Space Legs: what exactly would we use them for?

Ah, yes, changing your argument to "win", and being selective about what I said as well.

I have no problem with "space legs" as Content, but what you are talking about isn't content, it is merely a time sink.

FPS for missions, for actual exploration, etc would be nice. FPS to walk to the menu while looking at random station architecture detracts from the game play in the long term because you won't keep doing the "ooh and ahhh" about the pretty. That means that you are asking for a huge chunk of dev time for a throw away effect that I believe will eventually become something most people do not want.

If you don't believe me, and you obviously don't, try looking at the Fallout series. The distance travel merely shows your dot moving on the map until you either arrive or have a random encounter. You don't spend a half an hour trodding through the desert going, Ooooh, a new cactus!

Even most of the MMOs have teleport/travel mechanisms in place to avoid having to slog your way through the terrain.

That said, if Frontier wants to implement this, I ask for an option to turn it off because I perceive it as wasted time.

You're so hung up on your same simplified argument that you would find a reason for black to be white, You've just admitted that FPS missions would be fun and exploration first person would be fun, but you're grinding about an example I gave that didn't appeal to you, and that is putting on your own blinkers, the example I gave is OBVIOUSLY not the only thing that could be done with legs, all you need to do is get off that ridiculous blind high horse of your and think of what it could bring instead of constantly focussing on your own negativity.

I did not Change my argument I widen'd it for you, I'll widen it for you again, suppose you sit in your ship and pay off your bounty and or pick up a mission to deliver something, I meanwhile walk to the bar meet with a contact and get given a job/task to do to rid myself of my bounty and while I'm at it, I strike a better deal with the local faction for some rare goods that haven't been offered to you for the same mission delivering the same junk that you are... my way is more interesting to me, you can sit in your cockpit looking at menu's if you like I'd rather walk down the ramp, and while I'm in the bar I'll look through the window at the vista and go oooohh ahhh!

You note there I don't have to walk anywhere I chose to, but just like in your example of fallout You won't benefit from the random encounter if you 'Fast travel' you also won't get a better deal if you sit in your pit.
But this probably wouldn't suit you because I guess you'd want the deals on you screens too because...

I would personally HATE if space legs were used for first person tactical espionage style gameplay, where you're sneaking about. It seems like space legs would be awkward with HOTAS. It might be fun walking around the ship, or looking at the ship from outside, to see how big it looks, but space legs aren't that big a deal.

You note there I don't have to walk anywhere I chose to, but just like in your example of fallout You won't benefit from the random encounter if you 'Fast travel' you also won't get a better deal if you sit in your pit.
But this probably wouldn't suit you because I guess you'd want the deals on you screens too because...

Hate to tell you, but the Fast Travel mechanic worked against your skills to determine random encounters, so if you didn't get random encounters, you had your, I think, Survival skill high enough that your character was avoiding them.

That aside, what you proposed in your last post IS changing your argument because that is not what was being suggested. On the other hand, finding a random person in the bar who gives you a mission to clear a bounty makes no sense, but, hey...

Duh-Winning-55132393261.png

Hate to tell you, but the Fast Travel mechanic worked against your skills to determine random encounters, so if you didn't get random encounters, you had your, I think, Survival skill high enough that your character was avoiding them.

That aside, what you proposed in your last post IS changing your argument because that is not what was being suggested. On the other hand, finding a random person in the bar who gives you a mission to clear a bounty makes no sense, but, hey...

Are you still here?
Your mind is making things up and believing them, I did not mention a 'random person' I said contact!

Last time I played Fallout 3 I walked everywhere, and I got attacked and if I survived I got to keep their junk, if I fast travelled town to town I got nothing... is that difficult for you to understand?

Your ability to post a picture impresses me no end... but I fail to see it's relevance.

I'll allow you the last words because I can't be bothered with your petty views playground arguments any further
Bye!

At what point does a game about starships become Daley Thompson in Space???:)

Obviously joystick waggling would be the mechanism for any 1st person minigame.

"Use L & R on the stick to throttle your Black Market Contact to increase your discount, but go too hard or too slow and (s)he'll asphyxiate or escape!"

"Play the rhythm game and align your maguffins on your Jump Drive to squeeze out some extra range - but beware too many mistakes and your fusion reactor might go critical!"

"Use the dance mat and webcam to trick out your CMDRs hacking ability, but be careful the zero G doesn't cause you to lose your head - literally!"

Actually that sounds kinda fun.

Top Bottom