Spiky additions to Ships

The "Spiky" versions of what we saw in the latest video release with a Thargoid hovering over is now available at the Frontier Store. I'm looking at this and thinking the Firefly TV series with Reavers! Maybe Frontier will develop this concept versus Josh Whedon who loves to kill off characters. We'll see...

You know what ship that would look really good on?

An Imperial Eagle.

*EDIT*

I see it seems to come with 6 "battle damage" skins.
That's pretty nice of FD.
Surprised they aren't flogging those separately.

Last edited:
Have to admit, looks amazing. And I have nothing yet for an asp, and I have my birthday voucher till end of this month...

You know what ship that would look really good on?

An Imperial Eagle.

*EDIT*

I see it seems to come with 6 "battle damage" skins.
That's pretty nice of FD.
Surprised they aren't flogging those separately.

Well, the additional parts looks pretty rusty old metal parts to me. If you bought that and welded them on a normal clean painted ship, it would look like pineapples on a pizza and would quickly lead to an outrage :D

Last edited:
I can understand doing it for the Cobra, but the ASP Explorer? The kits look more fitted for a combat-orientated ship, not an exploration-orientated ship. Just an odd choice if you ask me.

Ah dammit. I hit reply to thread to post some excoriating critique on the horribleness of these kits, but made the mistake of just checking them out in the store first . They do actually look pretty good :) I know, I know always shoot first and get the facts later - schoolboy forum error on my part....

One of the kits makes the Cobra look like it had a run-in with the Borg. Seems FD is going for repurposed derelict ship look I guess? But it does look.. weird.

The "Spiky" versions of what we saw in the latest video release with a Thargoid hovering over is now available at the Frontier Store. I'm looking at this and thinking the Firefly TV series with Reavers! Maybe Frontier will develop this concept versus Josh Whedon who loves to kill off characters. We'll see...

Hmm, along with spikes on your ship... does it make ramming more viable? Imagine piking someone with your battle spike, if their shield goes puff.. Viable side-winder tactic right there!

A shame they turned out to be just another premium cosmetic. I was secretly hoping for some kind of in-game way to 'earn' them, doing it this way throws away a really good opportunity for some much needed tangible storyline based content in the game. I mean what exactly are 'Raiders' in ED other than a nod to Firefly's Reavers and the Mad Max universe in the form of cosplay? Are they like a space version of Fallout's raiders? I've never encountered a 'raider' in the game and yet if you look at the last ED trailer you'd think they've been in the game since Horizons and actually mean something...

Oh well. Quality-wise the kits look pretty good. Value for money-wise they come with a paint pack at no extra cost so that's pretty good as well. The new suits look cool as well, I hope we can view the suits in-game via the holo me before purchasing :)

All in all a decent set of cosmetic items. A shame about the missed opportunity to create some kind of engaging in-game content and lore for 'raiders' but c'est lavie.

I don't get you lot, why does no-one ever post the images??

cobra3-1920x1080_1.jpg

A shame they turned out to be just another premium cosmetic. I was secretly hoping for some kind of in-game way to 'earn' them, doing it this way throws away a really good opportunity for some much needed tangible storyline based content in the game. I mean what exactly are 'Raiders' in ED other than a nod to Firefly's Reavers and the Mad Max universe in the form of cosplay? Are they like a space version of Fallout's raiders? I've never encountered a 'raider' in the game and yet if you look at the last ED trailer you'd think they've been in the game since Horizons and actually mean something...

Oh well. Quality-wise the kits look pretty good. Value for money-wise they come with a paint pack at no extra cost so that's pretty good as well. The new suits look cool as well, I hope we can view the suits in-game via the holo me before purchasing :)

All in all a decent set of cosmetic items. A shame about the missed opportunity to create some kind of engaging in-game content and lore for 'raiders' but c'est lavie.

The forum has been loaded to the brim with posts about raiders in open...

Top Bottom