General / Off-Topic Space in the time of Corona...

That’s one industry that’s alright then... 😉

Firstly, apologies for derailing the thread the other day when it was in Dangerous Discussion. I needed to speak with some commanders, frustration and anxiety being felt at the time, but didn’t go about it the right way.

Secondly, I’ll be hitting up ELITE whenever I can, especially if I isolate. Targeting Sag A on my current exploration trip...

o7 one and all.

Good luck Cmdr and give your news in the coming days.
Thanks Patrick :) I got a negative result for Covid 19, positive for Influenza A. On a normal day it would be weird to be happy about being told I have an infectious disease, but now it's good to know why I was feeling so lousy, and that I didn't pass something worse on to someone else. I'm pretty much fully back to normal now.

At least I had a lot of time these past 2 weeks to work on my explorer rating.

I hope you all are staying safe. Look after yourselves, and one another.

Coni

Thanks Patrick :) I got a negative result for Covid 19, positive for Influenza A. On a normal day it would be weird to be happy about being told I have an infectious disease, but now it's good to know why I was feeling so lousy, and that I didn't pass something worse on to someone else. I'm pretty much fully back to normal now.

At least I had a lot of time these past 2 weeks to work on my explorer rating.

I hope you all are staying safe. Look after yourselves, and one another.

Coni
Very good news.

Always nice to hear that Covid 19 did not hit in a person.

Fly safe ! Cmdr

:)

I came across this video on YouTube from the funny-haha-and-funny-peculiar-named CMDR Crunch Buttsteak, simply called "Self-Isolation".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DVtQ4An3oU

From the title I sort of expected some wistful words of wisdom about playing the game while under the current shutdown, or maybe some clips of progress made and places explored whilst playing to pass some of the extra time which most of us seem to have on our hands right now. Instead, it's nearly 9 minutes of a parked SRV amidst an enveloping planetary soundscape, and even though the volume is quite faint, it's really very beautiful.

The first time I experienced this was just a few months ago, when I landed in a crater inside a crater inside an even bigger crater on a small oddly-shaped rock in one of the Praea systems around 1,700ly from Sol. As a setting star sank behind a mound of rock and gradually cast my ship into an orange-tinted shadow, the sounds were so monumentally weird and wonderful that it made me wonder had I landed on some version of the Planet of Dinosaurs. The intermittent crunching, booming, cracking, hooting and whistling sounds were occasionally accompanied by faint strains of atmospheric music from the in-game soundtrack, and I sat parked on that rock with headphones on for almost an hour just unwinding and getting lost in all that beautiful noise.

Since then I've turned this into a new hobby. I've noticed that different locations I have been to seem to have different sounds, though I don't know how many variations there are or whether specific sound patterns are unique to specific types of planet. Whatever, if anyone is looking for something to do, or needs some way to chill out amidst all of the madness going on around us, go exploring, discover a new planetary body somewhere, park your ship, and settle down, and imagine you're hearing the music of Mother Nature at that location.

o7 to you all. As CMDR Buttsteak says, "Stay safe, be well and we'll get through this."

Coni

Top Bottom