News Squadron Leaderboards - Season One ends soon!

leaderboards are crap. We had no instruction on how the points are calculated and I "suspect" (roftl) there is at least a way to trick che commercial one :D

EDIT: ninja'd

It appears that trading (selling cargo) gives points per transaction, rather than for the volume traded or the profit made. For example, selling 100T of Cargo one tonne at a time provides 100x as many points as selling that cargo in one 100T transaction. Are there any plans to change this in Season 2, so that groups which play the system in this way are not rewarded for this type of behaviour?

I bet all others activities are accounted the same way, so destroying a pirate eagle 100 times and cash in after any kill make more points then killing 100 conda and cash in all together. As long as these issues are not properly addressed the leaderboards are just another poorly implemented mechanics and I have no interest in them.

Last edited:
The Leaderboards are a great Idea but only the 500 Squadrons will win them always. So every "Season" the 3 biggest Squadrons will win it. Sounds fair... sounds exciting... not really... What about the Top 10? Or the Top 25? They get anything? Maybe it's worth thinking about this because working in a 2-3 month competition were you never will have a chance to win anything sounds boring for most of the (not 500 Member)-Squadrons. Maybe you can discuss this topic in an internal meeting @Will Flanagan?

Our squadron have 19 members. We are currently in 2nd position in exploration. On the 1st place is the DW2 squadron. It have 300+ members.

By the way those things looks cool.

leaderboards are crap. We had no instruction on how the points are calculated and I "suspect" (roftl) there is at least a way to trick che commercial one :D

EDIT: ninja'd

I bet all others activities are accounted the same way, so destroying a pirate eagle 100 times and cash in after any kill make more points then killing 100 conda and cash in all together. As long as these issues are not properly addressed the leaderboards are just another poorly implemented mechanics and I have no interest in them.

I Agree

Our squadron have 19 members. We are currently in 2nd position in exploration. On the 1st place is the DW2 squadron. It have 300+ members.

You are on Xbox - correct? Xbos seems to have their own leaderboard so you cannot compare to the PC-Main-Base of Users

Similarly, the Trade one has been completed by a team of 6-10 Commanders who pretty much slavishly ran Opal void diamonds for the full season.

I tend to agree, not a fan of this "only top 3 squads win a prize" thing :(
The big squads seem to be way on top in this.

It's not the big squads as much it's the squads willing to game the bugs. The Political category is bugged by trade, each single item sold seems to affect it so little factions are on top because they are working the bug.

Also, there are design flaws in some categories. Powerplay, for example, will always be won by feds because they are one group where as other powers are a group of groups. For ALD we would be up there but our 3 main groups have their own Squadrons (LL, Chapterhouse, and 9th). This isn't the Feds fault mind you, just the design doesn't work with the structure of the different ways we've build our organizations.

Ultimately I think we could have done without this "feature".

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi Will,

It appears that trading (selling cargo) gives points per transaction, rather than for the volume traded or the profit made. For example, selling 100T of Cargo one tonne at a time provides 100x as many points as selling that cargo in one 100T transaction. Are there any plans to change this in Season 2, so that groups which play the system in this way are not rewarded for this type of behaviour?

We've passed the feedback on for investigation. Thank you!

@Will Flanagan: What about my Idea about open a topic in your next internal meeting for Decals up to rank 10 / 25? For example Gold, Silver, Bronze, Gray(White).

It would be a lot cooler if squadrons who do well with powerplay get rewarded with control over certain assets in a star system. Also e.g. if a squadron is the best they get existing materials or modules. A leaderboard sounds so game-y.

A squadron promotion system with tangible rewards would be better.

Last edited:
You are on Xbox - correct? Xbos seems to have their own leaderboard so you cannot compare to the PC-Main-Base of Users

Yes, I'm on Xbox. I think the numbers are numbers doesn't matter on what platform. We have few real explorers, but most of us just comleted smaller trips.

Nice concept. It appears that my Squadron (also a PMF) Federal Liberal COmmand, is well positioned to win the Season 1 Gold Medal for Powerplay.

I sincerely hope though that Frontier actually considers making other things into season and do a full reset - such AS powerplay. Might helpto being back some purpose to that part of the game.

Greetings Commanders,

The release of Beyond - Chapter Four brought many changes and improvements to the core Elite Dangerous gameplay experience; one of those changes was the introduction of Squadrons and Squadron Leaderboards.

With the first Season of Squadron Leaderboards coming to an end, we wanted to give you a little recap on what they are and how they work!

You can see the Squadron Leaderboards by heading to your Squadrons page, which is found in the in-game interface’s right hand panel. On this page you will also find clear instructions on how to join or set up a Squadron, too!

