News Squadron Leaderboards - Season One ends soon!

RE: those that say only the big squadrons will win.

the current second place squadron for AX has about 18 members, and they are keeping up very well with a group of 160+

Food for thought.

I am with The Winged Hussars, we have 31 squadron members on PS4. It is not a big number and guess what? We're 1st in Political outrunning many bigger squadrons.

We're 1st in Political outrunning many bigger squadrons.
31 is decent, particularly if they are all active. But that leaderboard has to be the most ridiculous. It's the one that says to 'maintain a large and happy faction'.

The squadron that is third (on PC) is affliated to a minor faction which controls only two systems, and is elated in only one.

Last edited:
Well the Political Leaderboard is exploitable: just try to sell commodities singularly one ton per time: tried that as a test (because I couldn't believe that) and jumped up a dozen positions. (Of course I stopped because I think it's wrong).

But I'm sure the top Squadrons already know this trick. I don't blame them honestly, I blame who thought that people wouldn't exploit that to grind their way to the top three and poorly designed that.

The Powerplay leaderboard may be the only one not exploitable, being basically a sum of the merits done by the players and conseqentially showing the actual efforts of a Squadron.

I don't have enough informations about the other leaderboards, but I can only guess they are transactional too. Someday the developers maybe will realize that anything in this game shouldn't be transaction-driven, anyway it goes it will always be too late.

Hi Will, this is a cool idea and i support it, but i don't think this is gonna work out if there's no adjustments for squadron size, like a multiplier based on how big your squadron is.
If it stays like it is, it's probably gonna be the biggest squadron focused on one side of the game winning every time, like Canonn for exploration for example.

In Warframe, player clans are classified in terms of size, and when there's competitions they only compete in their own size bracket, so it's fair.
This is a really good model and it's something you should look into.

Last edited:
Well the Political Leaderboard is exploitable: just try to sell commodities singularly one ton per time: tried that as a test (because I couldn't believe that) and jumped up a dozen positions. (Of course I stopped because I think it's wrong).

But I'm sure the top Squadrons already know this trick. I don't blame them honestly, I blame who thought that people wouldn't exploit that to grind their way to the top three and poorly designed that.

The Powerplay leaderboard may be the only one not exploitable, being basically a sum of the merits done by the players and conseqentially showing the actual efforts of a Squadron.

I don't have enough informations about the other leaderboards, but I can only guess they are transactional too. Someday the developers maybe will realize that anything in this game shouldn't be transaction-driven, anyway it goes it will always be too late.

I believe that the squadron leader boards are based on the size of your cockpits or the number of bobbleheads you have in your ships.

But then I don't really have enough information about the boards.. but hey lets condemn them and ignore the efforts of players genuinely engaging and working hard to smash the points.

Ignorance is bliss and this place is one of the most blissful places in this forum.

I like having leaderboards and that bobble heads are being awarded rather than decals yet again. But am worried that the same big groups will win every season.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I like having leaderboards and that bobble heads are being awarded rather than decals yet again. But am worried that the same big groups will win every season.

Haha, rest assured we (The Winged Hussars) most likely won't bother after Season 1 :D

Would feel more inclined to work at this if my missing points could be returned to the leaderboard. Heard missing points were being restored, but I'm still missing most of mine for my squadron.

I do like whole leaderboard idea. However, I do think the calculation of position / points is biased towards the bigger Squadrons.

As other people have mentioned, I do think that the size of the squadron and potentially totally hours of flight time achieved should factored in. This would give a truer representation of the effort/skill etc utilised to maintain the position occupied in the respective leaderboard

Other than that, this first 'season' has been great. I've watch the Squadron I'm involved with, go from strength to strength

I don't have enough informations about the other leaderboards, but I can only guess they are transactional too.
CQC isn't - that's just the sum of points earned by squadron pilots.

Exploration, combat, AX and trade appear to just be "sum of credits earned" through those activities though I've not tested those as thoroughly.

The comms message in-game says "find your award at any starport offering the outfitting service".

How exactly do you receive the "award" and what is it? There are no decals that I can see.

The comms message in-game says "find your award at any starport offering the outfitting service".

How exactly do you receive the "award" and what is it? There are no decals that I can see.

Because it's for your dashboard... y'know - like all those videos Will posted in the first post....

Last edited:
Congrats to the Hutton "Going for Gold" team on doubling their trade total in 1 week and finishing on 150 billion credits of trade, earning them 1st place on PC for their efforts. Truly nutty trucking - was a subset of the main squadron, so only 50 or so commanders took part - the top trucker managed over 7 billion across the week (well done, FunkyAbigail!) and we had 27 commanders achieve over a billion in the week!

On the other hand, we're totally broken now and going for a Centauri Mega Gin or two from a Mug, lighting the Pantaa Prayer Sticks and maybe having a bottle of Indi Bourbon ready for when the Gin runs out.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Congrats to the Hutton "Going for Gold" team on doubling their trade total in 1 week and finishing on 150 billion credits of trade, earning them 1st place on PC for their efforts. Truly nutty trucking - was a subset of the main squadron, so only 50 or so commanders took part - the top trucker managed over 7 billion across the week (well done, FunkyAbigail!) and we had 27 commanders achieve over a billion in the week!

On the other hand, we're totally broken now and going for a Centauri Mega Gin or two from a Mug, lighting the Pantaa Prayer Sticks and maybe having a bottle of Indi Bourbon ready for when the Gin runs out.

Congratulations, Truckers!

I personally couldn't be more happy with the effort put in by my community as well. We won 5 trophies across the board!

PC - gold political, gold combat; PS4 - gold political, silver CQC, XBOX - bronze political.

Very proud to be the leader of The Winged Hussars today! :D

I have the exact same concerns regarding squadron size and think a per capita idea is very solid. That being said, my squadron, Greybeard Delta on PS4, with 38 members, managed to place Silver in Exploration second only to the massive distant world squadron which outnumbered us by more than tenfold.

I have the exact same concerns regarding squadron size and think a per capita idea is very solid. That being said, my squadron, Greybeard Delta on PS4, with 38 members, managed to place Silver in Exploration second only to the massive distant world squadron which outnumbered us by more than tenfold.

But then a solo player would have a hugely boosted chance of winning and groups with diverse communities would find it near impossible to compete at all - removing the need for multi-player squadrons!

But then a solo player would have a hugely boosted chance of winning and groups with diverse communities would find it near impossible to compete at all - removing the need for multi-player squadrons!

I have to say that I fully agree with Flagg post and to compare with Solo players is clearly ridiculous. Squadrons are surely for GROUPS of commanders coming together to enjoy the game. Solo play is a completely different type of gameplay and should be recognised and rewarded as such. Solo play is NOT what Squadrons were introduced for and as such it is inappropriate to compare this against Squadron gameplay.

I would like to Congratulate Greybeard Delta Squadron for their second place in exploration on the Ps4 server. Only 38 members who were only beaten by the Distant Worlds 2 expedition who were unbeatable due to their membership numbers and also it being a massive organised event. This is a huge achievement for our fledgling Squadron yet is testament to the great community and friendships forged via our community "Over 40's Elite Club"
Congratulations and Well done Greybeards!

Last edited:
The Stuff looks fancy,,,, ill keep it in storge, things flickering and natural thing is your eye and brain is attracted to moving things. So no use in combat ships, nice to see mabe if you do chill stuff like exploration or mining. Solid stuff would be at least for me a bit better cause ain´t that eye acttracting

Can we see where we came ? Havent checked but there are 5 of us in our group and at one point we were top 100 for Combat, wondering where we finished up.

EDIT 132nd, happy with that :)

You can click hall of fame to see your previous seasons. The last season button in combat displays nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom