Space legs wouldn't have to be useless

The sheer scale of EDs spaces will make walking to X and Y a total chore after a while. I wonder how soon players will ask for a fast travel option, or simply use the menu?
The fast travel option is the ship. It takes what, 2 minutes to go around an entire planet? The srv is also pretty fast.

The fast travel option is the ship. It takes what, 2 minutes to go around an entire planet? The srv is also pretty fast.

I'm talking about simply walking inside your ship, or doing something as simple as walking on a docking pad. L pads are like football fields, if everything is to that scale then you'll be running / and running / running all the time. Its the equivalent of StarCitizens helmet flip in its early videos: looks cool but after a while you just want to get on with things.

I'm talking about simply walking inside your ship, or doing something as simple as walking on a docking pad. L pads are like football fields, if everything is to that scale then you'll be running / and running / running all the time. Its the equivalent of StarCitizens helmet flip in its early videos: looks cool but after a while you just want to get on with things.

But your ship won't be totally hollow - if we look at the bigger ships, the cockpit/bridge placement suggests that the bulk of the front and rear are pretty well going to be just internal stuff you can't walk through.

Big ships are, uh, very big though. The sense of scale while you're in them is harder to get, but they're huge. Nobody's ever seen such a big ship. Everyone says they're the biggest.

But your ship won't be totally hollow - if we look at the bigger ships, the cockpit/bridge placement suggests that the bulk of the front and rear are pretty well going to be just internal stuff you can't walk through.

Big ships are, uh, very big though. The sense of scale while you're in them is harder to get, but they're huge. Nobody's ever seen such a big ship. Everyone says they're the biggest.

An Anaconda has areas right at the front that must have access going all the way through the ship- and thats a football field. But I'm more concerned about stations when you land, L pad is 1 football field, the area inside a docking pad is a vertical city on its own. In an SRV its not so bad as then you have a Mako / Mass Effect roving exploration going on- but unless you have content to back it up thats foot exclusive you are simply duplicating SRV stuff again.

My one big worries about space legs is, that they implement exactly one kind of gameplay there: pew pew.

There are enough good FPS out there, where the game is all about running around and shooting at things. I just disbelieve that EDs space legs can really compete with the good ones. There's too much of other game to work and improve, a sole focus on a new first person shooter mode would do no good.

So I actually hope the FD doesn't waste time and resources on building yet another FPS, but rather focus on other aspects. All in all, I personally mostly would hope that space legs give the game some social aspect which the "everybody is glued to the chair" gameplay just doesn't provide.

Last edited:
Top Bottom