Speculation of new dinosaurs from a hypothetical “Camp Cretaceous” free update

06.8.2020, (THE CASE IS CLOSED!)

(Read the comments section below for more update news)

Through out Jurassic World Evolution’s post launch state, there have been at least two publicity stunts as free updates to the game. These stunts weren’t for the game itself, but for their respective newly releasing tying-in shows.

In 2018, shortly after the launch of the game, there was the Fallen Kingdom Update which introduced six free new dinosaurs species that were introduced in JW:FK: Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Indoraptor, Sinoceratops, and Stygimoloch.
Then, a year after in 2019, came the Battle at Big Rock Update which introduced one free new species introduced in the eight minute short film of the same name: The Nasutoceratops.

As you can see, there’s a pattern here. A pattern which seems to happen once every year when something new and major is coming out for the JP franchise, always introducing free on-screen dinosaur species introduced in their respective shows not present in the game at their respective times. For example: Battle at Big Rock focuses on two species: Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops. However, because the Allosaurus was already introduced into the game over a year before, there was no need for its introduction in the update again, while the Nasutoceratops wasn’t in the game at the time and thus was a good candidate species for introduction to the game for the free coinciding update.

Chances are there will be another free update for this year for a new big installment deal for the franchise, and I think maybe I know what it might be. And I say maybe because it’s pretty different from the previous shows, and there’s a chance it may not have any species the game may not have at the time area of its targeted release.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
A CGI animated TV show scheduled to launch on Netflix sometime this year.

This following information below is meant to be nothing more than mere speculation, and thus should not be taken as fact or as an indicator to get your hopes hype high in case something becomes irrelevant overtime!!!

There are a few good reasons I have as to why I think Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous may be that next targeted publicity stunt free update for JWE.

One, it’s an upcoming major series for the franchise.
Two, even though it’s a fully animated series, the first official teaser trailer for it has teased what the dinosaurs in the show (as of now, the Velociraptor) will look like and feel. They look like they could belong in the live action films themselves, albeit without too much photorealism, which is to be expected from a full fledged animated show, but still perfect enough for making any kind of new species from the show to be added in the game to look almost exactly alike from the show in-game. You can see it in the teaser trailer video below.
Third and lastly, it has been confirmed by content creator, Chris Pugh of the fan-made unofficial Jurassic Park franchise fan forums, Jurassic Outpost, that there will be “new on-screen species” added into the TV show, saying that some of them will be marketed in Mattel’s upcoming Jurassic World toy line, Primal Attack (one of the few toy lines with built-in scan codes that bring them to life, as well as unlocking subsequent trivial information about the dinosaurs, in the Jurassic World Facts app), accordingly when he visited the San Diego Comic Con event last Summer where Mattel showcased their projects via previews and teasers, verbally connecting, again, some of their toys from that line to be associated with the animated Netflix TV show itself.

If (and only if) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous will indeed have any new on-screen species of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures Jurassic World Evolution will not have at the closing time of the show’s approaching release date, this would be a logical way to promote it in the game, like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Battle at Big Rock before it.

Mattel’s associated toy line, Primal Attack, does indeed include species not present on-screen. Could any of them be some of the “new species” to be part of Camp Cretaceous? Maybe, but only maybe. If so, what are those non-on-screen species present in the scheduled toy line?

Thanks to the Jurassic World Facts app itself, I was able to get a (so far) full confirmed released roster. Keep in mind however that this list below does not include all of the teased/revealed Primal Attack dinosaurs as shown through Chris's images and descriptions. Chances are either more of those dinosaurs will be release in the following months and some of them may have been ultimately cut.
In alphabetical order, they are:

1. Callovosaurus (Europe)
2. Cryolophosaurus (Antarctica)
3. Gasosaurus (Asia)
4. Minmi (Australia)
5. Ornitholestes (North America)
6. Postosuchus (North America)
7. Rhamphorynchus (Europe)
7. Sarcosuchus (Africa and South America)
8. Tapejara (South America)
9. Tarbosaurus (Asia)

While I do think some of these above have potential to be in the show and the game at the same time, it isn’t without skepticism.

