PvP CQC Squadrons are the final nail in the CQC coffin.

So in your opinion me and steenpass were teaming up? Man, you have no idea lol

I don't remember you.

-

I have been here from the beginning, me and artysu where basicly the only ones doing regulary cqc. long before discord and fight nights.
I'm not mad if you can't remember me. Take the chill. I'm even not playing at the moment.

Two strong players both killing you easily and not being able to secure a kill on each other is not them ganging up, even if it might look like it in the final scores.

(And I have trouble thinking of a less plausible pairing for cooperation)

Could be, but haven't you ever noticed. When two high ranking players, instead of fighting each other upon the weapon power up, rather choose to engage the noobs circling in the fishbowl clueless around each other?

I have been here from the beginning, me and artysu where basicly the only ones doing regulary cqc. long before discord and fight nights.
I'm not mad if you can't remember me. Take the chill. I'm even not playing at the moment.
You seem mad. I don't know artysu either.
I used to play BF2 years ago.. nobody cares.

Could be, but haven't you ever noticed. When two high ranking players, instead of fighting each other upon the weapon power up, rather choose to engage the noobs circling in the fishbowl clueless around each other?
Huh? You clearly have no idea what was happening. Too long break perhaps?
Noobs tend to believe many things when they play CQC. Play more and maybe you will start to understand what's really happening during the matches.
When I was a noob like yourself I thought I kept losing because every higher ranked player had better ship. Now I know they didn't have better ships, they were better than me.

Huh? You clearly have no idea what was happening. Too long break perhaps?
Noobs tend to believe many things when they play CQC. Play more and maybe you will start to understand what's really happening during the matches.
When I was a noob like yourself I thought I kept losing because every higher ranked player had better ship. Now I know they didn't have better ships, they were better than me.

Uff, yeah, sure. Where did i say, that i'm better than you? But yeah, keep on, lets you look like a real grown up.

Elitiest like yourself are the main reason all the noobs don't keep on playing. Instead of giving tips and advices you keep on bashing noobs.
One search would have showed you that i cared long before you, about cqc, i don't care if you remember anythink from the beginning, but half a year after realeasing cqc, fdev abonded it. so did i.

But i'm not here to tell sad stories. You seem to misunderstand me, but its ok, you still can learn.

You clearly come here with issues that maybe I don't understand.

I'm new to CQC, what do I know anyway.

You accuse me of teaming up with steenpass, all I can say you are wrong.

Elitiest like yourself are the main reason all the noobs don't keep on playing. Instead of giving tips and advices you keep on bashing noobs.
Do you even read what you write?

First off, I'd like to know at what point it became CMDR Musketeer's job to make sure 'noobs' are having a nice time. If he's good (1) is he required to help new players for a month, six months, a year? How much of his play time does he have to spend hand-holding neophytes and they take their first, faltering steps out of Trevithick dock? I didn't know the game required community service for being a skilled pilot. I didn't even know that moral imperative existed. If it does exist, it would be nice to know how much he has to contribute before he can go back to enjoying the game he bought.

Second, at some point in our society it became a bad thing to be good at something... anything at all, and to know it. If you're good (2) and you know it that doesn't make you an Elitist. That just makes you self-aware. And people who don't want to spend all of their time providing one on one coaching sessions for new players aren't Elitist either, they're just busy with other things - you know, like playing the game.

Third, with the plethora of videos, guides, forum threads and other resources available why would anyone want to get bottom tier game advice from Musketeer? At what point is it the job of new players to use the resources that are already widely available? The fact is, as a new player myself I've got probably 6-12 months of flying practice before any advice from a player like Musketeer would do any good. Giving Elitist advice to a new player is a waste of time until they've applied themselves.

I've been a powerful player in games before (3) and the sense of entitlement among new players can be downright offensive.
It is perfectly reasonable to only want to invest time in people who show that they are willing to do the work on their end.

Your attitude is silly.

NOTES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Musketeer isn't even any good; I can beat him in 3 moves.
2: Scratch that, I could beat Musketeer in 2 moves.
3: Not this one as it would probably take me almost a minute and a half to take out Musketeer, or twice that if he's in a wing.

I have had a few hours in CQC in the last week or so, I keep getting shot by other players and occasionally managing to shoot a few myself... What I will say is that those players who can wipe the floor with me (and usually the rest of the players) appear to be very skillful (no disrespect as there has also been comments of cheats too!) so there is no surprise, or shame, in losing to them.
What appeals to me, basically a non-PvP'er, about the game is purely the fun to be had by just playing something funny, fast and worth going back to play again - with no 'rebuy' what does anyone have to lose by playing? (note: self-respect won't count :p )

You clearly come here with issues that maybe I don't understand.

I'm new to CQC, what do I know anyway.

You accuse me of teaming up with steenpass, all I can say you are wrong.

And maybe i'm wrong, could be. I give you that. Sorry if i hurt you feelings when i assume you take the light route and choose to slaughter 'us' (i'm not that bad, but to you, everybody is just a noob i clearly see that now) non skilled pilots instead of the skilled ones.
You ride on your high horse and have disrespect to the people who even played before you. Don't wonder than if people treat you with you own standarts.

But again, sorry if i hurt your feelings over the interwebs... Kids these days...

I would switched games long ago, but e:d despite its many many flaws, still has one of the best flight models for me. And hopefully it will get replaced rather sooner than later.

Do you even read what you write?

First off, I'd like to know at what point it became CMDR Musketeer's job to make sure 'noobs' are having a nice time. If he's good (1) is he required to help new players for a month, six months, a year? How much of his play time does he have to spend hand-holding neophytes and they take their first, faltering steps out of Trevithick dock? I didn't know the game required community service for being a skilled pilot. I didn't even know that moral imperative existed. If it does exist, it would be nice to know how much he has to contribute before he can go back to enjoying the game he bought.

Second, at some point in our society it became a bad thing to be good at something... anything at all, and to know it. If you're good (2) and you know it that doesn't make you an Elitist. That just makes you self-aware. And people who don't want to spend all of their time providing one on one coaching sessions for new players aren't Elitist either, they're just busy with other things - you know, like playing the game.

Third, with the plethora of videos, guides, forum threads and other resources available why would anyone want to get bottom tier game advice from Musketeer? At what point is it the job of new players to use the resources that are already widely available? The fact is, as a new player myself I've got probably 6-12 months of flying practice before any advice from a player like Musketeer would do any good. Giving Elitist advice to a new player is a waste of time until they've applied themselves.

I've been a powerful player in games before (3) and the sense of entitlement among new players can be downright offensive.
It is perfectly reasonable to only want to invest time in people who show that they are willing to do the work on their end.

Your attitude is silly.

1) We are talking about cqc and not hand holding you in the starter sectors, read my post. Its about double standarts.

2) Yeah, thats why we are at this point in the discussion? Nobody needs to coach anybody, but festing on fresh players or unskilled ones, while ignoring skilled pilots at the same time is not a gentlemens move. Don't get me wrong, we need no gentlemens...
But when the only think you can do about seal clubbers is to team up and then they whine about onto the forums, i have a laugh and make fun of it.

3) Fight around the weapon power up, is all you need to know.

Yes, i even read what i write bru, do you? whats going on with you? Are you Planchet the servent of D'Artagnan? silly me

Yes, i even read what i write bru, do you? whats going on with you? Are you Planchet the servent of D'Artagnan? silly me
You are the one coming to the forum asking other players to donate time and resources to help you be a better player only to call names when your demands aren't met. I'm okay with that, but I'm asking for some criteria - that is, at what point does it become okay for another player to play the game they bought the way they want to play it without being accused of being less than a gentleman?

You keep going after Musketeer like he owes you something.
I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that you've a right to anything at all from him.

Just to add, as another "I used to be pretty good at this but don't really play anymore" CQC pilot who also used to go up against Artysu:

These days, most vets also try to actively avoid driving away new blood in an already desperately shallow player base, so they'll hold back some if they're clearly dominating the field.

If all you do is focus on killing noobs, any other vets in the match will take the opportunity to shoot you in the back. On the flipside, if vets only focus on each other, and completely ignore the noobs, then you can easily get into a stalemate where they chase each other around without securing a kill for the entire match.

