SPEAR "leader" need pilots to fight for him...?

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator

• By the rules of this forum, is that not naming and shaming ? Please moderators. Or the rules are different when it's the spyware creator friend ?

Accusations of forum moderation bias to get action for your side of the dispute? That'll work well.

If you read the forum rules (!) they simple state that naming and shaming isn't allowed. A little bit of history about that rule might help you understand.

Back in the day... random people would come onto the forums, make a post that accused another player of cheating and provide no proof, or post a video claiming that it proved their point. The only way to get action on an accustion of cheating is to provide support with evidence, ansd that is not to be done through the forums, but through the official channels.Ttherefore it was decided that all such posts would not be tolerated and the rule was created.

I see no accusation of cheating in that list of names.

If you wish to carry your inter-group squabbles onto the forum and air your dirty laundry in plain view for all to see, go ahead. Just, don't expect them to be met with much sympathy - for either side.

Keep posts to the forum rules please, and don't try to drag the forum moderation team into your spat.

What are these exploits that people are using that I keep hearing about?

I get the fighting in Private Game criticism. Not really an exploit though.

I heard Code or Spear (or hell BOTH) was picking the wrong side, to intentionally leave the CZ because leaving a CZ negatively affects the side you join?

Deleted member 192138

D

I heard Code or Spear (or hell BOTH) was picking the wrong side, to intentionally leave the CZ because leaving a CZ negatively affects the side you join?
Hmm, I guess to explain what exploits were used and say who was using them I'd be breaching the naming and shaming rules so I guess use your imagination to figure out who's pointing fingers where and why.

I've heard it all before: Heal beams, SLF usage, premium ammo, crimes on? I'm sure there's more.

salesman-and-customers-at-handbag-display-in-outdoor-market-firenze-A040JK.jpg

^ How this thread makes me feel.

Akuma
Since we have stated that we will use broken mechanics constantly, we have left the outlaws with two options. use broken mechanics themselves, or ignore us completely. Code have choose the second option. As we're not capable of thinking until tomorow, we have not predicted that this would lead to us having nobody to play with and we are now very bored. So as protecting the innocent was never our true goal, we choose to harass, gank and attack code bgs to force them to play with us, because we are, in fact, griefers

This is how I read this and the other threats too. It looks like somebody got upset that others didn't wanted to play with them anymore and are now going around interfering with everything they do. This describes exactly what FDev sees as harassment and as we all know they take that very seriously. Right now Spear look like the worst kind of griefers to anyone on the outside.
Spear, the collective or whatever they call it, should take a step back and reflect on their latest actions and if this is the way they want to be seen by others. Hiding behind the lawful moniker isn't going to cut it as actions speak louder than any badge. They also need to hire a new PR person, the latest threats were all dumpster fires, starting with the Deciat/Orrere, the ganker/spear alliance PvP league, and now this one. What are they going to do now that noobs and unaffiliated CMDRs go to Riedquat to help liberate the system and bring it inline with the lore?

As Bigmaec said the game needs both sides and a lot of fun can be had if the egos are left at the main menu. When Fuego was in Colonia it was fun for everybody involved, chasing, being chased, organic and arranged fights. Also Slange's attitude is something that more lawful CMDRs should try to emulate. I even build a srb rails FdL after I saw her raving everywhere about it. I'm total useless with it, but I see the appeal and try to gg with it.

Hmm, I guess to explain what exploits were used and say who was using them I'd be breaching the naming and shaming rules so I guess use your imagination to figure out who's pointing fingers where and why.

Okay, but you could give some examples of exploits without naming names though.

I've heard it all before: Heal beams, SLF usage, premium ammo, crimes on? I'm sure there's more.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-29_at_3.35.06_PM.jpg

Deleted member 192138

D
Okay, but you could give some examples of exploits without naming names though.
The most common one I've seen: if the CZ event finishes and someone doesn't leave instance (even if they're 20km away from the centre of the CZ) it won't be able to reset for the next person to drop in, because the event instance is held as completed. This becomes a significant disruption if one group is on principle trying to operate only in open and the opposing group has no qualms about doing most of their activity in PG.

The most common one I've seen: if the CZ event finishes and someone doesn't leave instance (even if they're 20km away from the centre of the CZ) it won't be able to reset for the next person to drop in, because the event instance is held as completed. This becomes a significant disruption if one group is on principle trying to operate only in open and the opposing group has no qualms about doing most of their activity in PG.
Honestly, someone doing that on purpose is pretty much abusing a quirk of the instancing mechanics to disrupt the game for other people. It should be considered an expoit and treated accordingly.

Anything a lowly explorer turret scrub can lend a hand with before I head on the DSSA expedition? I love a good anarchy system.

Code also has surface scans, and data hauling during the conflict, if you're not against these types of missions, it sure adds a +.

This conflict is pretty great, tbf. Everyone is satisfied with their achievements, code has taken a massive lead, and surely claiming victory on tick 5, spear is.. on the metrics they have always cared about, doing exceptionally well (whatever that means), and the rest of the lawfuls and outlaws are just generally happy with the PvP mayhem. I got my daily allowance of imperial blood too, which was damn near a perfect coincidence. If only the network wouldn't sht the bed once there are more than eight cmdrs in a cz..

Top Bottom