The species who’s toys have appeared in previous lines I kinda doubt will appear in the show like the Minmi and Tapejara, because they’re based on designs from species that didn’t have an on-screen counterpart like some of the Fallen Kingdom marketed toys. The Sarcosuchus, while definitely a cool sounding edition, I’m not sure how exactly they would be able to introduce it into the game, as there’s no current possible way for anything to swim, but if it does appear in the show, then it’s gotta be part of the update, somehow. Pterosaurs I have strong doubts because the current Aviary is DLC exclusive, and if a future JW style aviary is to be added, I would best guess for it to be DLC exclusive, unless it is some how made it in a free update, and there’s no telling when the show will be released.

Remember, this is only speculation and should not be taken beyond that, as these a chance that none or some of the listed above may not appear in the show and, as a result, may not appear in the hypothetical free update or anything related to Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous for the game. Still, what do you guys think about all this?

Last edited:
Gasosaurus? Callovosaurus? What's with these obscure, unremarkable choices? I mean, I'd understand it it they were interesting and unique, but things like these and others like Segisaurus, Proceratosaurus and Metriacanthosaurus are literally nothing special...

On a side note, some of these revealed toys are actually repaints of older toys... in particular, the Ramphorynchus and Minmi are definitely old, and the Tapajara may be a repaint as well...

Bold of you to assume it will be free
Wouldn't be the first time they gave us free dinosaurs as part of a promotion... JW:FK Pack, the Nasutoceratops... for all we know they could do it again for Camp Cretaceous...

Last edited:
On a side note, some of these revealed toys are actually repaints of older toys... in particular, the Ramphorynchus and Minmi are definitely old, and the Tapajara may be a repaint as well...
Something which I tried to explain, but you explained it in another detail I didn't explain (but thought of) as to why I'm skeptical on their inclusion for this subject, so thank you for that.

Last edited:
I'd say it's more likely that one or two recurring dinosaurs would be more likely than a full-fledged paid DLC for everything shown (If there's an antagonist they bump into regularly or even if there's a dinosaur that magically becomes their friend). That said, there might only be a few new dinos in the series.

There's also the fact that the Nasutoceratops and Fallen Kingdom stuff are ILM models, so if the series ends up having a significantly different art style from the teaser, then it's a bit more work on Frontier's part.

If Sarcosuchus was in the series, I don't think it'd get to the game, that said it would be more straightforward to do than the Pteranodon was.

In recent times, Mattel Inc., the company behind the production of the Jurassic World: Primal Attack toyline that is to be associated with the upcoming Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous TV series, has revealed more of what they've been up to with the toyline at the New York Toy Fair back in late February, weeks ago.

There, Mattel has revealed more of what the shadow silhouettes from their teasers last year are. Most of them are species already in the game, including the newly revealed Majungasaurus. What is so far confirmed to be in the show that do indeed have action figures for the toy line are character dinosaurs, similar to the character dinos in the Jurassic World trilogy films.

(The information below is what I can best remember posted by Jurassic outpost content creator, Chris Pugh, which was removed from the website for some odd reasons.)
1. Bumpy the baby Ankylosaurus: A companion dinosaur of sorts for the heroes.

2. Toro the Carnotaurus: The carnivore that is said to be terrorizing the heroes throughout the show.

There are also a couple of named Baryonyx toys that I think were said to be part of the show as well: Grim, Limbo, and Chaos.

There are also other revealed species shown within the toy fair that none were fully so far confirmed to be in the show. I'm only going to share what species this game doesn't have at this time. The ones that I've been able to confirm from reliable sources, including the original Jurassic Outpost posting that was removed, are:

1. Scutosaurus (Europe)
2. Alioramus (Asia)
3. Mussaurus (South America)
4. Plesiosaurus (Europe)
5. Monolophosaurus (Asia)
8. Siats Meekerorum (North America)
7. Irritator (South America) Admittedly, like a couple of people on the internet, I thought this could've been an Ichthyovenator because of the space between the back and tail. But this was done so the tail can have space to move around, just like how their previous Suchomimus figure made space on the sail between the back and tail.

However, I do have a lot of problems with these non-in-game dinosaur species though.
First off, the Monoplosaurus, the Plesiosaurus, the Mussaurus, and even another Sarcosuchus are just repaints of existing models that came before, and there's just something really off about why they would reuse a model for something that is to appear on-screen that would certainly look different from the toy models. If you look at the Battle at Big Rock Allosaurus toy from the Dino Rivals toy line, it was designed to look similar to what was shown on screen, and they would most likely do the same here, wouldn't they? The other main dinos that did already have film appearances like the Raptors, Rexes, Paras, Stegos, etc, are exceptions when you think about it more.
For the Plesiosaurus itself, I kinda have trouble as to how they would even try to implement it there. The only proper source of saltwater that isn't the sea is the Mosasaurus lagoon. Some on the internet did speculate there will be Plesiosaurus or something similar in the show because of a possible silhouette of such on the gate in the poster concept art, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. For all I know, it could also be just a mere minor decoration detail for the poster because it's just concept art. If it does appear in the show, then there has to be a way for them to include it in there, because there's always a way to do that for anything that will appear anywhere on-screen.

Secondly, some of these, including the ones in the original post above, are pretty irrelevant sounding for proper screen timing for this particular TV show, especially the Siats. The Scutosaurus, being what the creature is as a whole, also adds to why I think this thing may not ever be in the show. But I would be surprised if any of them would indeed be in the show, and if they do, I know they would want to do it right.

Lastly, recent personal research conducts I did showed something that is indeed worth sharing:
Battle at Big Rock was marketed through merchandising via the Dino Rivals toy line. In the Jurassic World Facts app, the software that utilizes most, if not all, of these dinosaur action figures since Fallen Kingdom, categorizes the BaBR Nasutoceratops and Allosaurus under Dino Rivals. They could've categorized them as Battle at Big Rock, but these were still Dino Rivals toys to be so. There's a pretty good chance the Camp Cretaceous toys would do the exact same thing.
Also, to add to my suspicions, is the box packaging.

The Dino Rivals box packaging generally looks like this bellow, particularly with the larger action figures:
jurassic-world-dino-rivals-dual-fig-asst.jpg
And this is what the packaging for the marketing Battle at Big Rock toys through the same exact toy line:
Jurassic-World-Battle-at-Big-Rock-Allosaurus-and-Nasutoceratops-Mattel-Toys.jpg

(As you can see, they promote the respective tying-in show directly on the packaging.)
Where am I getting at with all this, you might ask? Well, if you look at all of the existing released and some of the teased Primal Attack toys (like this released Tarbosaurus toy below), their packaging don't directly promote the show at all in any way.
2020tarbo.jpg
For all I know, from what I can gather and conclude, the toys that would be confirmed to be part of the show would have to directly market Camp Cretaceous itself, logically.

So, the only dinosaurs whose packagings aren't revealed are Scutosaurus, Alioramus, Plesiosaurus, Monolophosaurus, Mussaurus, Irritator, and the repainted Sarcosuchus. But this, including everything else I'm sharing here, doesn't truly mean anything at all. Not yet anyway. Remember, there is still a chance, and I mean a high chance, that Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous may or may not have any new species this game may not have at the time. So whether or not any of these said species above in the comment or the thread post will or will not be in the TV show, and indeed a hypothetical free promotional update, I honestly truly don't know. But, they're still what I believe are worth... well... considering.

But, if there will be look alike skins based on the Camp Cretaceous dino characters, I see this being as part of a special Camp Cretaceous skin DLC, because they are special in that way when you think about it, just like the Raptor Squad skins. It wouldn't make sense if they were part of a free update, because why make those minor look alike character skins free when the big film look alike character skins are part of a charged DLC. Would it? Whether or not they would be part of a coinciding release for Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, or sometime much later after airing, is something else though. Frontier couldn't add the Raptor Squad skins from the beginning because of challenges to keep the characters themselves and their overall visuals unique and cohesive to the game's general purposeful design, but were able to find a way in due time by marketing them as "look alikes", special film audience attracting things for a paid DLC for the resources put into them.