Topping the Charts - Season One of Squadrons Leaderboards

For a Squadron to appear on one of the Leaderboard categories, all members have to do is engage in that particular activity. The categories are:
  • Xeno Defence
  • Combat
  • CQC
  • Exploration
  • Political
  • Powerplay
  • Trade

you are aware of these "transactional instead of volumetric" mechanics from more than a year. So, please... :D

so wow that explains that the group at Number 1 got 30% of their total in a few days, nice work just wow

What about a Graph fdev to see how good it works

So me making a trade run with mission profit 50 mil is about 6 point and someone selling 700 biowaste profit about 25k makes 700 Points. Absolute better in Trade. And by they what about Squad Chat disaperd is it working as intended?

So at this time there is no major part of the game working without bugs (Fight,Trade,Explore).

Not even demanding to fix it cause it will be ignored anyways, like keyboard not working, mapping loop, cz there or not. Please don´t fix major bugs the not worth it.

Capatin Ironie over

Last edited:
Good stuff, really like the holograms. Any word on when we might see the squadron/official website integration complete?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
We've passed the feedback on for investigation. Thank you!

Really only just now? The question if this is a feature or exploit was asked multiple times and you guys never answered it.

Is this really the first time you hear about this? :O

BTW, I really like LB's as a feature. My community is set to win 5 trophies in total across all platforms, 3 of which should be gold hopefully :D

Last edited:
so wow that explains that the group at Number 1 got 30% of their total in a few days, nice work just wow

What about a Graph fdev to see how good it works

So me making a trade run with mission profit 50 mil is about 6 point and someone selling 700 biowaste profit about 25k makes 700 Points. Absolute better in Trade. And by they what about Squad Chat disaperd is it working as intended?

So at this time there is no major part of the game working without bugs (Fight,Trade,Explore).

Not even demanding to fix it cause it will be ignored anyways, like keyboard not working, mapping loop, cz there or not. Please don´t fix major bugs the not worth it.

Capatin Ironie over

I ran some tests last week. And while at initial release of 3.3 there was a big benefit then to single trading cargo that is not the case now.

I don't know when exactly it changed, but now in 3.3.03 selling 1 Tonne 100 times is exactly the same as selling 100T.

Also if you dont believe me, run the tests yourself, the leaderboards update in real time

I ran some tests last week. And while at initial release of 3.3 there was a big benefit then to single trading cargo that is not the case now.

I don't know when exactly it changed, but now in 3.3.03 selling 1 Tonne 100 times is exactly the same as selling 100T.

Also if you dont believe me, run the tests yourself, the leaderboards update in real time

I run it one hour ago and selling 1 ton gives 50 points and selling 700 tons gives 50 points !
At least on my screen it was like that would be nice if im Wrong, i hope it a screen bug. I will check again im apologize if im wrong.

if you do trade missions i gives 50 (arround) a ton per deliver run (this one i just guesed) only poor math involved.

If you buy at same station and sell with - it dosent count

To be tested: Good old Robigo style buy at market sell at blackmarket. I have a strange feeling about that

To be tested: See how it works with powerplay commoditys

To be tested: Shooting a thargoid skimmer vs. shooting elte corvette ( shooting scout will be intersting too cause it counts elite++ ) in combat rank and now it faster to destroy than a cz volture. Gues anti xeno league is that far in lead combat and anti xeno is that xenos count for combat too (which makes kind of sense).

QA job it was

Just try look at leaderboard ---> sell 1 ton (for me it was silver) and its up by 50. Strange if you see something other, should be based on profit per ton. But the whole system is kind of borked. For me the leaderboard data refreshes every time i log in leaderboard.

Next Test is if shooting a guardina scammer counts same as a elite corvette i bet it is. Shame the system is designed like this makes it open for macros and botting.

Nice work from the Designers of the Trophy, at game mechanics it would be nice to see same efforts like the desingners have. Would be hell of a game when whole quality would be like sound and graphic desigen (paintsjobs exclueded cause most of them are just fast work, if it helps with generating money im ok with it but the can do better thats no question :)

Last edited:
My understanding is that for the Trade leaderboard, it's as simple as one credit earned through selling something = one point towards your Squadron's total. Feel free to conduct experiments to test this hypothesis.

I run it one hour ago and selling 1 ton gives 50 points and selling 700 tons gives 50 points !
At least on my screen it was like that would be nice if im Wrong, i hope it a screen bug. I will check again im apologize if im wrong.

if you do trade missions i gives 50 (arround) a ton per deliver run (this one i just guesed) only poor math involved.

If you buy at same station and sell with - it dosent count

To be tested: Good old Robigo style buy at market sell at blackmarket. I have a strange feeling about that

Just try look at leaderboard ---> sell 1 ton (for me it was silver) and its up by 50. Strange if you see something other, should be based on profit per ton. But the whole system is kind of borked. For me the leaderboard data refreshes every time i log in leaderboard.

Next Test is if shooting a guardina scammer counts same as a elite corvette i bet it is. Shame the system is designed like this makes it open for macros and botting.

My tests were on mined stuff as it was all pure profit. Didnt think of missions.

Amount of money into my account = as amount squadron points raised.

Was done on a quiet morning with nobody else in the squadron logged on. (to ensure that there was no other contamination)

Top Bottom