Game Discussions Space Legs done... just not in Elite Dangerous

If you are keen to repair your ship yourself (or build it from scratch) try Starmade...
Also as much multi-crew and space legs as you can take. :) It's a really nice game, not even joking.
Definitely also not Minecraft in Space. Just have a look at some videos. Someone built a Victory Class Star Destroyer there!

At this point why not just play Space Engineers. You can build your ship from scratch, destroy it in a freak accident, and repair it. But not like "hold E to repair" repair it. Rebuild it piece by piece manually. Making sure you make modifications to your original flawed design :)

That looks 15 years old. Playstation 3 graphics.

If you look at early subnautica stuff it was all very crude placeholders as they nailed the gameplay before bothering to adding the shiny, and it turned out really well. They also didn't need to adapt the shiny to fit all the changes they had to make along the way.

The opposite of that is star citizen where you start with high fidelity ships and then fail at adding anything else. With ED you can see the ships were put together with space-feet in mind from day one as they are large enough to wander about in, which again wasn't the case for SC hence the ships with tiny little crawl spaces inside them where your bum clips through the hull.

Gameplay first works.

only seen 1st video so far but IF FD went that way with ED new era I would be very very happy, so long as the npc crew were reasonable quality - esp when leveled up - and that multiplayer was not a practical necessity to play the game.

The game itsself is interesting but may not be for me, i like my flying games 1st person with hotas (and in VR)

but the legs part and the ships crew, and the raiding derelict stuff..... hell yes!.... but then I thought hellion started off looking really promising (aside from the PvP stuff) and equally would love space legs like that in ED, but look how that turned out.

That's one hell of an achievement for one person. They deserve some success. My major concern with solo devs is that they don't burn themselves out like the chap doing Limit Theory did.

It's not a game that appeals to me however, as I prefer to play with myself (ahem), and if FDev introduced this level of 'detail' in ship management, then I'd uninstall it. Boarding other ships for salvage looks like fun but I'm afraid that I just don't trust FDev to make it fun, not when they could make it a tedious time sink. ymmv

Last edited:
All the power to that developer, game looks good. :)

But, after what happened with Rogue System, i will pass all "one man" developed games, no matter how good they initially might be.
For those who dont know a quick run down: developer of Rogue System suffered a head injury and the development of RS has been on hold since, 2 years now and its unlikely that the development will ever continue, leaving RS unfinished. :(

Top Bottom