Most of the matches I've been in that involve two vets and the rest noobs, it's a game where you're trying to balance shooting some noobs to score points with keeping an eye on your rival and also controlling / powerups... because if they take you out, then they'll have some uninterrupted time to blast the noobs and get their score up before you respawn, not to mention whatever powerups are free to grab. You may not end up securing many kills on your rival, but make no mistake: even if it's the noobs you're killing more often, it's the rival you're focused on defeating.

i'm going aftter high horse double standards, thats all, not some personal vengage because more skilled players beat me. But you seem to young(? sorry for more assumptions por interwebs kid) to understand that? And no, i don't need tips flying toward the weapon powerup, thanks.

But for one, who his here from the beginning, called to be a noob, is pretty low standards even for this forum.

Only the true lamers, call others noobs. We all have been noobs some time...

But for one, who his here from the beginning, called to be a noob, is pretty low standards even for this forum.
I think if you want to work with players to make better combat that would be awesome.
I think expecting other players to do that; and the assessment that they're lame if they don't, is where the problem arises.

I think if you want to work with players to make better combat that would be awesome.
I think expecting other players to do that; and the assessment that they're lame if they don't, is where the problem arises.

Where do you read that i expect to be teached to be a better pilot (if i even be able for that!?)
i clearly stated, that i'm here to point out the double standards some players have.

Where do you read that i expect to be teached to be a better pilot (if i even be able for that!?)
i clearly stated, that i'm here to point out the double standards some players have.

My apologies, a couple of posts back it appears if someone hacked your account and wrote this:

huehnerfaust said:

It appears that the hacker believes that Musketeer is the problem because he doesn't take time to teach others how to play.
I recommend you change your password immediately.

My apologies, a couple of posts back it appears if someone hacked your account and wrote this:

It appears that the hacker believes that Musketeer is the problem because he doesn't take time to teach others how to play.
I recommend you change your password immediately.

Yeah, because he startet with the whole noob think. Which i'm clearly not

I'm not the best pilot i know that, but neither you are. But that is not the point.

We can continue argueing here, or just start a fight? See you in the arena i guess!

i'm going aftter high horse double standards, thats all, not some personal vengage because more skilled players beat me. But you seem to young(? sorry for more assumptions por interwebs kid) to understand that? And no, i don't need tips flying toward the weapon powerup, thanks.

Only the true lamers, call others noobs. We all have been noobs some time...

What double standards are you on about? I'm not one of the white knights from CQC discord who pretend they care about noobs. I kill whoever appears on my screen... Obviously I give experienced players more attention as they are higher threat.

My approach to CQC is simple.. I just want to play a few games, win if I can, then get out. I usually don't involve myself socially beyond that. To me it's like any PvP game I played before - BF2, AvP2 etc.

Oh and I'm not young... 40+ father of two. So you got that wrong too.

And the expression of my face when I read your posts is pretty much like this...

q972puR.jpg

Last edited:
3) Fight around the weapon power up, is all you need to know.
For stomping new players, sure. And in a match with just two good players, whichever one can grab weapons has a big advantage (though the other good player may well try to avoid engaging them directly at that point) ... which means two good players who want an interesting duel may agree to both ignore it. (Which presumably you view as collusion, despite it giving the noobs more of a chance as well? But no more than the voluntary agreement by a lot of main game PvP groups to avoid the heat meta to get more interesting fights was.)

In top-level matches with 8 good players it's a lot less important - Stealth is probably more powerful - as picking Weapons up also makes you a target for everyone else. I have a better win rate in top-level matches when I don't pick up weapons than when I do ... if everyone's fighting around the powerup, hanging back and not doing that can work well.

I've given up, the last update just riddled CQC with bugs, 7-10 matches end with a bluescreen crash, not sure if it is CQC itself or certain people are using a hack that is crashing the game, jury is out on that one.

I experience nothing you describe. Looks fine to me, except old bugs.

I've heard people get bluescreen crash after downloadning stuff from adult sites... Maybe good antivirus and surely format and OS reinstall will fix it for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom