Spilophosaurus Rex

The spilophosaurus rex is a hybrid I had a nightmare about when I was a kid. This hybrid is a mixure of Spinosaurus, Dilophosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex. However it doesn't have the dilphosaur's wing-skin and it doesn't produce venom like the dilophosaur. It's a basically a T-Rex but it's neck is the same length as the dilophosaur and it has the spinosaur's long arms.
I just wanted to tell my fellow Jurassic World/Park fans about this hybrid and maybe frontier developments will want to add this to the game. You guys know what it looks like, it's confort genes are up to you.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO! INDORAPTOR AND STEGOCERATOPS WAS FAR ENOUGH BUT THIS JUST PLEASE NO! I love that you would like to see it but OUT OF THE LOVE OF GOD NO! Also this will be taken down because there is a thread dedicated to dinosaur suggestions: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/470377-Dinosaur-Wishlist-Mega-Thread
84985.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you guys hate hybrids so much? And by the way I need more hybrids for Isla Muerta. I also want people to see my hybrid.

Last edited:
Why do you guys hate hybrids so much? And by the way I need more hybrids for Isla Muerta. I also want people to see my hybrid.

Because they have nothing to do with the original franchise, and has NOTHING to do with actual animals. You could just aswell throw the Hulk in your cage...

If we are going to have another hybrid it better be the wuraptor. Its another raptor hybrid but this time spliced with Dr. Wu and they all have his face. a pack of Wuraptors is known as a clan and they are nothing to **** with

If we are going to have another hybrid it better be the wuraptor. Its another raptor hybrid but this time spliced with Dr. Wu and they all have his face. a pack of Wuraptors is known as a clan and they are nothing to **** with

Throw them W’s up man. Wu is for the children.

Because they have nothing to do with the original franchise, and has NOTHING to do with actual animals. You could just aswell throw the Hulk in your cage...

The Jurassic Park franchise has nothing to do with “real” dinosaurs; it’s a warning on the pros and cons of biotechnology and genetic engineering, showing the consequences of what happens when in the haste for profit, we become preoccupied with whether we could do it, and not stop to think if we should.

Hybrids are simply a natural progression, or evolution, as to what InGen would do with their gene splicing technology after recreating the dinosaurs, pterosaurs and marine reptiles; they are effectively the movie's version of going to “Version 4.4”, creating unique custom-made dinosaurs that line up with what visitors want to see in a dinosaur theme park, “Bigger, Louder, More Teeth”.

Also, we're not creating the past in Jurassic World Evolution, the past is gone. It can never be recreated. What we're doing is reconstruct the past, or at least a version of the past and in some ways, we have created a better version. I bet 95% of the players don’t keep any of the “null (natural)” DNA settings for their dinosaurs, but instead use various genetic modifications to make them have longer lifespans and have a higher popularity rating for your park's visitors.

Whatever kind of exhibits we build, I don't think we should kid ourselves into thinking that there's anything natural about Jurassic World. We're presenting an illusion of naturalism – which is fine, just make sure to not believe in that illusion.

Last edited:
Okay fine. Can I at least have the Spilophosaurus rex? It'll be the last hybrid I ever ask for.

While I do want more hybrids to be in Jurassic World Evolution, unfortunately Spilophosaurus rex is not one of them for a couple of reasons:

The first is that with the hybrid system as it is currently, it’s very unlikely for such a creature to be in the game. Your hybrid is a combination of three dinosaurs, the hybrid system only allows two “ingredient” dinosaurs to create one hybrid.

The second is that it will just be an unoriginal repeat of using the same dinosaurs to create new hybrids, T. rex and Spinosaurus are already used for both the Indominus rex and Spinoraptor. I would much rather have a more unique carnivore, e.g. Allosinosaurus, and more herbivore hybrids, e.g. Paramoloch and Dracoceratops.

The original Jurassic Park franchise which this isn't? The original franchise which can at most be said to have inspired the soft reboot Jurassic World franchise which is all about hybrids and in doing so made a failing trademark popular and profitable again? :D

The Indominus rex is a mixture of more than two dinosaurs. So why should Indominus be in the game and not my Spilophosaurus?

Whilst the Indominus rex is indeed a mixture of multiple dinosaurs, it’s the T. rex and Velociraptor DNA that makes the Indominus rex as we know it. The T. rex DNA provides the base on which to build on, and the Velociraptor DNA provides the Indominus' cunning intelligence and ferocity, these two species make the Indominus rex as we know it, and as a result, they are the most important ingredients and what are used to create the hybrid in the game.

The other dinosaurs' DNA were only used for comparatively minor additions; the horns, the arms, and the size. As a result of their minor contribution, players are not required to complete their genomes for the creation of the Indominus rex in the game.

Whilst the Indominus rex is indeed a mixture of multiple dinosaurs, it’s the T. rex and Velociraptor DNA that makes the Indominus rex as we know it. The T. rex DNA provides the base on which to build on, and the Velociraptor DNA provides the Indominus' cunning intelligence and ferocity, these two species make the Indominus rex as we know it, and as a result, they are the most important ingredients and what are used to create the hybrid in the game.

The other dinosaurs' DNA were only used for comparatively minor additions; the horns, the arms, and the size. As a result of their minor contribution, players are not required to complete their genomes for the creation of the Indominus rex in the game.
I think I see what you mean. So if the Spilophosaur is gonna be in the game, players only need to complete 2 out the 3 dinosaurs that it's made of just like they only needed 100% of T-rex and Velociraptor gene frequency to get the Indominus rex. Also the Spilophosaur does not the spinosaur's sail on it's back.

That's an interesting idea but I think when Frontier eventually adds more hybrids they'll most likely sticking to what Ludia has made but I woun't mind seeing Frontier making thire own original hybrids.

Well, Some of the people here have diffident taste and they tend to get worked-up over it because it doesn't fit their ideal game. Me and a few others here are completely fine with hybrids and Frontier isn't getting ride of them as they are a part of the Jurassic park franchise now.

I think I see what you mean. So if the Spilophosaur is gonna be in the game, players only need to complete 2 out the 3 dinosaurs that it's made of just like they only needed 100% of T-rex and Velociraptor gene frequency to get the Indominus rex. Also the Spilophosaur does not the spinosaur's sail on it's back.

I don’t see the point in having Spinosaurus DNA for this hybrid, if its only just going to make the Tyrannosaurus' arms slightly bigger. Besides, wouldn’t the Dilophosaurus DNA cause the arms to be bigger as a side effect? Because Dilophosaurus' arms are comparatively larger than that of T. rex.

Honestly, it’s for the better if this hybrid just uses T. rex and Dilophosaurus because the chances for it to be in JWE are significantly higher, since there is a hybrid from Ludia’s Jurassic World Alive that actually uses these two dinosaurs. Considering how the hybrids from The Secrets of Dr. Wu are based on the namesake species in Ludia’s Jurassic World The Game, I wouldn’t be surprised if in future DLC packs, while not being the main focus as they were in this pack, that there will be additional hybrids based on species created by Ludia for JWTG and JWA.

The hybrid that I'm referring to is the mighty tyrant crested lizard, Tyrannolophosaur. This large carnivorous hybrid could perhaps be a “safer” alternative to the Indominus rex, similar to how the Spinoraptor is a “safer” alternative to the Indoraptor.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/9/93/Tyrannolophosaur.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20181121203157

Top Bottom