Last edited:
Well given that it is incredibly unlikely that Postosuchus, Rhamphorynchus, Sarcosuchus and Tapejara will appear my bet is on Ornitholestes. It had prominance in the books given it was the thing that kickstarted the second novel.

Attachments

• ornitho.jpg
    ornitho.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 941
Well given that it is incredibly unlikely that Postosuchus, Rhamphorynchus, Sarcosuchus and Tapejara will appear my bet is on Ornitholestes. It had prominance in the books given it was the thing that kickstarted the second novel.
You never know... we all thought pterosaurs weren't going to happen... and then they went and added Pteranodon... although, to be fair, it's more of a decoration than an actual animal.

You never know... we all thought pterosaurs weren't going to happen... and then they went and added Pteranodon... although, to be fair, it's more of a decoration than an actual animal.
All they said was they had "no plans for any" at the time, which doesn't mean "never", because they said their main focus at the time were fixed on the land dinosaurs, as there were so many options for them to go for. Frontier director of this game, Michael Brookes, said in an interview with TheGamingBeaver that if they were going to add pterosaurs in the game, it has to be done right for it.

Last edited:
(Read the comments section below for more update news)

Through out Jurassic World Evolution’s post launch state, there have been at least two publicity stunts as free updates to the game. These stunts weren’t for the game itself, but for their respective newly releasing tying-in shows.

In 2018, shortly after the launch of the game, there was the Fallen Kingdom Update which introduced six free new dinosaurs species that were introduced in JW:FK: Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Indoraptor, Sinoceratops, and Stygimoloch.
Then, a year after in 2019, came the Battle at Big Rock Update which introduced one free new species introduced in the eight minute short film of the same name: The Nasutoceratops.

As you can see, there’s a pattern here. A pattern which seems to happen once every year when something new and major is coming out for the JP franchise, always introducing free on-screen dinosaur species introduced in their respective shows not present in the game at their respective times. For example: Battle at Big Rock focuses on two species: Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops. However, because the Allosaurus was already introduced into the game over a year before, there was no need for its introduction in the update again, while the Nasutoceratops wasn’t in the game at the time and thus was a good candidate species for introduction to the game for the free coinciding update.

Chances are there will be another free update for this year for a new big installment deal for the franchise, and I think maybe I know what it might be. And I say maybe because it’s pretty different from the previous shows, and there’s a chance it may not have any species the game may not have at the time area of its targeted release.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
A CGI animated TV show scheduled to launch on Netflix sometime this year.

This following information below is meant to be nothing more than mere speculation, and thus should not be taken as fact or as an indicator to get your hopes hype high in case something becomes irrelevant overtime!!!

There are a few good reasons I have as to why I think Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous may be that next targeted publicity stunt free update for JWE.

One, it’s an upcoming major series for the franchise.
Two, even though it’s a fully animated series, the first official teaser trailer for it has teased what the dinosaurs in the show (as of now, the Velociraptor) will look like and feel. They look like they could belong in the live action films themselves, albeit without too much photorealism, which is to be expected from a full fledged animated show, but still perfect enough for making any kind of new species from the show to be added in the game to look almost exactly alike from the show in-game. You can see it in the teaser trailer video below.
Third and lastly, it has been confirmed by content creator, Chris Pugh of the fan-made unofficial Jurassic Park franchise fan forums, Jurassic Outpost, that there will be “new on-screen species” added into the TV show, saying that some of them will be marketed in Mattel’s upcoming Jurassic World toy line, Primal Attack (one of the few toy lines with built-in scan codes that bring them to life, as well as unlocking subsequent trivial information about the dinosaurs, in the Jurassic World Facts app), accordingly when he visited the San Diego Comic Con event last Summer where Mattel showcased their projects via previews and teasers, verbally connecting, again, some of their toys from that line to be associated with the animated Netflix TV show itself.

If (and only if) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous will indeed have any new on-screen species of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures Jurassic World Evolution will not have at the closing time of the show’s approaching release date, this would be a logical way to promote it in the game, like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Battle at Big Rock before it.

Mattel’s associated toy line, Primal Attack, does indeed include species not present on-screen. Could any of them be some of the “new species” to be part of Camp Cretaceous? Maybe, but only maybe. If so, what are those non-on-screen species present in the scheduled toy line?

Thanks to the Jurassic World Facts app itself, I was able to get a (so far) full confirmed released roster. Keep in mind however that this list below does not include all of the teased/revealed Primal Attack dinosaurs as shown through Chris's images and descriptions. Chances are either more of those dinosaurs will be release in the following months and some of them may have been ultimately cut.
In alphabetical order, they are:

1. Callovosaurus (Europe)
2. Cryolophosaurus (Antarctica)
3. Gasosaurus (Asia)
4. Minmi (Australia)
5. Ornitholestes (North America)
6. Postosuchus (North America)
7. Rhamphorynchus (Europe)
7. Sarcosuchus (Africa and South America)
8. Tapejara (South America)
9. Tarbosaurus (Asia)

While I do think some of these above have potential to be in the show and the game at the same time, it isn’t without skepticism.

The species who’s toys have appeared in previous lines I kinda doubt will appear in the show like the Minmi and Tapejara, because they’re based on designs from species that didn’t have an on-screen counterpart like some of the Fallen Kingdom marketed toys. The Sarcosuchus, while definitely a cool sounding edition, I’m not sure how exactly they would be able to introduce it into the game, as there’s no current possible way for anything to swim, but if it does appear in the show, then it’s gotta be part of the update, somehow. Pterosaurs I have strong doubts because the current Aviary is DLC exclusive, and if a future JW style aviary is to be added, I would best guess for it to be DLC exclusive, unless it is some how made it in a free update, and there’s no telling when the show will be released.

Remember, this is only speculation and should not be taken beyond that, as these a chance that none or some of the listed above may not appear in the show and, as a result, may not appear in the hypothetical free update or anything related to Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous for the game. Still, what do you guys think about all this?

It's possible that could happen but who knows.

Recent images posted online have revealed something truly remarkable. Just as I predicted above, any Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous based toy would have to directly market the TV show itself. Back then, all the revealed packaging boxes for the figures of Mattel.Inc's Jurassic World; Primal Attack toyline just promoted the line itself, and not Camp Cretaceous in any way. Now, these new images, one of which that I'm going to share here, prove that, while still part of the Primal Attack toyline, these action figures whose respective packagings have been recently revealed promote and advertise Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous.

(The Carnotaurus figure with the traditional Primal Attack packaging)
2020carno.jpg

(Toro the Carnotaurus figure with the special Primal Attack packaging to promote Camp Cretaceous)
2020carnotoro.jpg

Due to this irrefutable piece of evidence, this makes plenty of the other toyline's dinosaur species with packagings raveled to be the traditional Primal Attack boxes as indicators that they won't at all appear in Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. There are still some whose packagings aren't revealed yet, so the color code below goes like this:

Red: Not to be in Camp Cretaceous
Yellow: Unknown

Alioramus
Callovosaurus
Cryolophosaurus
Gasosaurus

Irritator

Minmi
Monolophosaurus
Mussaurus
Ornitholestes

Plesiosaurus
Postosuchus
Protoceratops (read below for more information about it)
Rhamphorynchus
Sarcosuchus (read below for more information about it)
Scutosaurus
Siats Meekerorum
Tapejara

Tarbosaurus

There are only eight species whose boxes aren't revealed yet, so it's currently hard to tell whether or not any of these will be part of the Camp Cretaceous packaging and, if so, will indicate they will be in the show. However, if I had to make a guess, I currently believe there is a pretty low chance for any new species that Jurassic World Evolution doesn't have at the moment to be in the show for a proper free publicity stunt update. After all, the Jurassic World trilogy saga already has plenty of species on Isla Nublar for proper diversity, even if they may be the same ones seen in the films themselves. Plus, some of these species above I find kinda irrelevant for proper implementation, and some of these are based on already existing models of non-on-screen species marketed before in earlier toylines.

