*Speculation* What do you want from the next DLC?

Hayo, everyone!

Wow, it's been a while since my last post, this is actually my first post on the new forums, everything looks great! I thought I'd kick things off with some good old fashioned speculation.

Assuming there is going to be another DLC pack, what would you want to see from it? We've had a couple of great examples so far hitting many of the niches that the community have been after. If I could have a few choice selections, it'd be the following:

• Dark Rides Pack
    • Containing a new tracked ride, perhaps, or an indoor water boat ride (similar to that of Bubbleworks in the UK)
    • Perhaps more generic themed objects, animatronics, and more 'door' objects (you know the ones that you can trigger to open to different rooms on coasters etc).
  • Transport Rides Pack
    • We already have a bunch of cool transport rides, but transport rides are awesome, hence this entry!
    • In older titles we've seen transport rides like elevators, even submarines if I recall correctly! It would be awesome to see more creative transport rides to fit into some of the amazing themed creations I see from some of you guys
  • Splashtastic Pack
    • If you'll excuse the cringe-inducing name, I know that a lot of you, including myself, would love some form of water-slide esque rides being introduced into the game. It's a massive ask, seeing as pools in RCT3 were almost an entirely separate operation than your standard coasters/flat rides.
    • Imagine the idea of slides and pools in Planco, a game that thrives on player's creativity, it makes me think that we could see some seriously cool things with a pack like this. Imagine people building just dedicated water parks? A Siam Park type park would be awesome to see.
Well, that's me, it's less speculation as it is 'wishes' I guess. But what would you like to see, or indeed what would you like to guess the next DLC will be? Let me know below!

Ben

Out of everything, I think the thing I really would love to see come in planet coaster is a tried and true ACTUAL shuttle coaster. The ability to make traditional Schwarzkopf shuttle loops and Premier Rides shuttle coasters. IDK why Frontier has refused to implement this, is it really THAT hard to code?

Anything suits me, as long as it's not waterpark. But that's me.
For me, it did nothing in RCT3. I was more a fan of the Wild! expansion.

I hope to see some of these additions in the possibly upcoming DLC.

Stalls:
Popcorn Stall selling Kettle Corn, Cheddar Popcorn, and Caramel Popcorn
Snow Cones Stall
Cotton Candy Stall
Pretzel Stall
Funnel Cakes Stall
Caramel Apple Stall
Some kinds of Souvenir Stalls
Info Kiosk selling maps
Midway Games

Rides:
Wipe Out
View attachment 126032
Speed
View attachment 126033
Orbiter
View attachment 126035
Top Scan
View attachment 126036
Spiral Slide
Giant Swing
View attachment 126037
Sling Shot
View attachment 126038
Giant Flume
View attachment 126039

More boat rides like Swan boats, Canoes, Bumper Boats, and etc.
More Kiddie Rides

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Thinking in it, a splash pack with water rides rather than slides would be nice. There are so many water rides that are not water park attractions that would be great. A proper boat dark ride, a splash boats, splash battle, swan boats, those tug boat flat rides ( not sure of the name), perhaps dingy slides as a lot of Theme parks have them ( and RCT did),

Thinking in it, a splash pack with water rides rather than slides would be nice. There are so many water rides that are not water park attractions that would be great. A proper boat dark ride, a splash boats, splash battle, swan boats, those tug boat flat rides ( not sure of the name), perhaps dingy slides as a lot of Theme parks have them ( and RCT did),
That would be a great DLC as well. The tug boat flat ride you are thinking of is called the Rockin Tug.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
This is a tough one for me...

I would like to have some new rides, preferably a boat ride based on the type used by Pirates of the Caribbean, Fata Morgana (Dutch theme park Efteling) and It's a Small World.
Another type of ride that I'd like to have is the omnimover, and I also know that there is a long standing wish for a Mack powered coaster which would be nice to have :D.

Regarding scenery, I would like to have some more historical themed scenery such as objects from the Romans and the Greeks (I personally like Roman history in particular).

That being said, I'll probably be happy with anything as long as it's made with the same passion that Frontier has put in the game in the past few years.

Without a proper way to darken insides of rooms I think a proper dark ride pack would honestly be moot. Personally I'd like to see a few more water rides and definitely more flat rides. Mangnificent rides pack was executed over very well. I hope to see another DLC chock full of various different rides.

Heres hoping for the end of year three they add a new gameplay mechanic. But at this point in the game that maybe a stretch.

I am on board with the Omnimover and Boats (Small World) in a Dark Rides DLC. PlanCo already added code to force nighttime during a ride to show triggered events, they could use that same code for specific ride types. The nice thing is that it could be a true blend of rides, blueprints, and scenery. Theme-able animatronics, on-ride narration, and multi-step attractions (the stretch room for Haunted Mansion) could be nice bonus features.
To make building easier, perhaps a hide/show toggle for ceilings.
Just my $.02

Hayo, everyone!

Assuming there is going to be another DLC pack, what would you want to see from it?

I want to see stuff that enables people with disabilities to enter the park (e.g. with a wheelchair) so we need elevators to allow them to move up to different levels in the park. I also want a multi-station cable car and more flatrides (both exiting and most certainly a lot of easy ones, several aimed at little kids).
And maybe some other water-related track rides (e.g. swans, those floating bubbles with air you can go into, rowboats,...).
And finaly I would like love to see real parks submitting free stuff from their parks (in free DLC's obviously).

I like your idea of having a DLC with rides from real amusement parks. Frontier did it for Steel Vengeance from Cedar Point in OH. So it can be done but I don't think it would be for free though.

hopefully no rides which have similar companions inside the game and just differ in detail. hopefully nothing with animals. hopefully much with new building & scenery items.

Hayo, everyone!

Wow, it's been a while since my last post, this is actually my first post on the new forums, everything looks great! I thought I'd kick things off with some good old fashioned speculation.

Assuming there is going to be another DLC pack, what would you want to see from it? We've had a couple of great examples so far hitting many of the niches that the community have been after. If I could have a few choice selections, it'd be the following:

• Dark Rides Pack
    • Containing a new tracked ride, perhaps, or an indoor water boat ride (similar to that of Bubbleworks in the UK)
    • Perhaps more generic themed objects, animatronics, and more 'door' objects (you know the ones that you can trigger to open to different rooms on coasters etc).
  • Transport Rides Pack
    • We already have a bunch of cool transport rides, but transport rides are awesome, hence this entry!
    • In older titles we've seen transport rides like elevators, even submarines if I recall correctly! It would be awesome to see more creative transport rides to fit into some of the amazing themed creations I see from some of you guys
  • Splashtastic Pack
    • If you'll excuse the cringe-inducing name, I know that a lot of you, including myself, would love some form of water-slide esque rides being introduced into the game. It's a massive ask, seeing as pools in RCT3 were almost an entirely separate operation than your standard coasters/flat rides.
    • Imagine the idea of slides and pools in Planco, a game that thrives on player's creativity, it makes me think that we could see some seriously cool things with a pack like this. Imagine people building just dedicated water parks? A Siam Park type park would be awesome to see.
Well, that's me, it's less speculation as it is 'wishes' I guess. But what would you like to see, or indeed what would you like to guess the next DLC will be? Let me know below!

Ben
1. There will probably never be a waterpark pack for planet coaster,because the devs have literally stated a billion times since release of the game that they have no plans to do one. I personally don't mind if we don't get one and would be happy if we get one.
2. I've been asking for an indoor water boat ride with drops and an omnimover since the release of the game,because it wasn't in any alpha, and yes i've been in this game since alpha like many of us(vampiro,nemmie,joel,...) are,so i really hope that we finally get a good boat ride with drops. So i'm 100% for this dark ride pack.
3.It would definitely be epic to see an elevator added. It could have many uses. I wouldn't count the submarine ride a transport ride, but rather a boat ride altough it would be really cool to see too.
So overall i'm definitely for the dark rides pack. I love the new darkrides we've gotten since release,but classic darkrides like boat ride and omnimover are still missing from the base game. We need them!! ;)

This is a tough one for me...

I would like to have some new rides, preferably a boat ride based on the type used by Pirates of the Caribbean, Fata Morgana (Dutch theme park Efteling) and It's a Small World.
Another type of ride that I'd like to have is the omnimover, and I also know that there is a long standing wish for a Mack powered coaster which would be nice to have :D.

Regarding scenery, I would like to have some more historical themed scenery such as objects from the Romans and the Greeks (I personally like Roman history in particular).

That being said, I'll probably be happy with anything as long as it's made with the same passion that Frontier has put in the game in the past few years.
Just realised joel has pretty much the same wishes. That mack powered would be great:)

Top Bottom