News Squadron Leaderboards - Season Two - Results

Again, if you truly believe that the numbers don't add up, then raise it with FD.

I've never done xeno hunting, i have no idea what is possible and no idea of the numbers. You say the numbers don't add up. Ok, that's your position. I can't verify it. Again, please do not accuse one of my squadron members of cheating. If he has cheated, then i'll agree its wrong and won't condone it.

Report it to FD please and let them take a look.

Hey there Agony, long time no chat.

I do apologize (not on anyone's behalf) if some of our AXI members seemingly accused one of your squadron member of exploitation. I am sure we are simply shocked by the apparent fact that a single Cmdr managed to come in second of the leaderboard of AX, since all conventional methods of score hunting point to that being an impossibility statistically speaking.

However it is certainly possible that said Cmdr came across an extremely efficient method of scoring that we can all take notes from.

Either way, we look forward to the challenge in the third season; and of course, finding out just what exactly enabled a lone Cmdr to overcome statistical limitations to accomplish the impossible, if your statement is true.

See you out there in the black.

Last edited:
Xeno Defence btw :D

"Killing as many Thargoids as possible in a short period of time" is not defending the attacked systems just FYI.

...from day one this just makes me think of...

2uh2Z4o.jpg

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
He was dropping billions at a time on a daily basis(have spreadsheets to show this). So lets assume he was legit fighting medusas solo. Best case scenario for medusa is around 15 minutes. Thats 96 medusas every 24 hours, not including restock/repair times and time spent looking for medusas. And these are perfect medusa runs which even the best ax pilots cant do consistently. There is literally no way it was one single man farming at these rates unless he's using some sort of exploit. Feel free to prove me wrong, ill gladly eat crow, but this just seems like .

Hi Ghostnote,

Thank you for the report. We do not condone any form of cheating or exploitation, and will investigate the matter on a case-by-case basis.

Hey there Agony, long time no chat.

I do apologize (not on anyone's behalf) if some of our AXI members seemingly accused one of your squadron member of exploitation. I am sure we are simply shocked by the apparent fact that a single Cmdr managed to come in second of the leaderboard of AX, since all conventional methods of score hunting point to that being an impossibility statistically speaking.

However it is certainly possible that said Cmdr came across an extremely efficient method of scoring that we can all take notes from.

Either way, we look forward to the challenge in the third season; and of course, finding out just what exactly enabled a lone Cmdr to overcome statistical limitations to accomplish the impossible, if your statement is true.

See you out there in the black.

Hey Gluttony, good to hear from you.

All i can say on the matter is that Jankules works wonders on our BGS and other matters, and that if he has found an exploit for Thargoids then he must also have found an exploit for the BGS as well. He's the only one of us who actually contributes signficantly to anything we are involved in.

I most certainly hope FD investigate this and find he did nothing wrong. At worst some sort of loophole rather than an outright exploit.

Naturally, should FD find any evidence of naughtiness, i will request we lose our title and rewards for the season.

Killing scavengers at the Thargoid base is easily the quickest way to gain points for the combat leaderboard.
Should killing the scavengers at the Thargoid bases count towards combat?
Its not like the scavengers can shoot back now is it?
Its more like farming combat points rather than doing actual combat.
Any chance we could get this fixed so the combat leaderboard represents combat,you know those conflict zones and pesky pirates that are everywhere?

As a side note you can make 1% towards your Elite combat rank every 2mins killing these scavengers that dont shoot back. So yeah combat Elite in one day, all you need is dumb fire missiles and a sidewinder.
Please fix.

Last edited:
As a side note you can make 1% towards your Elite combat rank every 2mins killing these scavengers that dont shoot back. So yeah combat Elite in one day, all you need is dumb fire missiles and a sidewinder.
Please fix.

No no! Please don't fix until i've got Elite in combat. Thanks in advance :D

Killing scavengers at the Thargoid base is easily the quickest way to gain points for the combat leaderboard.
Should killing the scavengers at the Thargoid bases count towards combat?
Its not like the scavengers can shoot back now is it?
Its more like farming combat points rather than doing actual combat.
Any chance we could get this fixed so the combat leaderboard represents combat,you know those conflict zones and pesky pirates that are everywhere?

Please fix.

Wait, what?!? brb buying some rockets :D

No no! Please don't fix until i've got Elite in combat. Thanks in advance :D

Well this exploit(elite combat in 5 hours) has been in the game since The Return 2.4 so I dont expect them to fix it anytime soon, well maybe when Down to Earth does a vid about it.

But if/when they do fix it if they could also remove scavengers & skimmers from counting towards the combat leaderboard that would be a good step forward to making the combat leaderboard relevant towards combat.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's much of an exploit. I just gave it a try because why not, and I had to kill about a hundred of the little guys to go up 1%. It took way longer than two minutes. I suspect that these things are worth about as much as skimmers, and the person who tried out the exploit was at a very low combat rank. That's why fdev hasn't fixed it.

I'm not sure it's much of an exploit. I just gave it a try because why not, and I had to kill about a hundred of the little guys to go up 1%. It took way longer than two minutes. I suspect that these things are worth about as much as skimmers, and the person who tried out the exploit was at a very low combat rank. That's why fdev hasn't fixed it.

1% at deadly. Get a vulture, size 3 racks. The 6 scavengers spawn in 4 spots, you fly above each spot and shoot all 6 scavengers, going round and round killing 32 scavengers in 20secs. It takes a little practice but once you are into the swing of it the times come tumbling down.

The things is, they dont shoot back. There is no defence. So why should they count towards elite combat or the combat leaderboard at all? They should be removed from both.

1% at deadly. Get a vulture, size 3 racks. The 6 scavengers spawn in 4 spots, you fly above each spot and shoot all 6 scavengers, going round and round killing 32 scavengers in 20secs. It takes a little practice but once you are into the swing of it the times come tumbling down.

The things is, they dont shoot back. There is no defence. So why should they count towards elite combat or the combat leaderboard at all? They should be removed from both.

Where I went there there were only two spots that spawn three each, and it happened at random. Sometimes a new batch showed up immediately, other times it was quite a few seconds before they appeared (and yes, I made sure they were all dead because a new batch only appears when all three are gone). So we're looking at 6 scavengers appearing at more or less random intervals. It took me about 40 minutes to go up from 63% dangerous to 64%. I guess it's RNG weirdness again and there are better places to do this than others.

Agreed that it's B.S that they should count since they're not combatants.

Last edited:
Ok, why you just don’t use a calculator instead? 1.4 billion per day are 60 million per hour if he has played 24 hours continuously. It was day 26 of the season. On previous day he has dropped 800 million, so there is no way the 1.4 billion drop to be accumulated. Agreed? Now, I claim, that there is no legit way a single person to make 60 million PFCB per hour and to accumulate them, which means he is not using self-destructing to replenish premium ammo. Prove me wrong.

It is obviously cheats if these numbers are true...
FD will act as much they have acted around botting.

Hi Ghostnote,

Thank you for the report. We do not condone any form of cheating or exploitation, and will investigate the matter on a case-by-case basis.

Hi Will, two months later, could we have any response about the report raised by Ghostnote? In the light of recently discovered cheat third party software, I would love to know how one person was able to kill thargoids for 1.4 billion pilot federation combat bonds per 24 hours.

So there are no PvPers using cheats? I find that hard to believe, since most online PvP games are ridden with cheats.

I think you missed the point a bit.. Yeah there are plenty of PvP cheaters, but Fdev are usually more keen to wield the banhammer against them (rather than botters and other PvE exploiters who rarely seem to get any penalty as far as we can tell). I'm of course mostly referring mainly to the 5-1 exploit, not so much hackers who adjust shield stats etc - these guys don't seem to get punished properly yet.

Incidentally I hope the cheaters recently exposed (PvP & PvE) get permabanned.

I think you missed the point a bit.. Yeah there are plenty of PvP cheaters, but Fdev are usually more keen to wield the banhammer against them (rather than botters and other PvE exploiters who rarely seem to get any penalty as far as we can tell). I'm of course mostly referring mainly to the 5-1 exploit, not so much hackers who adjust shield stats etc - these guys don't seem to get punished properly yet.

Incidentally I hope the cheaters recently exposed (PvP & PvE) get permabanned.

We don't know how keen FD are to wield the banhammer against those running hacks, but i presume they are very keen to do so. But we know they don't immediately do it because then they get into a game of cat and mouse with the cheat devs who then can quickly make changes and get a new cheat out, meanwhile FD only catch a few of the cheaters. The cheat devs also learn quicker exactly what they changed which triggered the devs to be able to detect the cheat. By waiting the cheat devs don't know what is is that enables FD's devs to detect it. Therefore FD, as well as other companies, prefer to do the bans in ban waves, when they have made a good analysis of the cheat, got a good fix for it, and it will take longer for the cheat devs to find a way around it.

Its worth remembering that to fix the 5-1 exploit they were working with their code only, so they just needed to fix how their code works and apply punishment. With the hacks they need to not only look at their own code but also figure out how the hack works and how to stop it not just working, but look at other possible related attack vectors and shut them down as well. Hackers are very creative and this won't be the last time there is a hack for the game. FD will shut it down, for a while, then there will be a newer version, which gets around FD's code in another way.

Like you, i also hope those using these hacks get permabanned.

Top Bottom