But this still doesn't mean it may not be entirely possible for new species, so the possibility is still there in general.

Now, there are a couple of things I do want to share:

Sarcosuchus in the list right above is colored as "unknown" for good reason. The current released Sarco toy is marketed in the normal Primal Attack packaging. But, there is also a revealed repaint of the same creature, which I mentioned in my previous news comment above, that is supposedly to release within the toyline, and its packaging hasn't been revealed yet. Could this repainted Sarcosuchus be something that will be marketed in the Camp Cretaceous boxes as one of that show's new creatures? I can't conclude that it will be the case, but it is still an interesting little subject to consider.
api2osdja__83228.1577386960.jpg
2020sarco2.jpg

(From left to right: The Original Primal Attack Sarco with the regular packaging next to the repainted Sarco.)
The second thing I want to talk about, which you may have noticed what I listed in the red and yellow checklist right above, is the Protoceratops. Since my previous news comment above, I actually knew there was a Protoceratops action figure within the marketing of the new toyline and upcoming TV show. It was first hinted through a teaser image which has the same dinosaur, and eventually revealed in the New York Toy Fair from a few weeks ago.
static-assets-upload4361663496431365254.jpg

(This table from the toyfair showcases plenty of toys explicitly and/or firmly confirmed to be part of the Camp Cretaceous marketing such as Bumpy the baby Ankylosaurus (normal and mini figures), the two Indominus rex toys, the T.Rex, the Parasaurolophus, Toro the Carnotaurus, and I presume "Limbo the Baryonyx". Among these Camp Cretaceous toys below is the Protoceratops.)
I excluded the little ceratopsian dinosaur out of my confirmed toyline species list in my previous news comment for a very good reason. It's simply put just a repacking of an exact design marketed from the very first Fallen Kingdom toyline from 2018. The model is the same, the paint is the same, everything is the same about its looks. Unless if it were a character dinosaur like Blue to make it more sensible, that's what made me think it may not be truly be part of the toyline or indeed the TV show itself. But then again, the Tapejara figure did the same thing, and because it is with like the "confirmed Camp Cretaceous toy roster" alongside the repainted Mussaurus, I'm starting to firmly believe anything could be possible. Such as, for example, it being a Camp Cretaceous toy for a species that will appear in the show, be a Camp Cretaceous toy but won't be in the show just like how JP toylines since the beginning have always introduce species not present in the shows they market, or whatever.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Thanks to Collect Jurassic, the Jurassic fan community that focuses on JP merchandise collectibles, there is now full on confirmation that some of the eight "Unknown" listed dinosaurs from my previous update comment above are likely not going to be in Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, which I was actually suspecting but needed confirmation for myself. One reveal, however is from some place else, but I know it isn't fake just by looking at it.

101392417_465240277641473_7929165756514253856_n.jpg
Eap8ZtXXkAEuClP.jpg

EaVR0_fXsAINvj7.jpg

The Scutosaurus, Irritator, and Mussaurus, as you can see, are stocked within the standard Primal Attack packaging. Bumpy's packaging uses the special Camp Cretaceous style (even though it is still a Primal Attack toy to begin with).

2020-NEW-WAVE-Protoceratops-Jurassic-World-Attack-Pack.jpg

This Protoceratops figure photo was taken from eBay. I know it's real because it isn't the only one on there as well as just by looking at every detail on the photo.

Because of these reliable photographs, this is clear enough proof that these four dinosaurs will not ever be in Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, similar as to how Battle at Big Rock did with the Dino Rivals toy line, leaving out just four:

1. Sarcosuchus
2. Alioramus
3. Monolophosaurus
4. Plesiosaurus

This was something part of me actually knew was what was going to happen with those four dinos. But, in all honesty, as of right now, I don't believe there may be any new on-screen dinosaur species the game doesn't have yet in Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, which really isn't a surprise to me by the way. After all, Isla Nublar, lore wise to the Jurassic World trilogy saga and where the first and only known season of the show will take place, already has more than enough on-screen species to provide diversity for the show, and the remaining unknown four above I feel they just won't be for this particular show.
Still, I do want to wait and see whether I'm right or wrong about the other four not being Camp Cretaceous dinos, because you may never know.
Besides, it's still not truly known if Jurassic World Evolution would have anything Camp Cretaceous related at all as a free update (either as a publicity stunt or not) or something else entirely.

It is also worth sharing that, because I shared an image of the "confirmed Camp Cretaceous dino figures" table in my previous post here, it's proof that this kind of scenario that I'm about to lecture about can happen.
Just because it's a single table with "confirmed show toys", doesn't always mean that every single toy is related to the respective show. The purple Velociraptor figure, for example, from that toy fair photo from my previous post, is packaged within the standard Primal Attack packaging in the third photo (along with Bumpy and the Mussaurus) in this post. And guess what, the table didn't even have all of the confirmed Camp Cretaceous toys on it, which was something I tried to imply in my previous posts anyway. For instance, this Camp Cretaceous Sinoceratops toy below, while present at the toy fair the toy line was showcased at, wasn't with the other Camp Cretaceous toys on the "confirmation table".
2020sino.jpg

Last edited:
question: How will you work the sarcosuchus theirs so many things to think about like animations, feeders, hunting and of course fighting

question: How will you work the sarcosuchus theirs so many things to think about like animations, feeders, hunting and of course fighting
Well, first off, you need to understand that Jurassic World Evolution is a post-launch developing game just like Elite: Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. There's so much they've accomplished over the past several years for the first three games after launch that they couldn't do back then, and Planet Zoo, while still very new to their roster, will do the exact same. And it is that alone that plenty of different animations for newer dinosaurs that come have been added for the stuff you said.

Sarcosuchus will be no different if treated as a land dinosaur like the other 66 current in-game species. The only consideration for this issue is the fact the game currently doesn't have the feature for you to place deep water. But, considering what they can do, such as what they did with Planet Zoo which uses the exact same engine, as well as how much potential time they have on their hands for with the help from Universal Studios, there's no reason not to say that deep water and swimming land dino entities, including the Sarco, will not ever be a thing. It just depends on certain aspects they've got or will have in order to start working on and accomplish the idea, especially there's always so much you can do for things. That's why I've listed the Sarco as part of the list above, in case they've got more than that species as a surprise for the game, if it would be part of the show as a free update or something else.

So, if the Sarco will be a thing as a land dino entity, I would at least expect it to be just like the other land dinos and more or less like the crocodilians in Planet Zoo. If deep water will be a thing, maybe that could be utilized to their advantage to see what they can do with hunting through scripted animation sequences just like everything else in-game, only to utilize the terrain (including water) and not just open space. Planet Zoo doesn't do this due to its generalized family friendly nature, but perhaps they could do it here should it be possible.

There has been a bit of activity on the old steamDB recently, with maybe a possibility for something leading up to this, but the Steam Trading cards could also be where they leave it at.

It feels like the most likely thing, if anything, at this point is skins, but part of me hopes that maybe a JP3 Builder style Mini Ankylosaurus is on the table, as a hybrid type of research (but just generally grabbing the baby models from ILM for neotenic versions is a pretty cool little fantasy).

There has been a bit of activity on the old steamDB recently, with maybe a possibility for something leading up to this, but the Steam Trading cards could also be where they leave it at.

It feels like the most likely thing, if anything, at this point is skins, but part of me hopes that maybe a JP3 Builder style Mini Ankylosaurus is on the table, as a hybrid type of research (but just generally grabbing the baby models from ILM for neotenic versions is a pretty cool little fantasy).
I'm not exactly sure which activity on there you're talking about. The ones I found through my personal in-depth research show no signs of anything too related sounding. Not everything being updated on the SteamDB that isn't related to an already existing DLC or so means anything.

However, it is worth noting that through reliable leaks, Camp Cretaceous is currently scheduled for anytime in August, and I don't think either party (dev and third-party) would want to release anything too early before the show's release. The Battle at Big Rock update may be a tiny exception in regards to promote the short because there was some secrecy on when exactly the show would release between the release of Hobbs & Shaw and September 10. Still, it didn't launch too early before the short film's release.
So, if there will be any free update or DLC related to the show, I would suspect some time either in August or September, so that it can "coincide" with the high trend growth of the show. Maybe even at the very end of it, or even the start of it like what the BaBR update did.

I'm not exactly sure which activity on there you're talking about. The ones I found through my personal in-depth research show no signs of anything too related sounding. Not everything being updated on the SteamDB that isn't related to an already existing DLC or so means anything.

However, it is worth noting that through reliable leaks, Camp Cretaceous is currently scheduled for anytime in August, and I don't think either party (dev and third-party) would want to release anything too early before the show's release. The Battle at Big Rock update may be a tiny exception in regards to promote the short because there was some secrecy on when exactly the show would release between the release of Hobbs & Shaw and September 10. Still, it didn't launch too early before the short film's release.
So, if there will be any free update or DLC related to the show, I would suspect some time either in August or September, so that it can "coincide" with the high trend growth of the show. Maybe even at the very end of it, or even the start of it like what the BaBR update did.
I'm talking about under the history tab, though when I say recent I do mean the last few weeks, where it looks like one of the Dev branches was updated.

In terms of release time, I'd expect it to be simultaneous with the North American release like the Fallen Kingdom update seems to have been, I would think that the Battle at Big Rock update was originally supposed to do that too. What ever the case is, I'd expect some updates to their private dev build more than a month in advance, to leave room for beta testing and such.

06.8.2020 (THE FINAL ENTRY)

As I have always been saying, all of this is just mere speculation and not to be taken seriously. As of very recently, I now have full confirmation of something regarding the topic of this thread.

As a refreshener, Jurassic World Evolution has been receiving free updates containing new dinosaurs to coincide with shows that are a part of the film series timeline as promotional stunts for those respective shows. They were for, in the past, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Battle at Big Rock. Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous is a part of the film series established lore, so in a basic sense, a free update of new dinosaur species the game doesn't have yet seems like a logical concept.

HOWEVER..... recent events and personal research show this may not be the case after all, which is no surprise to be honest, because I knew something like this would be the case as time went on.

The Sarcosuchus repaint, Monolophosaurus, and the Plesiosaurus are planned for Q1 2021. Camp Cretaceous is only eight episodes long, and I'm not sure if they will be released on separate days, or all on teh same day like with one Netflix TV show I know of from last year. There are no plans for a second season, and they only said they would be interested in doing one should the first be successful. So, how could toys planned for Q1 2021 be a good way to market it?
You can find confirmation for this here at JPToys.com, with collaboration of Collect Jurassic who are friends with Mattel themselves.

Also, a recent update for the Jurasscic World Facts app has done something that was completely unforeseen.

The Battle at Big Rock toys were Dino Rivals toyline figures, so they were still categorized as Dino Rovals dinos. BUT, even though the Cap Cretaceous toys are technically still Primal Attack toys, the facts app has updated to have a separate category (and location on the map) for the Camp Cretaceous sub-toyline.

EeTLE8uXYAA-3Zx.jpg

(An example view of the Camp Cretaceous category posted on Twitter)
None of the species that have been previously speculated on are confirmed to be in this category as they are all regular Primal Attack toys.

The facts app also reveals that the Alioramus figure is for release, as it is under the Primal Attack category. WHICH MEANS THIS. The Alioramus is not, I repeat, IS NOT a Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous dinosaur.

With all of this irrefutable evidence, along with just how different the TV show is in comparison to the live action shows in some ways and the idea I don't see any proper new species implementation in there, I can finally and officially confirm a conclusion.

This DOES NOT mean nothing related to the TV Show is coming to the game, but IT DOES disprove what the topic of this thread is about: "New dinosaurs via free update to coincide with Camp Cretaceous".

And my conclusion: "No new dinosaur species" coming via free update to coincide with Jurassic world Camp Cretaceous.

"THE CASE IS CLOSED!"
It may be unfortunate for the idea, but it was still a fun and great experience to do where you can learn stuff and so fourth like I, and I hope some of you, did, along the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom