Sort of disappointed with PC.

I played it today and although it has great graphics, there aren't as many rides as RCT3 had at the beginning and it seems harder to build/play with than RCT3 because the mouse movement is inverted from RCT3 when you pan across the park unless that can be changed. And I miss the grid from RCT3, is there a way to raise/lower blocks of land instead of just make mountains and valleys? I know paths can be made square. You can't make fake railroad crossings like you could with RCT3 with the trick to lower ground under track, place path, and raise land back up and path and track would intersect. In PC that cannot be done, it will create a tunnel around the path and the path doesn't raise with the land. Path cannot be built through track, it turns red. So, we won't have railroad crossings in PC even fake ones. But I like the way train tunnels look in PC, they look better than RCT3's tunnels through land. I suppose that I will grow to like PC but for now RCT3 has way more content (with 10+ years of custom content and 2 expansion packs) and plays better for me.

rct3 has way more content (with 10+ years of custom content and 2 expansion packs)

I get you saying that PC has less flat rides then rct3 but as you also said, that was 10yrs ago. If you added up all the flat rides from rct3 you'd probably get about the same amount of detail that has gone into 3-4 PC rides & there's around 28 flat rides currently. Also '10+ years of custom content and 2 expansion packs'. Planet Coaster hasn't even had it's full release yet & you're comparing it to a game with expansions & years of custom content lol

For the sake of argument, i don't think it's completely perfect, i think the parks need to be bigger for this game to have lasting appeal, I'm honesty put off playing it right now because of that. But as far as content & quality, the game is brilliant. There's going to be more content added on release & then they've pretty much confirmed more content after release.

Last edited:
I'm a bit shocked by this Post really. Do you really want to trade in the Freedom that Planet Coaster gives you? A global Grid instead of a individual Grid? And no Freeform Terrain Tool? Alright then.

I agree with the lack of rides, but PC is one of the best simulation games I have ever played. The creativity is endless. The things people are creating is amazing.

But I do agree there are some classic RCT rides that NEED to be in, like bumper cars, slides, and more options for slow rides (monster trucks, motor cycles, etc)

Have Patience :D These will be added over Time i have no doubt. Remember, things are still held back for Release. Not a huge amount i think, but still. Overall i am extremely happy with the Result.

HOWEVER:

I must comment on one Thing the OP said: No Railroad Crossings. I was hoping for those as well, because every Theme Park with Trains have them. But it is in no way a Deal Breaker for me. I can see that these are quite difficult to implement. I can live without them let's say.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that RCT3's expansion packs had a boat load of rides and coasters. Also keep in mind that the amount of time to make one flat ride is approximently one month and they have so much more detail compared to RCT3. I'm sure we will get more down the road so just be patient :)

Why is this a troll thread? His comment was clear, precise, not degrading to the game. He simply expressed his opinion. I realize this is a Planet Coaster forum but if you' are going to label everyone a troll who isn't a gushing fanboy for the game, then nothing will ever be changed, improved or modified. The developers have made it clear that they welcome criticism, pro and con.

If you enjoy the game, that's great. But the OP is correct in saying that there is less content so far than RCT3 had even at launch. That doesn't mean it's less of a game, but it probably is a disappointment to some people.

Most of us understand that eventually there will be far more content, more flat rides, more kiddie rides, etc. That doesn't concern me. But I have to say to those that take offense if someone offers criticism of something they "cherish" is grow up. Yours is not the only opinion in the world and it's not necessarily the only valid one. I've seen this behavior on way too many game forums. If you're not praising the game up and down like a fawning worshipper, you're a troll.

And seriously, it's a game...one of thousands of pc and console games available that people play. And by the way, this is a BETA which is released to the public for their comments, suggestions and bug reports. So, leave people alone who are doing what they supposed to do during a beta.

Keep in mind that RCT3's expansion packs had a boat load of rides and coasters. Also keep in mind that the amount of time to make one flat ride is approximently one month and they have so much more detail compared to RCT3. I'm sure we will get more down the road so just be patient :)

Also keep in mind the enormous amount of rides for RCT3 that was created by people and imported into the game.

I'm hoping for more rides too--I was looking for some old-school mild/moderate flat rides like bumper cars and tilt-a-whirl but didn't see them. That aside, there is still plenty of time in the future for rides to be patched in, plus DLC packs and expansions. I'm hoping through modding tools or general cleverness that modders can find a way to add flat rides to the game (modding tools would help so the flat rides could be colored and stuff) as there will always be something that someone wants to see that isn't in there.

Plus maybe there is something in the release patch that isn't in the current game--I know I've seen a video with security guards, but none are available in my beta copy, so not 100% of content is in right now.

Why is this a troll thread? His comment was clear, precise, not degrading to the game. He simply expressed his opinion. I realize this is a Planet Coaster forum but if you' are going to label everyone a troll who isn't a gushing fanboy for the game, then nothing will ever be changed, improved or modified. The developers have made it clear that they welcome criticism, pro and con.

If you enjoy the game, that's great. But the OP is correct in saying that there is less content so far than RCT3 had even at launch. That doesn't mean it's less of a game, but it probably is a disappointment to some people.

Most of us understand that eventually there will be far more content, more flat rides, more kiddie rides, etc. That doesn't concern me. But I have to say to those that take offense if someone offers criticism of something they "cherish" is grow up. Yours is not the only opinion in the world and it's not necessarily the only valid one. I've seen this behavior on way too many game forums. If you're not praising the game up and down like a fawning worshipper, you're a troll.

And seriously, it's a game...one of thousands of pc and console games available that people play. And by the way, this is a BETA which is released to the public for their comments, suggestions and bug reports. So, leave people alone who are doing what they supposed to do during a beta.

Completely and utterly agree. There is nothing worse than going on a forum (for a game we probably ALL hold dear) than having your genuine critique ridiculed and invalidated by those who choose to worship.

Best post I've seen in a while, this.

Last edited:
Game is well put together, the mechanics are just solid. Still have no creativity, but thats not the games fault. I just need a good idea. Amount of coasters is drool worthy, and the fact they squeezed in Log Flumes and Wooden Coasters made my gitty. But the amount of flat rides is a bit disappointing. Only 24 or so in total. Maybe thats just the beta. Anyone have any idea the total count of flat-rides in the full release?

Game is well put together, the mechanics are just solid. Still have no creativity, but thats not the games fault. I just need a good idea. Amount of coasters is drool worthy, and the fact they squeezed in Log Flumes and Wooden Coasters made my gitty. But the amount of flat rides is a bit disappointing. Only 24 or so in total. Maybe thats just the beta. Anyone have any idea the total count of flat-rides in the full release?

Yes, Frontier does. [big grin]

And me... [mouth shut]

There with that teasing again! :)

There seems to be a lot of gripe about this and I understand where people are coming from but to me I am overly satisfied. I am still discovering the littlest details and features there are that weren't discussed in the live streams.

I want more flat rides and coasters but I feel content wise I have a lot to work with to keep me entertained until updates begin to roll out. Someone started a post on coaster types and why there are some in there over the classics and I do agree with this but I have no doubt in my mind when we get more content it will be such amazing quality and worth the wait.

It is hard for a lot of people because we have RCT3 to compre to but I keep reminding myself this an entirely new game built from ground up. And that is a mountain of work and what they have created is actually quite commendable and amazingly beautiful.

Detail was an important focus. I mean the coaster tracks are detailed down to each bolt and nut. I mean that was something never seen in previous RCT versions and if you're upset about content just remember these tiny details and you may be able to see where developmental focus was and the content amount may be appreciated more. That's my take on it. Plus Frontier loves his community and actually listens. I have not doubt they will continue to deliver!

Last edited:
Can't say that I don't agree with some of the things mentioned in this thread. What I'm a little disappointed in is that not all rides have a Vanilla theme cause, forcing a ride to have a certain theme leaves us with only certain rides being able to be placed in certain areas. If he had Vanilla rides, we could customise the ride to fit into the area really well! I just think forced themes takes a bit of the individuality away. Don't get me wrong this game is phenomenal, and they have 90% of the content perfect, like the simulation, the management etc. but I just can't help but fell like one of the main points of the game, to build theme parks, as slacking slightly. Put it this way, imagine every park you went to, the Top Spin ride was Ripsaw from Alton Towers? It's just not right!

Secondly I have to say I agree with a global grid, which like the angle snap feature, has the ability to be activated and deactivated! Whilst activated, objects will snap to it, and object/paths that have already been built could have gridlines parallel extending from it as well. A lot like how SimCity does it, where the grid isn't necessarily all over the map, but close to where you're building/objects that are already built.

I definitely think the devs have the potential to do these things! It's just finding balance between the workload and pleasing people. I'm a firm believer that a happy medium is possible!

Secondly I have to say I agree with a global grid, which like the angle snap feature, has the ability to be activated and deactivated! Whilst activated, objects will snap to it, and object/paths that have already been built could have gridlines parallel extending from it as well. A lot like how SimCity does it, where the grid isn't necessarily all over the map, but close to where you're building/objects that are already built.

I definitely think the devs have the potential to do these things! It's just finding balance between the workload and pleasing people. I'm a firm believer that a happy medium is possible!

Uuuuuh.... You can already do that. You can build all the Buildings on the same Grid if you want. Nobody is stopping you. Just click on that Building and continue on that same Grid. I love the System in Place, especially that you can Build which ever way you like :D

Top Bottom