cumbersome for it's size? Corvette has 5 times more shield, almost 2 times more armor, more firepower and very close turn rates.

Looking for a reason to use Krait for combat instead of a vette? :rolleyes:

No, I think all the large ships are too maneuverable/fast for their size.

This always seemed like a bit of a problem to me. I had this natural expectation that small ships would faster and more maneuverable than large ships, so imagine my surprise when I compared the Viper Mk VI or the Cobra to pretty much anything else.

This always seemed like a bit of a problem to me. I had this natural expectation that small ships would faster and more maneuverable than large ships, so imagine my surprise when I compared the Viper Mk VI or the Cobra to pretty much anything else.

Always fell that the large ships should REQUIRE turrets to be able to hit Eagles etc, and those turrets should only be use-able by crew. Needless to say, few agree.

The krait can permaboost. It's way more nimble than this looks.

Don't you need 4 pips on engines for permaboost? I need 3 pips on weapons during combat most of times, if not always, and use all of them to shields if I have space, barely give 2 pips to engines. :confused:

Massive distributor and great heat management also means it can perma-run 3x large efficient beams too, which is why I used to call mine 'The Stripper'

Massive distributor and great heat management also means it can perma-run 3x large efficient beams too, which is why I used to call mine 'The Stripper'

I agree, Krait has a massive fire power, with all beam laser and an elite multicannon SLF npc, just like Corvette. But in a Corvette, I can stay in the zone like a turret and burn them all while face tanking them. But Krait has no this opportunity. It has a thin shield and not too bad armor so shouldn't take too much damage. But it also has no turn rates like a FAS, Chiftain or FDL.

So I feel like Krait is stuck between the two sides but devoid of charm.

Yup, this. Big ships are far too maneuverable and fast. They should be slow, cumbersome, but when in their sight lethal.

Yea, flying my vette like a fighter is a bit over the top. But then we get this crowd that whines because they want to take out a F-35 with a Piper Cub that has a roman candle strapped to it's fuselage. Really?

If you want to go up against a large ship with a Viper, you should die. Quickly. As it should be.

The cry babies in this game/forum are something to behold...

To the OP: I run 3/1/3 pips and with boost and f/a off I run circles around large ships.

Top Bottom