SPEAR "leader" need pilots to fight for him...?

Deleted member 192138

D
"Plausible deniability" see, more two word responses. I'll leave it up to the audience (who long since stopped caring) to interpret the meaning from that one.

There is no plan. Whatever happened to blaze your own path? i.e. I'll play the game my way no matter how it disrupts other players. I'm just an observer here and I don't speak for spear but its interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. Give them a taste of their own medicine and all that jazz. If I were tempted to delve into griefing for awhile, I wouldn't grief helpless noobs, maybe I would go after a group of known gankers just for the fun of it.

There is a fine line between blockading a system and following somebody around with the aim to disrupt their game. The 2nd is harassment in FDevs eyes, same as stream sniping. Also anybody playing lawful and is looking for community support should play in a style that represents that or you undermine your own image. Of course you could play Judge Dredd style, but don't be surprised is the masses support the other side.
Anyways, I pick up my rum mug and salute the Code for liberating Riedquat and for an awesome community made and driven CG. To bad the local dictatorship thinks they own Colonia, if not I would have taken the "Sidewinder Express" back to the bubble.

"Anarchism, to me, means not only the denial of authority, not only a new economy, but a revision of the principles of morality. It means the development of the individual as well as the assertion of the individual. It means self-responsibility, and not leader worship." Voltairine de Cleyre

Deleted member 192138

D
Also anybody playing lawful and is looking for community support should play in a style that represents that or you undermine your own image. Of course you could play Judge Dredd style, but don't be surprised is the masses support the other side.
Are you kidding? Judge Dredd style would be amazing roleplay content. But here's the kicker - Judge Dredd doesn't pretend he's a good guy. He knows exactly what he is.

Are you kidding? Judge Dredd style would be amazing roleplay content. But here's the kicker - Judge Dredd doesn't pretend he's a good guy. He knows exactly what he is.
Yeah, imagine if I went on a spree in Deciat or something and posted up a big list of all my kills by name, and expected to be praised for my glorious prowess. I'd be laughed at, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Yeah, imagine if I went on a spree in Deciat or something and posted up a big list of all my kills by name, and expected to be praised for my glorious prowess. I'd be laughed at, and rightfully so.
The key is to only post your number of kills per hour. Leave out the names and you're golden.

To be fair, it's easier to be a bad guy and just blow up everybody, than be a lawful guy, hunt only gankers (who know what they do anyways), usually underequipped due to 'needing' a KWS, propably even a wake scanner, and due to the fact that the bad guys mostly have the numerical superiority, except when they don't, and then call out the lawfuls on being treated unfair.
Life as an enforcer isn't easy.

To be fair, it's easier to be a bad guy and just blow up everybody, than be a lawful guy, hunt only gankers (who know what they do anyways), usually underequipped due to 'needing' a KWS, propably even a wake scanner, and due to the fact that the bad guys mostly have the numerical superiority, except when they don't, and then call out the lawfuls on being treated unfair.
Life as an enforcer isn't easy.

If some of the more moralistic scruples were dropped it could be a lot easier - and fun!

Deleted member 192138

D
Always love it when people whinge about crimes on. Accept that if you're going to fire on clean ships you're going to get wanted, or don't fire on clean ships.
If people are PvPers looking for PvP it's a courtesy not to have crimes on regardless of where you sit on the lawful/outlaw divide. Not least because if you're looking to prove yourself in PvP then bringing an NPC assist undercuts that. Also because if you want good fights with good opponents, getting them sent to a detention centre really doesn't make anyone want to fight you. If someone is a PvPer that regularly brings NPC support they get a bad reputation and people avoid fighting them unless they're gonna get a cheap gank on them.

If someone is out ganking clean traders etc they expect crimes to be on and generally won't complain because that's part of the game at play.

They're different situations. Most PvPers don't give a about roleplay, they're looking for good fights so crimes on interrupts that. Gankers don't give a about roleplay but they also don't give a about crimes.

If people are PvPers looking for PvP it's a courtesy not to have crimes on regardless of where you sit on the lawful/outlaw divide. Not least because if you're looking to prove yourself in PvP then bringing an NPC assist undercuts that. Also because if you want good fights with good opponents, getting them sent to a detention centre really doesn't make anyone want to fight you. If someone is a PvPer that regularly brings NPC support they get a bad reputation and people avoid fighting them unless they're gonna get a cheap gank on them.

If someone is out ganking clean traders etc they expect crimes to be on and generally won't complain because that's part of the game at play.

They're different situations. Most PvPers don't give a poopoo about roleplay, they're looking for good fights so crimes on interrupts that. Gankers don't give a poopoo about roleplay but they also don't give a poopoo about crimes.
And this is why I support places like San Tu staying as anarchies. One thing I'm waiting to come out of carriers is for someone to find a decent uninhabited system with some really good rings, preferably with a memorable name rather than the alphabet soup that some procgen systems have, and park up there as a pvp hub that can never be taken away by BGS.

Edit: I suppose you'd have to trust the owners of the carriers not to yeet you off to the coalsack nebula while you're asleep though..

Top Bottom