PvP CQC Squadrons are the final nail in the CQC coffin.

Hacks on PS4? 🤔

PC version is buggy but playable. At least is was this morning.

Main game on the other hand is a mess. Resetting module priorities is very frustrating.

Deleted member 163043

D
This discussion seems a bit confused and misleading. The issues the OP is speaking of are on PS4 not PC. As far as I am aware, PC is fine and doesn't have a crash bug in CQC. The title and description could have done with being more accurate and clearly stating this is a PS4 console issue and not Elite across all platforms.

The CQC crash bug on PS4 may or may not be a PS4 hack by the squadron exploiting CQC to win the leaderboards. It does seem only to affect us when we are in a game with this particular squadron, but that may be coincedance. If it is not their hack and another of their exploits, then the recent update has caused a crash bug in CQC, which hopefully Fdev will address.

As for the nature of this post, I strongly disagree that 'Squadrons' and 'Leaderboards' are the problem with CQC on PS4.

IMO Squadrons and Leaderboards were a great update to the game, and actually brought life to CQC in the form of more active competition in the Arena. While we all previously grouped with fellow pilots/players before Squadrons, now there is an in-game identity and it's fun to be a part of a team. I personally only see positives with the Squadrons update.

I think the real issue here on PS4 is the cheating and exploiting of the Leaderboards!

Competition is good, whether it be in game or in Sports, it's healthy and fun. But as in the real world, there will always be individuals and groups that want to win so badly that they will cheat and exploit to take first place. It doesn't matter to them that they did not win fairly within the rules of play, it only matters that they won, and that everyone else 'saw' that they won. The differnece is that in the real world, and in many other online games, when caught, cheaters and exploiters are disqualified and banned!

In Elite, for whatever reason, that doesn't seem to occur. This causes an issue, as the precidence is that everyone knows that Fdev won't ban anyone and there is no repercussion for cheating and exploiting. I think there have been many previous forum discussions on this topic here and on reddit where players report cheating and present evidence, but it appears no action is taken.

In this recent case with CQC on PS4, one Squadron is winning all three combat leaderboards, and quite suspiciously given that there are only about 15 or so of them, and out of that just a handful are active, yet they have beaten squadrons with 4-6 more times the amount of players. We can't say if they have cheated/exloited Xeno and NPC Combat Ledaerboards, but we have seen first hand that they are exploiting CQC leaderboards. They have been reported with some evidence, but they are very clever and quickly quit the game as soon as other players turn up in the Arena, so catching them has been tricky... but now with these mysteruous blackscreen and bluescreen crashes that occur in CQC when anyone enters a match with this squadron, it is now impossible to gain any more evidence and CQC is unplayable for all but this one squadron who are still somehow clocking up hundreds of thousands of points.

There is nothing wrong with losing a competition, that's part of competition. But it undermines the game when certain players and squadrons just boost, cheat and exploit the leaderboards, just becuase they want to be top of the leaderboards but are not willing to actually fight anyone or compete fairly. This is the real issue, and the other issue is that by not doing anything to reprimand these players, the whole point of the Leaderboards and Squadrons is completly undermined and becomes a pointless endeavor.

I've heard other players recently say "Ok, well if they want to cheat and Fdev are not going to do anything, then let's also cheat and beat them at their own game".... this is proof of the issue. If players can only compete and win Leaderboards by cheating the system, then there isn't much point logging on.

I for one would rather find another game to have fun with rather than dishonouring myself by resulting in becoming part of the cheater/exploiter problem. And that is what has occurred. Many of us have simply stopped logging on now.

Enough tears here to fuel my ship, but it might go rusty and I just detailed it.

I can never play CQC too long, 'cause there's always one Big Guy(tm) who totally trashes everyone else. I suck anyway, but at least I can fight back against the other people.

In a few other games, I am probably the same thing. It's really fun to just be way better than everyone else.

People in a tournament aren't obliged to let you win. Just hope you get hooked up with people on your level. That's probably the only gripe I have with CQC, but bad matchmaking is a thing in all video games.

I can never play CQC too long, 'cause there's always one Big Guy(tm) who totally trashes everyone else. I suck anyway, but at least I can fight back against the other people.

In a few other games, I am probably the same thing. It's really fun to just be way better than everyone else.

People in a tournament aren't obliged to let you win. Just hope you get hooked up with people on your level. That's probably the only gripe I have with CQC, but bad matchmaking is a thing in all video games.
Losing is the happy :)

I know what you meen Relspi, when I started the ace in my squadron kicked my but hard but after I learned enough to take him down once I got into the group...

This next seasion should be fun, assuming we don't get balck screen after first death if another squadron is in game. That may be the bug that made it "appear" as a cheat due to squads boosting up the points and game crashes on real fights.
(Even though that wont explain how I won a match after changing my PSN but only once before game crashing exe.)

I know what you meen Relspi, when I started the ace in my squadron kicked my but hard but after I learned enough to take him down once I got into the group...

This next seasion should be fun, assuming we don't get balck screen after first death if another squadron is in game. That may be the bug that made it "appear" as a cheat due to squads boosting up the points and game crashes on real fights.
(Even though that wont explain how I won a match after changing my PSN but only once before game crashing exe.)
🤣🤣🤣 ridiculous

All these arguments in regards to picking on "Noob's" vs going against not noob's are the same arguments that caused Fdev to implement the new starter system (Safe Zone) for noob's in the main game.

All these arguments in regards to picking on "Noob's" vs going against not noob's are the same arguments that caused Fdev to implement the new starter system (Safe Zone) for noob's in the main game.

Luckily CQC is a PvP arena.

There are some people who are verbal about being nice to noobs, funnily it's the same people who stomped on me or ganged up on me when I was a noob under the excuse that "I was hard to kill" (obviously I was constantly running away while being bullied). As long as you don't do better in the game than them you are safe. So it's all hypocrisy from my point of view.

I play fair, I'm fair to noobs. I don't pick on anyone unless I'm attacked persistently by someone. But then you have no right to complain really.

One enter's CQC deliberately! And subsequently must accept, what ever happens, happens. Perhaps Fdev should incorporate a disclaimer similar to the one no one reads and simply clicks one the accept tab when installing hardware or software on their electronic devices.

One enter's CQC deliberately! And subsequently must accept, what ever happens, happens. Perhaps Fdev should incorporate a disclaimer similar to the one no one reads and simply clicks one the accept tab when installing hardware or software on their electronic devices.

No need. You can't lose anything by playing CQC. It doesn't affect main game in any negative way. No rebuy cost.

Just accept it's the arena so better be prepared to die.

As long as you are willing to learn, play fair, die a lot during the learning process then you will do just fine in CQC.
To be honest the vets beat you with experience, not their flying skills. There are only 2 really good pilots - Prophett and Aaskar.. the rest is pretty mediocre - they just win by using Power Ups and map knowledge to their advantage. Some vets are really terrible even with Elite rank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom