South American Animals and Aquarium Exibits

Hey
What I would love to see is some more South American Animals. Like Capybaras. If nothing else, please let us have walk-in capybara habitats.
Anyway, here's my wishlist:

• Capybaras (Pretty Please)
  • Caiman
  • Coati (Coatimundi)
  • Llamas
  • Alpacas
  • Jaguars
  • Cougars
  • Ocelots
  • Margay
  • Sloths
  • Anteaters
  • Guanaco
  • Opossum
  • Armadillos (Nine-branded, pink fairy)
  • Marmosets
  • Golden Lion Tamarin and Emperor Tamarin
  • Spider Monkey
  • Venezuelan Red Howler
  • White-faced Saki
  • Pantagonian Mara
  • Darwin's Fox
  • Maned Wolf
  • Bush Dog
  • Spectacled bear
  • Pudú

Also, there's LOTS of cool small rodents that wold fit nicely in exhibits. And, on that note, a lot of nice fish, too. Exhibits are, after all, a nice glass box that would make a damn good aquarium. Just saying.

What I would want to see in a South American DLC:

- Jaguar (the obvious choice).
- Giant Anteater (kind of a quintessential zoo animal, though not as common as you might think).
- Some kind of Spider Monkey (Mexican black-handed is my favourite, but I'd take any species).
- Capybara.
- Spectacled Caiman (the most well-known caiman species).

And for exhibit animals:
- Emerald Tree Boa.
- Brazilian Black Tarantula.
- Chilean Rose Tarantula.
- Marine Toad.
- More poison dart frogs.

A South American pack would be a good way to add aquaria:
- Mata Mata (really neat turtle, would need some kind of "semi-aquatic" environment).
- Red-Bellied Piranha (up to 8 per aquarium).
- Arowana.
- Tiger Oscar.

If they went with themes, then a Brazilian theme and/or an Incan theme would be pretty cool.

If they went with themes, then a Brazilian theme and/or an Incan theme would be pretty cool.

Maya, Incan and Aztec themes would be absolutely awesome. I've started my jungle zoo already, basically by the time I finish up facilities and scenario we should have more South American fauna. I hope. Or I have a big Jungle zoo with tapirs and tortoises.

I would be fine with jaguars, giant anteaters, capybaras and sloths if they figure out how to implement them. Could be a nice 3 or 4 smaller animal dlc just as we see with JWE.
Its rather impossible now to iimplement giant anteaters,jaguars or capybaras "wrong" but indeed, sloths/koalas are difficult ones,they're spending their life mostly on trees even in captivity,unlike primates.

Its rather impossible now to iimplement giant anteaters,jaguars or capybaras "wrong" but indeed, sloths/koalas are difficult ones,they're spending their life mostly on trees even in captivity,unlike primates.

Yeah, but one could hope. I mean, the climbing system really impressed me to begin with, so who knows. Didn't Zoo Tycoon 2 have Koalas, or I am thinking of a mod here? I used to mod the heck out of it.

In any way, I'd be content with some of the more iconic animals, such as jaguars, capybaras, maned wolf, anteaters and mandarins.

Yeah, but one could hope. I mean, the climbing system really impressed me to begin with, so who knows. Didn't Zoo Tycoon 2 have Koalas, or I am thinking of a mod here? I used to mod the heck out of it.

In any way, I'd be content with some of the more iconic animals, such as jaguars, capybaras, maned wolf, anteaters and mandarins.

Zoo Tycoon 2 had them in the Endangered Species expansion. Thinking back, they worked alright. The thing is though that the animals in Zoo Tycoon 2 weren't quite as high-end, as I'm sure you know. If Planet Zoo made it so that the koalas would sit in a tree for hours eating leaves and only rarely came down for water then I think it would be pretty good. They should also fix the elevated feeding platforms, though, so we can have them reasonably high up,

Hey
What I would love to see is some more South American Animals. Like Capybaras. If nothing else, please let us have walk-in capybara habitats.
Anyway, here's my wishlist:

• Capybaras (Pretty Please)
  • Caiman
  • Coati (Coatimundi)
  • Llamas
  • Alpacas
  • Jaguars
  • Cougars
  • Ocelots
  • Margay
  • Sloths
  • Anteaters
  • Guanaco
  • Opossum
  • Armadillos (Nine-branded, pink fairy)
  • Marmosets
  • Golden Lion Tamarin and Emperor Tamarin
  • Spider Monkey
  • Venezuelan Red Howler
  • White-faced Saki
  • Pantagonian Mara
  • Darwin's Fox
  • Maned Wolf
  • Bush Dog
  • Spectacled bear
  • Pudú

Also, there's LOTS of cool small rodents that wold fit nicely in exhibits. And, on that note, a lot of nice fish, too. Exhibits are, after all, a nice glass box that would make a damn good aquarium. Just saying.

I really think a pack with jaguars, capybaras, ocelot, 2 monkey species, llamas (or guanacos), and coati would be great. Along with some new themed scenery/building pieces, additional jungle vegetation, and some exhibit species (piranhas would be cool).

Zoo Tycoon 2 had them in the Endangered Species expansion. Thinking back, they worked alright. The thing is though that the animals in Zoo Tycoon 2 weren't quite as high-end, as I'm sure you know. If Planet Zoo made it so that the koalas would sit in a tree for hours eating leaves and only rarely came down for water then I think it would be pretty good. They should also fix the elevated feeding platforms, though, so we can have them reasonably high up,

I would be into them adding koalas, sloths, etc. with fairly limited movements if necessary. Honestly, if sloths never set foot on the ground, I would be okay with that.

If they add a way to elevate feeding platforms, place them on branches, etc. I think that would add to it as well.

Top Bottom