Space Battle Ship Yamato vs a Capital Ship?

Space Battle Ship Yamato vs a Capital Ship

• Yamato

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Farragut/Majestic Class interdictor

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
who would win?

edit:

Space Battle Ship Yamato main weapons

the three 45.9cm and two 15.5cm three-barrelled gun turrets of the original Yamato have been converted into powerful energy guns. Each turret fires three energy beams which are capable of spiraling around each other to form a single, more powerful beam, capable of severely damaging or destroying enemy warships.

the "trump card" of the Yamato, the Wave Motion Gun functions by connecting the Wave Motion Engine to the enormous firing gate at the ship's bow, enabling the tachyon energy power of the engine to be fired in a stream directly forwards. Enormously powerful, it can vaporize a fleet of enemy ships or a landmass around the size of Australia with one shot; however, it takes a brief but critical period to charge before firing. It also requires all non-essential power systems be deactivated, and leaves the ship powerless and adrift for a short time after firing,

Farragut Battle Cruiser main weapons

???? A ton of lasers and AA guns?

Last edited:
I dont really know anything about the weapons and shields of the Yamato, but I do know that it is relatively small compared to a Capital Class in Elite. The Yamato is about the size of an Imperial Cutter.
Yamato 266 m x 73 m x 35 m
Imperial Cutter 192 m x 111 m x 33 m
Farragut 2000 m x 800 m x 300 m

The Farragut/Majestic would absolutely dwarf the Yamato. It would be akin to a Farragut/Majestic focusing all fire and fighter squadrons on an NPC Cutter. It would be an absolutely one-sided slaughter.

Last edited:
wasnt the yamato sunk by an significant American cruiser

Not really. Both Yamato and her sister ship Musashi were sunk by dive bombers and torpedo aircrafts from carriers. Especially the latter soak up tremendous amount of beating before going down. No wonder if we know that only their armor weighted more than 25.000 tons (iirc).

Remove the shields from Elite`s capitals and these battleships would tear them apart with their nine 460 mm guns (not counting the rest of the arsenal). They are smaller, but probably much heavier and better armored.

Last edited:
Not really. Both Yamato and her sister ship Musashi were sunk by dive bombers and torpedo aircrafts from carriers. Especially the latter soak up tremendous amount of beating before going down. No wonder if we know that only their armor weighted more than 25.000 tons (iirc).

Remove the shields from Elite`s capitals and these battleships would tear them apart with their nine 460 mm guns (not counting the rest of the arsenal). They are smaller, but probably much heavier and better armored.

I think it was a lot more than 25 tones. Probably closer to 25 thousand tons.

I hardly doubt that they would tear a capital ship apart. It's not like you can simply handwave 1350 years of technological advance between them.

Their shells probably bounce off their hulls :p

I would assume that "space battleship Yamato" is a reference to the Japanese 1970s anime series of that name, and/or the ship Argo that appeared in the English-language version of the show, Star Blazers, and/or various attempted Japanese-language relaunches since then. In those shows/movies, for those unaware of the series, the old wreck of the Yamato is secretly converted into a modern 23rd century space-battleship and launched to save Earth and to fight Earth's enemies.

I voted "Yamato". That thing could actually do considerable damage in a relatively short time period. It may have been only as big as an iCutter, but it had far more firepower than any player-ownable ship in ED - let's say nine class 5 railguns... on turrets! Then there's the primary weapon, which is like this class 20 plasma accelerator. As well as fighter bays, missile launchers, torpedos, point-defense and small laser turrets galore. A full broadside from the SBS Yamato could vaporize an enemy carrier in seconds. As for the opposition, not only do they not have any shields, but have you actually seen ED capital ships fight? They might look big and impressive but they're pathetically underpowered for their size. They take ages to destroy even a tiny little attacking ship, never mind a rival capital ship.

Ugh... so it's THE space battleship Yamato. Well, ED capitals were already losing against real one; in this case they don't stand the slightest chance :)

SBB Yamato has an engagement envelope measured in tens of Megametres - the Farragut/Majestic is in trouble before it even gets close...

Would you not think that even a sidewinder with a class 1 beam laser would slice through her hull like red hot cheese wire through butter?

Especially with engineer upgrades :)

Think the old explosive weapons may start to bounce off such deep armor plating, but heat weapons, and especially HUGE plasma accelerator globs would just disintegrate the poor girl where she stood.

You'd have to agree it would look g amazing though..

Hell even I'd grind Independent ranks for her! (I assume the independents would be the ones!)

space_battleship_yamato_by_voyager3-d63ya5j.jpg

PS, Yamato would be unsinkable in space! trolololol :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom