Space game retro tastic

Does any one remember playing this or what is going on?

88530-captain-blood-atari-st-screenshot-torka-l-arche.png

Captain blood Atari ST

Last edited:
Does any one remember playing this or what is going on?

88530-captain-blood-atari-st-screenshot-torka-l-arche.png

Captain blood Atari ST
Utterly bizarre game that I played on the ZX Spectrum and later on the Amiga - the game tasked you to destroy 5 clones of yourself and to do this you travelled to planets, flew down to the surface and along a cool looking canyon landscape thing until you met an alien. You’d then try to communicate using symbols to get clues about other planets.

You could blow up the planets, too.

I used to enjoy the flying parts but never got very far figuring out what to say to the aliens. Probably a game I should revisit one of these days.

I did have a spectrum, never came across this strange looking thing. I used to like a space game called codename matt. Cant remember if that was spectrum or amiga. We had the atari that the cartridges slotted in the top of. My brother won a few hundred quid on the football pools and bought us in. When the crap joysticks broke my brilliant dad made us one out of microswitches in and old can. It was the superior joystick that me and my brother argued over. Wish my old dad had made us one each.

Captain Blood was brilliant, played it to death.
There was one really annoying section where you had to shoot these wriggling things inside a brain if I remember correctly and it was just bloody impossible!

The game had a very surreal vibe and there hadn't really been anything like it before.
French software company wasn't it?

Top Bottom