SPEAR have abandoned Deciat. Watch yourselves out there CMDRs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't really say that we Reapers are salty. We're having a great time with everything, even if the cards turn against us.

Besides, what other squadron-help or hindering aside- inspires people to drop what they're doing to get to Colonia?

Yeah a lot of you are taking this well, Phisto seems to be in full "bring it on" mode, I like that attitude, no matter what. But I also kinda like that Spear are largely just getting on with it & not engaging in propaganda.

There's a careful balance going on here. It is just a game, but the things that happen in game are not always devoid of out of game context.

A high profile member of SPEAR admitted to targeting the player behind a CMDR and not the CMDR itself. When criticized for this position, they offered no additional comment and were defended by additional high profile SPEAR members. My commenting was prolific and pointed.

That's all well and good. Adversarial debate is healthy for all of us.

However mere days later said high profile members and a significant amount of their allies were at my in-game doorstep specifically calling me out as the reason they are there. This is not embellishment. This is not twisting facts. This is a straight reading of what really happened. There is no other meaningful interpretation to this series of events. Of course, SPEAR is welcome to comment on a public thread but they fact they haven't is damning.

Considering the history of SPEAR and what they stand for I'm not surprised the OP was posted and that others have commented as they have. Of course many of them are my friends in game and out, but it's up to SPEAR to defend themselves. Not us.

Without equivocation Elite is a game and as far as our side of the conflict goes it's all for fun. Does that mean we won't call out toxic attitudes? Of course not. Darkness abhors the light. But at the end of the day we are in on the joke.

Phisto, I'm not a fighter, I'm a racer. In racing there is a saying: When the flag drops, the biowaste stops.

I bet you know plenty of griefers & I'm pretty sure you condone or look the other way to analogous behaviour.

Doing anything to help the Kardashians is a criminal act by itself, unless it's involved in butt-reduction surgeries ;)
bm.jpg

Think carefully now... :ROFLMAO:

Well you seem to be part of the 'salty' group I was referring to.

It's just a game, flying spaceships with guns on them. At some point somebody's probably going to shoot at you, for any reason or no reason at all. It's fun ;) And easily avoided.
I'll take that as compliment then. But you've been asserting I'm salty and butt hurt from the get go by asking simple questions. Awfully defensive as well.

That it is...That it is indeed.

When it is, followed up with complaints. Ask CMDR Tony.
I have to say, in Idiot Savant's defense, when he first join the forums he was very salty, posting all the usual "gankers are bullies" kind of stuff. But since then has become much more understanding of us, our role in the game and that we're not actually bad people.

Without getting too sappy, I'm proud of you, Savant.

The Reapers and I were actually having a conversation in voice chat last night, how crazy it is that many of you that used to just call us names, have come leaps and bounds in not only becoming understanding of us, but people we can actually call friends now.

Last edited:
when he first join the forums he was very salty, posting all the usual "gankers are bullies" kind of stuff.
Oh no no. I was giving my circumstance and why I don't play in open. I was bullied (in the game). My response right or wrong (I did try to evade and somewhat did so but we know I could have done things different now...water under the bridge I hope). You on the other hand I find to be a more rare exception to the rule and have come to appreciate your advice and help and belief system. I think even CMDR Lehman mocked me a bit too. I never believed all were bad. I do have a great dislike to griefing for the sake of it. I can appreciate PvP for those that want it. I have also said I would totally take my licks if I am in one of my combat vessels in Open. I'm cool with that.

Oh man..Sappy...

What happens after 90 days? Do they melt? Go back to Amazon?

I was trying to work out if Mr Foyle had meant "90 day-housewives," or "90-day housewives," which to me are very different things.

I would imagine they are a little different to Mormons too, and other polygamists.

Still not sure what happens after the time runs out though....?!

I was trying to work out if Mr Foyle had meant "90 day-housewives," or "90-day housewives," which to me are very different things.

I would imagine they are a little different to Mormons too, and other polygamists.

Still not sure what happens after the time runs out though....?!

Are there sixty minute husbands? Ten minute cats?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom