Space Sounds

the ingame sound effects are nice, and it add to the game elements of submersion.
But Space is void, and there is no sound in real life that can travel through it.
so, it would be nice if we have the option to alter that for the sake of space simulation.

suggestion:
1- add an option in audio setting to turn off/on the space sounds like other ships engines or explosions or other ships guns sounds, this should add to the simulation of a real life space.
2- instead of other ships engine, weapons and jumping sounds, you can add an ingame notification that plays through the helmet to notify the pilot of it.
2- the sounds of my own ship is fine "Engin, weapons, systems and whatever collide with your ship" , since it travels through the ship body and the cockpit space, but it should be off in case of a breached cockpit.

thanks.

Just sounds boring.
Where’s the fun in that even if it’s ultra real.
How about if you get killed you have to buy the game again. That’s an incentive and more realistic.

the ingame sound effects are nice, and it add to the game elements of submersion.
But Space is void, and there is no sound in real life that can travel through it.
so, it would be nice if we have the option to alter that for the sake of space simulation.

suggestion:
1- add an option in audio setting to turn off/on the space sounds like other ships engines or explosions or other ships guns sounds, this should add to the simulation of a real life space.
2- instead of other ships engine, weapons and jumping sounds, you can add an ingame notification that plays through the helmet to notify the pilot of it.
2- the sounds of my own ship is fine "Engin, weapons, systems and whatever collide with your ship" , since it travels through the ship body and the cockpit space, but it should be off in case of a breached cockpit.

thanks.
I couldn't make the out quite, say again?

Maybe my mate HAL can read your lips, would you mind looking at the camera?

Last edited:
I'm just saying the option to turn off/on external sounds won't harm anyone, instead it will satisfy both teams, those in favor and those who don't.

Sounds in the voids are in fact a Fabrication of some synthesizer, as an indicator for stuff and so people don't go mad. there are always thread about making it optional, in fact the latest is still on this page. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/430951-Disabling-the-sound-fabrication-computer-on-your-ship
thanks, i did not know its been discussed before.

Top Bottom