News *SPOILER* Guardian Module Pricepoint Error and Fix

Hi everyone,

* SPOILER WARNING - THIS THREAD MAKES MENTION TO GUARDIAN-RELATED CHANGES. *

Just a quick note to make you aware of a server side fix that we'll be implementing shortly. There will be no server downtime, and it should take effect within the next few hours. Generally speaking, Guardian module prices were too low. We have increased some of the prices, as listed below. As well as this, we have reduced all standard human power plant prices; developments in Guardian tech have depreciated the value of current human technology.

Thanks to your feedback, we've identified an error in the pricing points for the Guardian internal modules. These price points will now be changed to represent their value as high end modules (essentially the equivalent of level 4/5 engineered modules). This includes:
  • Guardian power plants
  • Guardian power distributors

We also identified that Guardian defensive modules were a little bit underpriced, so there’s been a slight increase in cost for the following:
  • Guardian hull reinforcement packages
  • Guardian module reinforcement packages
  • Guardian shield reinforcement packages

Guardian Frameshift Drive boosters were also priced too low and have also seen an increase in price.

Thanks again for your continued support and feedback. It's thanks to you that we're able to continue to make balancing changes and improvements.

Ed

that's awful mate.
the guardian grind is already mind numbing, boring and motonous, why would you want to make it worse?
what happened to all the tall take about respecting my time?

• Guardian power plants
  • Guardian power distributors

We also identified that Guardian defensive modules were a little bit underpriced, so there’s been a slight increase in cost for the following:
  • Guardian hull reinforcement packages
  • Guardian module reinforcement packages
  • Guardian shield reinforcement packages

You can't be serious. These modules exist? And, just like the powerplant, will be moddable at engineers?

This is insane. So now all PVPers will have to regrind their modules to match the new meta. Ridiculous power creep yet again. Absolutely no respect towards players.

And here I thought the stat inflation we already have is bad enough.

If we take guardian powerplant as example - its primary parameter is roughly the equivalent of grade 4 human powerplant, yet it can be engineered on top of that!

Thus guardian modules engineered to grade 5 will be hypothetical equivalent of grade 9 of the human modules in regard of primary parameter. :face_palm:

Though the idea of turning bigger ships to unbeatable battle stars does appeal greatly to me. :)

Last edited:
As well as this, we have reduced all standard human power plant prices; developments in Guardian tech have depreciated the value of current human technology.

good I don't have any big ship to worry about. Question, selling them still keeps the old price?

I remember Doctor Who when David Tennant was the lead. The stories made sense, everything was relatively straightforward and easy to understand. Then they went a bit mad with convoluted story arcs and I ended up watching it still, but with no real idea of what a lot of it meant. I feel like that with ED quite a lot of the time. I've just been engineering and I genuinely don't know what I just rolled. It's better than before but I have no idea by how much.

And here I though the stat inflation we already have is bad enough.

If we take guardian powerplant as example - its primary parameter is roughly the equivalent of grade 4 human powerplant, yet it can be engineered on top of that!

Thus guardian modules engineered to grade 5 will be hypothetical equivalent of grade 9 of the human modules in regard of primary parameter. :face_palm:

Though the idea of turning bigger ships to unbeatable battle stars does appeal greatly to me. :)

Have anyone engineered guardian modules?
Can it be that this is modules for those who not want to engineer. You pay a fixt material price to get a good module but not want to engineer for a top module.

While I don't want any money back for the modules I previously bought and now get a reduction (would be stupid thing to do anyway) I do wonder if it will effect the re-buy cost.

oh great,

why do you post patchnotes for stuff that is not ingame yet...
or do we need to put up bugreport for them to be missing?

can we now discuss "guardian FSD range boosters" ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom