Spiky additions to Ships

These look amazing. I don't fly either ship these days, but may have to take the plunge. Would really like these for some of the more advanced/bigger ships. Think the Anaconda would look awesome, for example.

These look amazing. I don't fly either ship these days, but may have to take the plunge. Would really like these for some of the more advanced/bigger ships. Think the Anaconda would look awesome, for example.

Was about to say - spikes like this would look uber awesome on the Conda!

I love them (I love the whole post-apocalyptic Mad Max aesthetic), but I probably won't put them on my nice shiny mission running ships (need to look professional for those government contracts!)... yet.

They seem to have missed the obvious pirate/raider boats out, though - I'm thinking mainly about the 'Conda and FDL - they seem to me to be the obvious "Reaver" ships, and maybe the Vulture too.

However, I might just treat my Cobra to one, just because they look so darned good ;)

Now they've got a Frontier store precedent for cool kits, I look forward to them releasing a series of body kits so I can make my mining Python more industrial-looking (hazard chevrons and reinforcing plates - including that sweet cockpit cage!) or to pimp my Saud Krugers with a bit more bling...

Last edited:
Hedgehog Cobra!!

NNi0Sie.jpg

They would have been way cooler if you could unlock them by going to a pirate controlled asteroid base in deep space and doing missions for them. That would have also given them meaning, and when people saw your ship, they'd think "damn that guy has some balls" instead of "oh look, that guy put some credit card info in the store". Just my 2 cents.

They would have been way cooler if you could unlock them by going to a pirate controlled asteroid base in deep space and doing missions for them. That would have also given them meaning, and when people saw your ship, they'd think "damn that guy has some balls" instead of "oh look, that guy put some credit card info in the store". Just my 2 cents.

This is an excellent idea. Folk would still pay for them, I'm sure, but to have some limitations behind it is a great opportunity to inject a bit more personality into them.

Raider skins unlocked when you've done X dodgy missions for cartels, number of black market accesses or PvP kills etc.
Industrial skins unlocked when you've reached a certain level of mining.
Trucker skins unlocked when you've traded enough cargo.

Maybe even "Police" liveries for those with enough BH kills, or army skins for the CZ folk.

Loads of opportunities!

[EDIT]They do this already with the Elite decals, right? You don't get access to any you've not earned AFAIK, so the code is already pretty much in place...

Last edited:
This is an excellent idea. Folk would still pay for them, I'm sure, but to have some limitations behind it is a great opportunity to inject a bit more personality into them.

Raider skins unlocked when you've done X dodgy missions for cartels, number of black market accesses or PvP kills etc.
Industrial skins unlocked when you've reached a certain level of mining.
Trucker skins unlocked when you've traded enough cargo.

Maybe even "Police" liveries for those with enough BH kills, or army skins for the CZ folk.

Loads of opportunities!

[EDIT]They do this already with the Elite decals, right? You don't get access to any you've not earned AFAIK, so the code is already pretty much in place...

I'm confident there can be a healthy balance between paid cosmetics and earnable cosmetics.

Silly question here - but I see people are saying £12 for the Spikey kits, I see them for £8 in the store. Am guessing they changed the price or I'm looking at the wrong thingy.

ETA - Dig the whole Reaver thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom