PvP CQC Squadrons are the final nail in the CQC coffin.

CQC, it's always been difficult to get into a match but you used to be able to. Now? Now CQC is just Squadrons boosting to get their points on the leaderboards. You get into a match and the boosters either all turn on you (Deathmatch), Clog, or quit out at the end of a match. It's ridiculous, some of us loved CQC for the real PVP combat where skill is king and you had the chance to 'git gud' without all the engineering malarky that so unbalanced PVP in the main game. Anyway, it's CQC, who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
CQC, it's always been difficult to get into a match but you used to be able to. Now? Now CQC is just Squadrons boosting to get their points on the leaderboards. You get into a match and the boosters either all turn on you (Deathmatch), Clog, or quit out at the end of a match. It's ridiculous, some of us loved CQC for the real PVP combat where skill is king and you had the chance to 'git gud' without all the engineering malarky that so unbalanced PVP in the main game. Anyway, it's CQC, who cares?

Yeah. Make CQC open-only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Squadron Leaderboards made CQC more popular.. nothing wrong with that.

Yes, some people team up in DM (no doubt people from same squadron), but then good to have veterans in the match to bring the balance to the game ;)

When I sense any teamwork in DM I focus on those players. To get on my bad side is the last thing you want lol

EDIT: if a bunch of relatively new players gang up on one of the veterans, fair enough. I'm talking about non-veteran players here, where a bunch team up in DM against the others. It's not fair play.

-

Last edited:
EDIT: if a bunch of relatively new players gang up on one of the veterans, fair enough. I'm talking about non-veteran players here, where a bunch team up in DM against the others. It's not fair play.

Yeah, i can remember you and steenpas doing exact that... double standarts from the so called veterans.

The Replicated Man

T
The thing that made CQC excruciating to play for me was the terrible distros on the smaller craft. I've been spoiled by my 3A Charged Enhanced Distros for far too long I suppose.

I also just think to myself, Why would one even play CQC when you can have more fun in game in Engineered small ships that Actually do what you tell them to?
That being said I will join a match with friends from time to time. It's just boring to me.

Kinda like comparing an apple to a box of smarties. The kid is always going to go for the smarties after they try it for the first time.

The thing that made CQC excruciating to play for me was the terrible distros on the smaller craft. I've been spoiled by my 3A Charged Enhanced Distros for far too long I suppose.

I also just think to myself, Why would one even play CQC when you can have more fun in game in Engineered small ships that Actually do what you tell them to?
That being said I will join a match with friends from time to time. It's just boring to me.

Kinda like comparing an apple to a box of smarties. The kid is always going to go for the smarties after they try it for the first time.

To have engineered ship you have to grind... I've been trying to build my first PvP for weeks now.. I start the game... only to get frustrated that I have to fly somewhere to get things engineered only to find out I have no mats... so I usually go back to menu after a short while and play CQC instead.

The Replicated Man

T
To have engineered ship you have to grind... I've been trying to build my first PvP for weeks now.. I start the game... only to get frustrated that I have to fly somewhere to get things engineered only to find out I have no mats... so I usually go back to menu after a short while and play CQC instead.

Honestly though it is worth the grind. It also helps if you have a friend who can help you aquire some of the rare goods for certain engineers.

Yes it is a grind. But what is worth more? A Higher CQC rank which noone really cares about or a sweet engineered ship that noone cares about.

:(

Honestly though it is worth the grind. It also helps if you have a friend who can help you aquire some of the rare goods for certain engineers.

Yes it is a grind. But what is worth more? A Higher CQC rank which noone really cares about or a sweet engineered ship that noone cares about.

:(

It would be nice to have a PvP ship.. I'll probably focus my efforts on already half-engineered Vulture that I used in some PvP back in 2017... thrusters, PAs, distributor and a few other modules don't need to be changed. Just need to add 2 SCBs, tweek shields/boosters/powerplant and it will be ready to go.

I was trying to engineer Mamba and FDL from scratch but I'm giving up.

Idk man, I’m just glad there’s games.

Boosting players can get smoked just the same when I turn up lol. Hard to boost when ‘ol Narf is killing everyone in the lobby.

[Flexes in second place]

Yeah, i can remember you and steenpas doing exact that... double standarts from the so called veterans.
Two strong players both killing you easily and not being able to secure a kill on each other is not them ganging up, even if it might look like it in the final scores.

(And I have trouble thinking of a less plausible pairing for cooperation)

Not being able to perma-boost and not being able to perma-shoot [1] is one of the big things I prefer about the CQC model. I get horrendously lazy with my pips in the main game precisely because I don't immediately run out of power - which is no good for my main game PvP skills, of course. I'm not saying that pips aren't incredibly important in the main game, it's just that often it's less immediately obvious when you've got it wrong.

[1] Okay, light fighter, engine focused distributor, efficient boost diverter, rapid cannons comes pretty close. But it has enough downsides to compensate...

So people weren't teaming up before Squadrons?
Because my first thought on reading about arena play was to join it with a buddy and target all the other guys first.

I don't think you'd need a squadron to have that understanding.

No it's not. CQC was dead after the first week of its release, and has been so all along and will remain so for all eternity. Just like multicrew and many other "features" that are not even half-baked

Adios FDev basically, they've used Elite as a cash cow, neglected it, half finished concepts, now we are expected to wait until 2020 for another decent update.

Top Bottom