News Squadron Leaderboards - Season One - Results

I’d no idea I was involved in a race to deliver exploration data yesterday. Having dropped off 160M credits worth of data the night before I’d set off with my new mantra of searching specifically for Ammonia Worlds (never found one until last night) and was pootling around when the DW Squadron Comms became awash with talk of being ‘neck and neck’ and getting your data in before 7am.

This came in with me planning on going to bed within the next hour so I had to quickly map what I could and buckyball the 40something jumps back to Sacaqawea Port before I could get some sleep.

I didn’t know exploration could be such a rush!

Congratulations to the FleetCom Cmdrs....maybe we’ll get you next time.:)

I’d no idea I was involved in a race to deliver exploration data yesterday. Having dropped off 160M credits worth of data the night before I’d set off with my new mantra of searching specifically for Ammonia Worlds (never found one until last night) and was pootling around when the DW Squadron Comms became awash with talk of being ‘neck and neck’ and getting your data in before 7am.

This came in with me planning on going to bed within the next hour so I had to quickly map what I could and buckyball the 40something jumps back to Sacaqawea Port before I could get some sleep.

I didn’t know exploration could be such a rush!

Congratulations to the FleetCom Cmdrs....maybe we’ll get you next time.:)

It was very close I think it was only about 107m difference so it was a good fight on both sides. That being said... bring it on >:c

Last edited:
Any plans to make the political leaderboard reflect actual BGS work or will it remain a competition to see who can sell the most type-9 loads of commodities individually before their wrists seize up?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Huge congratulations to all the winners! And very well done to the Winged Hussars for managing to get so many medals across all platforms, and the Truckers for taking their rightful place above the ponies.

Last edited:
Will, any chance FD will tell the Powerplay community how the PP leaderboard works? Or is that something FD would rather forget about while they dole out trinkets?

With a crime, pvp and power play leaderboard it would probably be more appealing.

They should make an individual ranked pvp leaderboard, with a system like chess where beating a higher ranked player is worth a lot and beating a lower ranked player worth little. That should give "good" pvpers a reason to fight eachother.

They should make an individual ranked pvp leaderboard, with a system like chess where beating a higher ranked player is worth a lot and beating a lower ranked player worth little. That should give "good" pvpers a reason to fight eachother.

Why not do it as emergent gameplay and do it without them?

Still no PvP kill section, tse tse.
One would think that the most competetive playstyle in a ED would be getting a leaderboard but oh dear, I always forget that logic is something only a few people use. :|

award for participation ? what ??? Medals are for WINNERS. If you can't make it to the best 3 ranks then you shouldn't be awarded. I didn't make it either. If everyone got an award it wouldn't be a COMPETITION!

Agree 100% .....Rememember, 2nd place is 1st loser ;)

Has there been any detailing of what metrics the individual leader-boards go on?
From what I've experienced, it does not seem to be 1:1 credits anyway.

I turned in about 300 million credits of exploration data, and my score is currently on 133 362 837 points.

So in addition to the leaderboard being bias towards the larger squadrons, it also appears that a number of squadrons had not bothered to cash any data in during season one.

The result is that 5 days into Season 2 and they have notched up as many points that some squadrons made in a month.

Maybe my squadron should hold off until season three to cash data in

Top Bottom